207 Killed In Sri Lanka by Muslims

Author: Vader

Total: 155
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
But according to their religion, if someone does not convert, they must draw their swords. 

Muslims have shot up churches, LGBTQ+ night clubs, and orphanages. 

There religion vouches for this act of terrorism, and when they do it, they are not punished.

It is not the people, but it is the Religion's. 

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Vader

Which religion is responsible for this murderous atrocity of innocent Christians at prayer on one of the Holiest days in the Christian calendar?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
I'm betting it was either your alien gods or humans, whatcha reckon?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
Committed by humans in the name of  some god of some religion. That's what I reckon. I could be wrong. We'll have to wait and see.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
So fantasists, people who believe in gods. The most dangerous animal on the planet
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
So fantasists, people who believe in gods. The most dangerous animal on the planet

Now this is where you often become so confused. Believing in a god is alright by me as long as those that follow that god do not try to impress the religion or ideology of that god onto me using violent or nonviolent actions or carry out the commands of that god against me.  Where you are quite correct is where -  as you suggest, -   that only the human that causes the chaos , mayhem & murder in the belief that they are doing the will of their god and on the direct written instructions of their god..

There are no such instructions in Christianity.

And I agree that man can be,  and many times shows himself to be "the most dangerous animal on the planet" not to mention the most destructive. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Who could ever possibly know what it is that they might make their God tell them next?

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Stephen
But according to their religion, if someone does not convert, they must draw their swords. 
How many Muslims follow that verse you are talking about? It would be better for your case if you can find the verse that says it as well.
Muslims have shot up churches, LGBTQ+ night clubs, and orphanages. 
Individuals have done X. Should we make this a representation of the group? No because the majority of the group do not do these said attacks.
There religion vouches for this act of terrorism, and when they do it, they are not punished.
Guessing in Muslim majority countries they won't get punished but if they are doing it in areas that are not Muslim majority then they should be punished. Louis Farrakhan should also be punished. I make the Muslim majority countries distinction because they would have a form of Sharia law.
No it is individuals using X reason to carry out acts. With this individual I am guessing the person had justification with Islam and other factors as well. I'll wait until they have more information about the case. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Stone your none virgin daughter to death and stone your disobedient children to death and stone homosexuals to death. You don't know much do you?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Stephen
Which even if true has not stopped christians throughout history from using violence as a conversion tool.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@secularmerlin
Which even if true has not stopped christians throughout history from using violence as a conversion tool.
Would it be fair to say since he can't see the people who he associates with as bad people he has a dislike for foreigners even though they are prone to the same bad actions as them? 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
It would actually be extremely unfair to make assumptions about his beliefs rather than to simply ask him what he believes but his posts do seem to suggest to the casual observer that this is the case. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@secularmerlin
I can't get to that position when he doesn't even apologise for making mistakes. He didn't know how to use a calculator, made a statement that wasn't even about the topic at hand while also adding insults as if that improves his point.
his posts do seem to suggest to the casual observer that this is the case. 
Let me go through his forum posts with you.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
he has a dislike for foreigners
You asked specifically about foreigners not Muslims. His attitude toward an entire demographic of people may be suggestive of his opinions about foreigners or it may not.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@secularmerlin
You asked specifically about foreigners not Muslims.
Okay then. I specifically meant Muslims as foreigners since I haven't heard him speak about Europeans.
 His attitude toward an entire demographic of people may be suggestive of his opinions about foreigners or it may not.
I don't think it is substantial. If we actually followed the way he speaks about Muslims they would be doing violence acts regularly but they are not and for him to not make a better categorisation of the Muslims that do commit terror is a problem of thinking a minority of a group speak for the majority if they are not representatives. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Stephen
Islam

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
the way he speaks about Muslims they would be doing violence acts regularly

Humans are regularly responsible for acts of violence. Some use religion to justify their actions some political ideologies some use racism others never bother trying to justify their actions at all.

If I understand your objection properly you do not so much mind him pointing out that humans are dangerous but only for failing to recognize the danger presented by non-muslim humans.

Would you say that us accurate?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
Was that aimed at me?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@secularmerlin
Humans are regularly responsible for acts of violence. Some use religion to justify their actions some political ideologies some use racism others never bother trying to justify their actions at all.
Yes.
If I understand your objection properly you do not so much mind him pointing out that humans are dangerous but only for failing to recognize the danger presented by non-muslim humans.
Yes.  
I want to add also I want him to use a better word than the plural of Muslims. A way the plural of Muslims can work is that straight after saying it or underneath his statements he quantifies them by a number and which region they are from. I am more than happy with that since it does stop it from being categorised as all Muslims instead it is specific.  
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Wpuld you perhaps give an example of the sort of statement you wouldlike to see in the future?

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@secularmerlin
X amount of Muslims from X region have these views. This has been linked to X event occurring (linking a reliable source as evidence) in the same region. X source (also a reliable source) states the leading cause of X action is X thing. This should be addressed as a problem and I offer X as the solution. This solution has worked in X scenario (giving evidence of this occurring as well). 

I added an ought statement that starts with "This should" because that is missing from his points as well. It is no good simply laying out a problem correctly when not saying how this problem can be solved. Ought statements were also missing from his points which I am sure I have mentioned one of the most earliest encounters I had with him.   

Do tell me if I am asking to much or this is not needed for him to substantiate his point. 
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
There's an additional aspect to consider in addressing the problem with respect to genuine Islam.  

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
There an additional aspect to consider in addressing the problem with respect to genuine Islam.  
What?
Vader
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist
No. It was saying that Muslims were the religion to blame for the attack
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Vader
The religion is called Islam.   Assuming you are a young Christian, you probably haven't had much time to learn about it yet.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Snoopy
I meant Islam my bad
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Vader
How can we say that the attackers are abiding by Islamic doctrine, rather than corrupting or misrepresenting its meaning?  If we don't draw from a grounded assumption, we risk obfuscating the relationship with Islam 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
I think you are getting things mixed up.
Muslim is a follower of Islam.
Islam is a Religion.

Christian is a follower of Christianity.
Christianity is a Religion. 

So it should say Islam was the Religion blamed for the attack not "Muslims were the religion to blame for the attack"
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@secularmerlin

Maybe but not on the instruction of the Christ whereas the god of the quran on the other hand makes his instructions very clear and what is required of his followers.:

Quran 51- You, who havebelieved, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact]allies of one another.
Quran 8:39
 And fight them until there is no fitnah and[until] the religion, all of it, is for Allah. And if they cease - then indeed,Allah is Seeing of what they do.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@TheRealNihilist
--> @Stephen
How many Muslims follow that verse you are talking about? It would be better for your case if you can find the verse that says it as well.

You are absolutely hopeless at following a thread aren't you? This thread is only a page and a half in and you have attributed all the above to me and  I haven't said a single word  of the above. Now go back to post one (#1SupaDudz) a THAT WILL BE THE OP and see who you have actually quoted believing it to be me and see who it is that you are actually quoting. 

This is not the thread that I started on the subject of Sri Lanka.