66.67%

PsychometricBrain
100.00%

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@oromagi
It’s actually a bit sad. RM took on 20+ debates. He went from something like 90-odd debates to 124. In the space of a week or so, if they were all typical moons or Type1, it wouldn’t be a problem - but a lot of these were actually full debates. I’ve been struggling to keep up with voting on the them, I suspect he had the same issue debating them.

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@oromagi
RM Really should priories quality over quantity so that people who are less capable in debating than you like Alec don't take your spot. 
I am not hailing to a worse debater. 
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
I don't think any debater should be treated like a god/hailed even if they are #1 on the site although I do appreciate the compliment.

I hope I stay #1 although blamonkey having a debate might cause me to go down to #2.

I enjoy being #1.  Despite my ranking, there are many on this site that I think are better then me like RM, blamonkey, Our Boat Is Right and Bsh1.  There might be more but I just didn't list them.

RM is a risk taker.

thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
Somebody debate me on something 
thett3
thett3
-->
@Alec
i will obliterate you, like the US will obliterate Africa after you become president and conquer it
Alec
Alec
-->
@thett3
Don't see how the invading Africa thing is on topic but you might win in a debate against me.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
Our Boat Is Right
You are better than him. He is bad and if you don't think so here is a debate to show you how bad he is. Everyone else I agree with. 

Alec
Alec
-->
@TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
I think you are implying by his record being good it makes him a good debater. The problem is that you don't even agree with this 
Despite my ranking, there are many on this site that I think are better then me like RM, blamonkey, Our Boat Is Right and Bsh1.  There might be more but I just didn't list them.
Basically saying you don't think you are a good debater even though you are number 1. Do tell me if you implied something else. 

Alec
Alec
-->
@TheRealNihilist
On this site, I am currently #1.  I am good.  Maybe great.  The reason why I am not being vainglorious about it is because I am trying to stay modest about it.  RM had a good record from DDO.  Same with Bsh1.  Blamonkey beat me one time.  He has yet to lose and he has won 8x.  I implied that although I am good, maybe even  great, there are people better that me that don't try as hard.  Your focusing solely on DART ratings.  I combine DART ratings with DDO elo.  I also take records into account.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
The reason why I am not being vainglorious about it is because I am trying to stay modest about it.
Don't think you should because like you said there are other debaters on the site.
Your focusing solely on DART ratings.
Can you stop assuming what my positions are?
 I combine DART ratings with DDO elo.  I also take records into account.
Which is st*pid. 
A debater is the best when he has beaten other likely contenders. This can be people who have a record of winning or at the very least show in the couple of debates they had that they are able to provide a good claim, evidence and explanation. I wouldn't know who is the best because I have yet to read a debate from blamonkey, bsh1. I have with RM but Ramshutu is better so I don't see why he isn't on there. Our Boat is Right is awful and a clear example was the source I gave before. He said CNN is Fake News for even if his claim, evidence and explanation is true is basically saying CNN reported badly with I think 4 stories even though the definition of Fake News required Our Boat is Right to show it was deliberate. He decided to bring in his own definition and he was still wrong. Ramshutu and orogami should be added to the list replaced by RM and Our Boat is Right. Don't know too much about blamonkey or bsh1 so they can stay. 
thett3
thett3
-->
@Alec
lets do it, anything in particular you wanna debate 
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
Bad debaters
Frequently deviate from the resolution
Offer spurious and unwarranted claims.
Make substantial and often deleterious logical fallacies and failures of reasoning.

Below Par debaters 
Forget to warrant key claims
Make occasional glaring logical fallacies - and often make subtle logical fallacies - normally core claims.
Often get side tracked into arguments - but forget the resolution.
make implicit assumptions concerning definitions 

Mediocre debaters
Highlight definitions
Often miss major logical errors and flaws in opponents definition.
Generally warrant their claims.
Drop points
Forget to list harms or define values.

Good debaters 
Highlight definitions
Rarely drop points - point out drops.
Highlight harms and issues.
Warrant all claims.
Highlight unwarranted claims.
Sometimes notice out subtle errors and flaws in reasoning by their opponent.

Great debaters
Clearly elaborate harms/values
never drop points
warrants all claims
Often back opponents into corners by preempting positions.
Always argue the resolution.
Expains all points.

There are remarkably few “Good debaters”, and fewer great Debaters on this site.

Alec
Alec
-->
@thett3
I don't know any good debating ideas where I have a good shot at winning that I haven't done already.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Alec
chose a letter of the alphabet and I will generate you a debate topic.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Alec
and state whether you want to be pro con.
dave2242
Debates: 0
dave2242
-->
@Alec
congrats on becoming #1 in this site
Alec
Alec
-->
@Ramshutu
M.  I don't know your topic so I don't know if I will be pro or con.  School is starting on Monday so I don't know if I can debate.  Maybe in the summer?
Alec
Alec
-->
@dave2242
Thanks.  I got lucky RM lost 2x otherwise I might not be #1.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Alec
I’m going to generate you a debate topic for you and Thett. If you chose pro/con before the topic is revealed it is fairer.

Alec
Alec
-->
@Ramshutu
Why would it be more fair?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Ramshutu
Where would you class me on your standard?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Alec & I have discussed debating capital punishment and whether the US should remain in the US Outer Space Treaty.  I'd really like to see one of those "US takes over someplace" forum posts put into a debate format.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Alec
Okay, so if you don’t understand why picking a particular side before being assigned a randomly generated debate topic is more fair than seeing the topic, then deciding to take the side you are more comfortable with, or feel is stronger - then I would highly recommend that you don’t debate Thett - or any one in the top 10 for that matter.

Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Not enough data. 

Sometimes it’s easy to confuse “great”with “formal”.

IMO the greatest debate - in terms of arguments - on this site was from Death23: 

This is one of the few examples of a debater obliterating a relatively decent opponent with a generally strong position. 

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Ramshutu
It’s actually a bit sad. RM took on 20+ debates. He went from something like 90-odd debates to 124. In the space of a week or so, if they were all typical moons or Type1, it wouldn’t be a problem - but a lot of these were actually full debates. I’ve been struggling to keep up with voting on the them, I suspect he had the same issue debating them.

I don't think it's sad.  It's Tony Montana at the end of Scarface. I consider RatMan very generous and I raise a toast to his long reign as Top Dog- I'm sure he'll be Top Dog again soon enough.

Alec
Alec
-->
@Ramshutu
I don't like playing Devil's advocate unless I think it would be an easy win.

My definition of fair is the playing field factoring in only skill.  Even though I am #1, I'm not confident in my debating abilities especially since school is coming up.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
Sometimes it’s easy to confuse “great”with “formal”.
I do try to be "formal" but people just don't understand when they are wrong and I get really annoyed at that part.

IMO the greatest debate - in terms of arguments - on this site was from Death23: 
Don't know too much about either so I'll check this out. 
Alec
Alec
-->
@oromagi
I consider RatMan very generous and I raise a toast to his long reign as Top Dog- I'm sure he'll be Top Dog again soon enough.
I don't think he is on the site much anymore.  As of the time of this comment, he hasn't been on the site in 2 days.