Endgame

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 42
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
Good movie right?

I watched it and was pleasantly surprised by what direction the movie went.

I'll have spoilers from this point on so you have been warned. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
Iron man dies.
Black Widows dies the same way Gamora did in infinity war.
Captain American ages while doing what he wanted with his life. In the past present.
Falcon becomes the new Captain America.
Hulk and Banner are now one. So basically they are smart Hulk.
Loved to see I think deleted scenes from past Marvel movies come in to add more depth to the story and give people more of a thank you for watching our earlier titles and here is stuff that we couldn't put in the earlier movies but we put it in Endgame. 
No new way of understanding the Quantum realm but I wasn't expecting movie directors to find a breakthrough in Quantum mechanics.
Thor is fat and has joined the Guardians of the Galaxy. That is going to be a fun movie to watch.
I really thought Captain Marvel would be the one to beat up Thanos but he used the purple stone to punch her into space. Don't know how she survived a punch with the power stone and she is really powerful to take a I think a headbutt from Thanos and not flinch. I think she is over-powered because an infinity gauntlet Thanos was struggling with her until she got punched into space with the purple power stone. 
There was more that happened like the big fight scene at the end but I think that is all I want to cover.

Do tell me your most memorable scenes from the movie.  
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
I probably won’t see it until it comes to NetFlix unless my nephew bugs me to take him. Still, someone advised me to rewatch Thor Ragnorok and AntMan+Wasp to be ready so I did that. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
I probably won’t see it until it comes to NetFlix unless my nephew bugs me to take him. Still, someone advised me to rewatch Thor Ragnorok and AntMan+Wasp to be ready so I did that. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@oromagi
You are going to have wait a really long time.
I advise travelling the seven seas as a p-----.
Didn't say I did do it but is an option.
Not saying you should do it but it is an option.

WyseGui
Debates: 0
WyseGui
Cant believe it was Iron man. I thought it'd be Cap for sure. Not disappointed tho
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@WyseGui
Thought so too with the trailer. The movie would have been better if I have avoided the trailer.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Someone said Iron Man died and I barely saw it. Fuck

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@WyseGui
Iron Man is definitely the best character so it is sad to see him go. Cap is pretty much not apart of the Avengers. 
Infinity War was better. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
I had a opening statement addressing that. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist
It showed the top of forum 2
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
Sorry. I didn't know people would just skip the opening statement. 
Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
Meh I preferred Infinity War for the most part. 

Especially since i'm a big Thanos plan, 

1. Thanos was barely in the movie 

2. Thanos was killed off as a joke which was funny, but regardless was still a joke

3. Thanos was just a plain psychopath in this movie and not the intellectual titan we saw him in infinity war 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
Meh I preferred Infinity War for the most part. 
Same.
Especially since i'm a big Thanos plan, 
The plan is really dumb. He has an gauntlet that has infinite power which means why not ask for infinite resources or remove the elements which causes conflict? 
Even his plan cutting the universe in half only means people will just have a while longer for population to increase again. What is Thanos going to snap his fingers again? Oh wait he destroyed the gauntlets without realising people can simply re-produce and create life at that level Thanos doesn't like and if the Thor didn't kill him he would have to see what he did seemingly happen again but this time will not be able to cut the universe in half. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist

Infinity War is better than Endgame.

Thanos was reasonable. (if you remove the fact that he had an limitless gauntlet).

Avengers looked better Infinity War. Beard Cap is better than non Beard Cap. Hate that st*pid suit he brought back. Dad bod Thor is bad and his beard is awful.

Can't believe they killed most of the Guardians of the Galaxy cast in the first one so it gets docked for not having that cast until the end of Endgame.

One good thing that I liked about Endgame was that Thor joined Guardians of the Galaxy. 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Iron man was living day to day with a deathwish. Happy he got what he wanted.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
Shame it was spoiled by the Doctor Strange scene where he doubted Stark's will to sacrifice (Not directly but implied that if he told Iron Man what would happen he pretty much said the outcome would be different). Even though he has shown that side of him since the first Avengers movie. 

