Religion > Philosophy > Science

Author: mustardness

Total: 9
mustardness
Debates: 0
mustardness
Religion is tool box of morals and principles to aid the human in their every day life experiences.

Philosophy is chewing-gum for the mind that may lead to relative absolute truths.

Science is the ..'putting in order the fact of our experiences'....go that quote from Fuller and not sure where he got it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Religion ex:

Golden Rule Variations

The golden rule --do unto others as you would have them doonto you---- has
a common variation in many countries and religions. I wondered if there
were any other rules with such commonality e.g,

Is there a silver rule also? "Seek fair and just resolution with
compassion and empathy for those who violate the laws and moral codes of
humanity or its distinct tribes. "

Perhaps a wooden rule? Forgiveness by God is instantaneous, forgiveness
by humans takes time.

Or the bone rule? Eye for eye and toothe for a tooth.{ [im not sure if
any animals other than humans practice this concept }

Molecular rule? "Share not with your cousin what you would not have
them share with you."

Quantum rule? "Know that the uncertainty of mind, being common to all
humans, does not necessitate chaos."

Space-time Rule? ---Pee-Here-Now is rendition of Ram Dass’sBe Here Now

Philosophy example

Science example

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@mustardness
Philosophy: Do whatever the F*ck makes you happy and be cognizant (also detached) of the world around you. My philosophy.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Outplayz
Philosophy: Do whatever the F*ck makes you happy and be cognizant (also detached) of the world around you. My philosophy.
Seems to me to be morals, not philosophy.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@mustardness
Seems to me to be morals, not philosophy.
There's more than one definition... i didn't give you the academic version. Plus, has nothing to do with 'my' morals since someone can do something that makes them happy that i find immoral.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Outplayz
Plus, has nothing to do with 'my' morals since someone can do something that makes them happy that i find immoral.
I agree, and need to change my prior assessment so now I say your comment is closer to religion tool box rather than moral tool box

Religion
is more likened to an emotional { electrical-charge-'+' -- '-' } tool box.
......................... :--)(--: or as :--()--: ..............................

Philosophy is likened more to a painters { color-flavor-spin-politics-\\\\\////// } tool box
.......................* \ * or as * i * or as * / *.......................... 

Science is likened more to an automotive took box { mechanical physical /\/\/\/\/\/ } tool box
.........................( * ^ * ) or as ) * v * (....................

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@mustardness
Well, since i look at religion as black and white thinking i would put mine in philosophy where it's more on the grey spectrum. But that's how i define it / see it. I don't think my "philosophy" falls under black and white thinking since it's very nuanced and deeper in what it could mean when considering what it means to everyone. That's why i'm hesitating to agree with you (that it's under religion) at least from my way of seeing it. 
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Outplayz
Well, since i look at religion as black and white thinking i would put mine in philosophy where it's more on the grey spectrum.
..'dont worry, be happy'.........'whatever cranks your tractor'....'.whatever floats your boat'

Religion is tool box of morals and principles to aid the human in their every day life experiences.

..........emotional { electrical-charge-'+' -- '-' } tool box........................
............................. :--)(--: or as :--()--: ..............................
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy is a quality not quantity ergo happy does not occupy a space nor does happy  necessarily reflect and absolute truth or tell the whole story

Philosophy is chewing-gum for the mind that may lead to relative absolute truths.

....................a painters { color-flavor-spin-politics-\\\\\////// } tool box
...............................* \ * or as * i * or as * / *.........................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

happy then sad,  happy then sad,  happy then sad, happy, then sad i.e. my life has been composed of highs and lows sort of like a irregular sine-wave pattern of existence ^^^^vvvv^^^vv^^^^^^^^vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv^v^v^v^v

Science is the ..'putting in order the fact of our experiences'....got that quote from Fuller and not sure where he got it.

Titanium
Debates: 2
Titanium
-->
@mustardness
Religion is tool box to manipulate the moral substrate and principles to aid the humans to be my clans every day view of life experiences.
Fix'd

Only fking with you because you gave religion morality, ie the steering wheel, to them.  Time for everyone to take that shit back.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Titanium
Only fking with you because you gave religion morality, ie the steering wheel, to them.  Time for everyone to take that shit back.
Religion is also a toolbox of personal practice of morals and principles i.e. your, my others religion can be a  limited to one person.

As young person I was told people I have my own personal religion that I practice.

Even tho I thought I knew it all at 16 years of age, of course no one does, ergo we really go on faith and trust all  ---personal universe--- we work itself out one way or another and we have to live with those resultants { karma }.

Many of not most of have that innocent purity of heart coming out of our teenage years. Young and dumb and running on faith and trust.

Yes, some then get a rude awakening if not murder by some nut case. Shit happens to innocent people.