PragerU

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 19
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
A fake University. Anti-intellectuals. One such example of how bad they are is the graphs that they love to use. Not a labelled y and x axis while also not pointing to a source where they got the graph they drew up. 

Here is videos to watch if you actually want to know how bad they are. Not for people who liking confirming their own biases.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
All Universities are fake with arbitrary credentials. You would think the current Varsity Blues scandal along with the 500% increase in tuition has exposed that ponzi scheme by now where arbitrary universities race to authenticate each other.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Greyparrot
All Universities are fake with arbitrary credentials. You would think the current Varsity Blues scandal along with the 500% increase in tuition has exposed that ponzi scheme by now where arbitrary universities race to authenticate each other.
Yes the cost is bad but you haven't made an argument against the arbitrary credentials you just called it arbitrary. My point was to point out PragerU does not even meet standards the Universities have like academic research and giving people the opportunity of degrees. They spread countless misinformation on top of that.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Sure I did. 

1) People pay to get their children rubber stamped (Varsity blues scandal)... but that's been going on for decades with Alumni support.
2) Affirmative action awards people higher on the intersectionality hierarchy scale. That is textbook arbitrary decision making since science hasn't proved that being a light skinned hetero is a genetically weaker and inferior lifeform on the planet.
3) 500% increase in tuition with declining benefits to marketable job skills. Most Universities have gender studies as a field of expertise. Nuff said.
4) All accreditations are done with other Universities participating in the scam. That is textbook ponzi scheme with the students ultimately paying for the fake accreditations when they find that the 500% tuition debt hasn't translated into a 500% increase in employment opportunities.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Greyparrot
Sure I did. 
No you didn't. 
1) People pay to get their children rubber stamped (Varsity blues scandal)... but that's been going on for decades with Alumni support.
Which is bad and I hope Trump would do something about it. Oh wait he doesn't.
2) Affirmative action awards people higher on the intersectionality hierarchy scale. That is textbook arbitrary decision making since science hasn't proved that being a light skinned hetero is a genetically weaker and inferior lifeform on the planet.
Which is also bad and I thought Republicans disliked Affirmative action and would do something about it. Guess that is not the case.
3) 500% increase in tuition with declining benefits to marketable job skills. Most Universities have gender studies as a field of expertise. Nuff said.
Yes tuition is a lot. A University won't have a course like gender studies if people did not attend. Are you for regulation of Universities?
4) All accreditations are done with other Universities participating in the scam. That is textbook ponzi scheme with the students ultimately paying for the fake accreditations when they find that the 500% tuition debt hasn't translated into a 500% increase in employment opportunities.
Do you know a place where there is real accreditation? 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Trump is doing something about it. Haven't you heard about Trump pulling federal funds from Universities that shut down free speech?

Universities of course having a vested interest in shutting down free speech as it could expose their ponzi scheme.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Greyparrot
Trump is doing something about it. Haven't you heard about Trump pulling federal funds from Universities that shut down free speech?
What does free speech have to do with the issues you brought up? 
Universities of course having a vested interest in shutting down free speech as it could expose their ponzi scheme.
Oh so it doesn't but you still attribute it to the same people who do this "ponzi scheme". This is a claim that you don't have proof for. I guess you must believe in the conspiracy theory of George Soros. Come back to me when you can prove that the same people that do this "ponzi scheme" care about free speech and are actively trying to stop free speech. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I flagged you for hate speech.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Greyparrot
Now you have resorted to what the right resorts to. Lies. Now I know why you like to be apart of them. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You mean the left. The left is the party of hate speech. The right is the party of free speech.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Greyparrot
You mean the left. The left is the party of hate speech.
Ironic coming from a hypocrite.
The right is the party of free speech.
Clearly shown that is not the case with this comment:
When the right have to protect the "free speech" of people who they dislike they don't turn up to defend them. Instead they act like hypocrites to the own values they uphold and you have shown that to be the case. 

229 days later

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
Wow.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Yeah, the "University" part is just a gimmick. They do not seriously claim to be a university so holding that against them seems kind of petty.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Swagnarok
Do you have a different defense or am I going to have to converse with you on the claim it is just a joke bro?
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@TheRealNihilist
If they actually claimed to be a University, they would do what Trump did: establish a physical location and convince some gullible people to shell out big bucks to attend phony "classes" there. Instead, it's just this YouTube channel that people watch for free. It's true that they ask for donations from viewers, but that's not so terribly unusual.

At the very least, they would claim to have a real-world University that the channel was operating from, thus affording them a credibility which is otherwise lacking. The people in the videos would claim to be "researchers" for or connected to the University, presenting their "findings" for the general public.
But they don't do that. Instead, the people giving the videos always state who they are and what kind of work or group they're connected to. They don't claim to be fricking professors.

And I said "gimmick", not joke.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Swagnarok
I for one am totally happy with the discrediting of the word "University"

Perhaps this will lower tuition costs as people realize all higher education isn't verifiable. The Ponzi scheme of "Universities" validating each other's worth has to end at some point.

Higher education used to be a school of skepticism to counter the Milgram effect inherent in the human condition.

Today, Higher Education mandates a totally opposite mission with a plethora of mindless regurgitation of doctrine from "Authority figures"

That's pretty dangerous for a Democracy.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
university bad
Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
I like Prager University. They make a lot of great videos. Sure, some of their videos can be silly or weird, but most of them are very informative.

Who cares if they're an actual University or not? Universities don't even have to be physical. They can exist online too.
triangle.128k
Debates: 0
triangle.128k
PragerU is nothing more than boomer conservative talking points, funded by big oil companies.