9 days later

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Good movie right?
Good... okay. But part 1 was way better bc they actually spent money on the CGI. I got the feeling they were trying to pocket as much of the money they could off part 2. They knew it's going to be huge, so they held back. I mean, cut scenes from other movies, most of the scenes were dialog, even the climax wasn't as good as it could have been. I mean, in part one when Iron Man, Spider Man, and all them fought Thanos... he freaking brought a world down on them... and they all went off... that was sick. There was really nothing that intense in part 2. I really get the feeling they were trying to save money to pocket as much as they could off part 2... shady freaking Hollywood.  

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
Well I couldn't really care about CGI because there are other things that I find more important like character development and story. I much have a 1 in CGI so that I can have a 10 in story and character development. Stories if told correctly don't get stale but CGI does. It is only asethitcally pleasing images generated. With people interacting you can have so many directions you can take the movie. This would be talking about the philosophy of the movie in whatever direction they take it and how do character's progress. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I would agree to a level bc i hate dramas and i don't watch these movies to mimic them... but i agree character development is important... but this was freaking Endgame man... we had 10 years of character development... i wanted to see them fighting together all powers combined at peek level. All they had to do to mildly make me content is have an epic fight scene the first time they went after Thanos... but it was like 2 hours of talking instead. I understand how some see it as a goodbye and disagree with me bc it was a good outro for them...  But i just feel ripped off. I can imagine so many cool fighting scenes they could have thrown in, but it just didn't happen every time... I was frustrated by the end fight scene... then, Iron Man dies and the girl next to me starts sniffling for the next 10 minutes. Maybe i just need to watch it again alone... but first go, i was frustrated. I was waiting for an epic showdown... not a TV show-ish level film. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
I would agree to a level bc i hate dramas
I am the opposite which is why I love Spider-Man 2 a drama.
but i agree character development is important... but this was freaking Endgame man... we had 10 years of character development... 
Character development is good and all but it requires a pay off. I only saw one person really done justice. Black Widow is a boring character, Hawkeye had something interesting happening. Captain America kind of was executed well because he did what he couldn't in the past but wanted but I am sure the time-travel thing messes up what the hell went on. Was Cap fighting Loki, Ultron or Thor or was he spending time with Peggy? That time travel thing doesn't make sense because a young Cap was there not an old one so basically either there was 2 Caps or 1 that was never in those Avengers movies so basically those movies don't really matter because Cap the leader of the Avengers was not there. Don't know how you are supposed to execute time-travel well. Don't think it is possible.
i wanted to see them fighting together all powers combined at peek level. 
If there was one thing that didn't matter was power levels. Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel can individually take down Thanos yet I am supposed to believe an angry Scarlet wanted to be slow about it and Captain Marvel would have a tendency to do things quick because she was patrolling the entire galaxy. She can't be in a place for too long because that would mean less time would be spent on other galaxy problems.
but it was like 2 hours of talking instead. 
I like talking. It gives meaning to the action scenes. I much have an 80% talking and 20% fight scenes because the talking builds up the fights if done correctly.
Iron Man dies and the girl next to me starts sniffling for the next 10 minutes.
That is pretty funny. I wasn't really impacted by his death so much because I have grown tired of watching pretty much all of the MCU movies.
Maybe i just need to watch it again alone... but first go, i was frustrated. I was waiting for an epic showdown... not a TV show-ish level film. 
If you mean they had a TV show budget to create the fight scenes I feel you. Infinity War was more grandiose and Endgame had one fight scene comparable to Infinity War which was the ending fight. 
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
I am very confused as to what parts of the past timeline are messed up. Loki escapes with the tesseract in 2012, even though the end of Avengers 1 shows him getting taken back to Asgard.
Nebula kills Past Nebula, but apparently this doesn't cause a problem.
Past Thanos + Thanos' army die. Is spacetime not self-consistent?
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
There was also this false rush to get things started with the quantum time travel. Can they not wait for Thor to get into shape, or Captain Marvel to get back? They're trying to fix the whole universe, so it's not like she's too busy with other planets to help all of the planets at the same time.
And Spiderman: Far from Home, will inexplicably reveal that not only Parker was snapped, but his best friend, MJ, and the bully kid also did so they could tour Europe together. It's statistically possible, but very convenient nonetheless.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
Yeah time-travel is really difficult to do right. I don't even have a good example of it done anywhere correctly which has definitely hindered the movie. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
If you mean they had a TV show budget to create the fight scenes I feel you. Infinity War was more grandiose and Endgame had one fight scene comparable to Infinity War which was the ending fight. 
Yeah... that's what got to me. I liked the level of fight scenes vs. talking Infinity War had... that was perfect to me and actually why i liked Aquaman so much. The fight scene vs. talking ratio was similar. 

