What's your favorite bird and why?

Author: K_Michael

Total: 42
mustardness
Debates: 0
mustardness
-->
@K_Michael
The male peafowl are colorful, so I don't think that's it. I know because I own 2 girls and a boy.
Isnt that typical of male birds showing off to impress the female?

I could say its all in the eyes yet it is so much more.  Especially since the multiples eyes is likened to s some posters from 60's that were covered in eyes.
(-)(-)(-)(-)
.(-)(-)(-)(-)
(-)(-)(-)(-)

For many years Ive noticed how knots of wood{ lumber grain } looks so much like a galaxy or solar system or a sun or black hole of immense density with EM Field forming off in this direction or that direction and then other various sized  knots speckled likes suns or other galaxies, depending on the kind of wood/tree.

Peacock fowl are similar yet in some ways a more elaborate fashion with out the seeming graphic of an EMField around the knot.

The eyes also look like classical heart/love image  and they also look like the most famous Mandlebrot fractal.

So we have galaxies and clusters of galaxies appearing on their roots/shoots.

The keratin quill --------> fans also remind me of trajectories of particles emanating from collision in a particle colliders bubble chamber, tho more symmetrical.

..."Feathers can conceal or attract. They can be vibrantly colored without using pigment. They can store water or repel it. They can snap, whistle, hum, vibrate, boom, and whine. They’re a near-perfect airfoil and the lightest, most efficient insulation ever discovered."....

K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
I was saying that female peafowl aren't treated better based on attractiveness. Males compete based on appearances, so the females get to be picky, but the males aren't so selective. There is no basis that I know of for competition between female peafowl to get a mate.
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@mustardness
^^^
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
There are lots of cool birds but i love my wrens. They come to the feeder and bring their babies every spring. Then the babies come back with theirs. It's like they are my neighbors who I get to watch grow every year. Cardinals are lovely too. 

11 days later

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Vaarka
Snoopy is still better
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@Vader
Snoopy is, more importantly, irrelevant to the topic of birds. I will concede that he is my favorite WWI flying ace, but that isn't conforming to the forum topic.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@K_Michael
Very true
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
The Swallow.

Spotting the first swallow in mid April is always a special moment.

David
Debates: 91
David
Scarlet macaw by far. They are so beautiful 
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@David
Almost equal to the Cockatiel in 'having a personality of its own linguistically' but they are more mimickery prone. I must admit that parrots, macaws etc are fucking epic birds.

10 days later

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac

Because its manifestation is always accompanied by a flip, which I think is a pretty good trick.

174 days later

WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
Phoenix cause they're cool
Bluebirds if you're talking about real birds because of how nice their feather pattern looks.