The rest of the stuff... i don't try to think about too much... like plot-holes of the time travel. Simply bc the biggest plot hole is that Thanos had all the stones... he was basically at god level. All he had to do was use the time stone to know what happened. So... i really don't think about that much bc it's hard to make a movie with these kinds of powers. You'd really have to focus on the powers then (explaining them, their limitations, their weaknesses, their loopholes, etc.) and not the talking/character development. It's something they needed to set up long time ago. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
The rest of the stuff... i don't try to think about too much... like plot-holes of the time travel. Simply bc the biggest plot hole is that Thanos had all the stones... he was basically at god level. All he had to do was use the time stone to know what happened. So... i really don't think about that much bc it's hard to make a movie with these kinds of powers. You'd really have to focus on the powers then (explaining them, their limitations, their weaknesses, their loopholes, etc.) and not the talking/character development. It's something they needed to set up long time ago. 
I mainly have a problem because of the replay value. I wasn't so impacted by time-travel but on several viewings you tend to realize things that you did not before. With this in mind the time-travel aspect will definitely be a problem eventually and was kind of an impact for brief moments when watching the movie. 

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I mainly have a problem because of the replay value. I wasn't so impacted by time-travel but on several viewings you tend to realize things that you did not before. With this in mind the time-travel aspect will definitely be a problem eventually and was kind of an impact for brief moments when watching the movie
Do you watch any of the DC verse series? the Flash / Legends of Tomorrow series covers a lot of time travel stuff and i think they do it pretty good. They got deep with it (multi-verse, timeline changes, branched realities, things they made up). I haven't fully payed attention to find plot-holes, but it isn't as easily noticeable as the time-travel plot-holes in movies.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
Do you watch any of the DC verse series?
Yes have a list of them that I like:
Mainly Batman because he is my favorite. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
the Flash / Legends of Tomorrow series covers a lot of time travel stuff and i think they do it pretty good. They got deep with it (multi-verse, timeline changes, branched realities, things they made up). I haven't fully payed attention to find plot-holes, but it isn't as easily noticeable as the time-travel plot-holes in movies.
Wouldn't know. Must be mixing things or getting things wrong so forgive me if I am wrong. 

From what I remember Flash created a new universe because of his choice to save his mother. That became the default. Batman never lived because Bruce and Martha died in Crime Alley not the two parents. When they worked together he went back in time and fixed what he did. Making the world like what it was. I think there was always one universe but it is changeable. Him being in the past I think created a distortion so if he didn't go back into the past and stop himself and I think joined back with himself the universe would have not existed. Don't know what the light was but must be what the black hole looks like up close. 

Still doesn't make sense because that Flash would still know what he did in the past so basically he is a distortion in reality for having those memories. Since I think anything out of place can cause whatever that light was I think that story doesn't make sense if my paragraph here is correct. If that is correct I don't think it is possible to do a time-travel movie correctly if it doesn't add new rules that make it different from reality rather than mimicking the world we are in. Also that part that Flash can run so fast that he can go back in time is BS. In reality I am sure that would I think change the direction Earth is taking. So if there is another rule like means time-travel worlds because of X rules then it is good but that would be different from reality and would have to mentioned in the movie which I don't think it was. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
From what I remember Flash created a new universe because of his choice to save his mother. 
From what i can remember, every time he goes into the past he creates a new timeline if he changes something big. But i don't remember that far back into the season to remember if they covered all grounds. I actually don't remember the flashpoint episodes at all to be honest. I'd have to rewatch them. As for the running back in time... i think that bc he goes into the speed force and goes back in time through that... but again, can't remember. I really never pay full attention to look for plot-holes. All i know is they are less noticeable in TV series to me bc they have more time to set them up i think.  

Edit: Btw... i was talking about the live-action TV series. They are all on Netflix which is where i watch them.