Endgame

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 42
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
From what i can remember, every time he goes into the past he creates a new timeline if he changes something big. But i don't remember that far back into the season to remember if they covered all grounds. I actually don't remember the flashpoint episodes at all to be honest. I'd have to rewatch them. As for the running back in time... i think that bc he goes into the speed force and goes back in time through that... but again, can't remember. I really never pay full attention to look for plot-holes. All i know is they are less noticeable in TV series to me bc they have more time to set them up i think.  
You are talking about the TV-series? I haven't even heard of it to even comment. Just a general point. A thing is still bad even if it is takes a long time to explain. So basically the TV-series can still be bad even if they stretch out the content and explanation. No amount of explanation will make 1+1=3.

Edit: Btw... i was talking about the live-action TV series. They are all on Netflix which is where i watch them. 
Forgot about the series part. I have watched many Animated series but not live-action because they are not really what I like. 
Examples of what I am talking about:

Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You are talking about the TV-series? I haven't even heard of it to even comment. Just a general point. A thing is still bad even if it is takes a long time to explain. So basically the TV-series can still be bad even if they stretch out the content and explanation. No amount of explanation will make 1+1=3.
I get what you mean, that's if they just do a sloppy power thing without thinking about it. But when you have more time to set it up... you can fully explain all the angles. Plus, even if you mess up... you can go back and just make up reasons for why it didn't happen the way everyone thought. You just have more time to be creative. For instance, if Avengers was a TV series... they can fix all the plot-holes people talked about in the next show (or few shows or even season). That's all i mean about having more time to explain these powers in detail. But if you like these types of shows... i'd suggest starting off with Arrow. It's actually pretty darn good. DC is doing really good on the TV series side in my opinion. Edit: This is the order (which matters bc they cross-over down the line) Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow. 

Forgot about the series part. I have watched many Animated series but not live-action because they are not really what I like. 
Examples of what I am talking about:
I'll check them out if they are on one of the streaming services i use. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
you can fully explain all the angles. Plus, even if you mess up... you can go back and just make up reasons for why it didn't happen the way everyone thought.
No but a rule that is inconsistent outside what is going on will still make what is going on bad. If lets say we were playing chess and I decided to break the rule of simply throwing all your chess pieces to the floor. Sure I won because you have no chess pieces left but I am not following the rule. That is my problem. A movie or tv series would have to clearly lay out what they can do in time-travel then be consistent. We saw with Endgame it was not possible and I doubt it is possible with a TV series. Sure it does have more time but I doubt it would be enough.
You just have more time to be creative. For instance, if Avengers was a TV series... they can fix all the plot-holes people talked about in the next show (or few shows or even season). That's all i mean about having more time to explain these powers in detail. But if you like these types of shows...
If the writer doesn't want you to take the movie seriously like a comedy I don't care but I doubt that is the case with the tv-series you are mentioning.
i'd suggest starting off with Arrow. It's actually pretty darn good.
I watched it and didn't like it. I could say more but I would have to watch it again to remember what I forgot.
DC is doing really good on the TV series side in my opinion. Edit: This is the order (which matters bc they cross-over down the line) Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow. 
The one I think I would watch from them would be Supergirl. Flash is too orientated to teens and I find teens obnoxious so yeah. I remember Arrow being bad. Legends of Tomorrow don't care. I pick Supergirl because I hardly know who she is. With Arrow I have the Justice league animated series and flash with the Justice League animated series and flashpoint animated movie. Don't know too much about supergirl which might be why I would watch it but I don't think there is anything I like from the CW so it would have to really good.  
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
If lets say we were playing chess 
To me that's a bad example, but i get what you mean. But with stuff that's in the realm of possibilities.. you can do a lot more than something with established rules. There are no established rules with time travel (really)... so these writers can make things up. If you watch the series, they do make things up like negative tacions and crap like that. What i see is that they are trying... which is good to me since i don't look for mess-ups. But it does peak my interest when i see they are trying to make sense of things... and, that is at least noticeable. But honestly, you don't have to watch these series to notice the trying... if you're into comics, or even those animated series... you likely notice what i'm talking about in regards to trying to make it fit. Since i'm sure they do it with those too. But since this is in the realm of "we have no clue what the true implications of time-travel is" i'm sure there are mistakes... that's why i don't look for them, unless they are just blatantly obvious. I'll have to watch the animated shows you are talking about to compare them with the shows. I'm kinda a good case study since all i'm looking for is blatant missteps. That's how i judge if someone is truly off. The more it makes me think, i like the direction it's going. I've noticed at least with these shows, they make me think. However, i'm no expert in science so they might be able to get a lot past me. I know surface level stuff, like when they talk about multi-verses, etc... but last nights episode i watched was funny. Flashes, someone (i won't give spoilers), that also was a speedster asked if she can punch the Higgs boson... i thought that was funny knowing what the Higgs is. Surface level stuff i understand... so it's just fun to be honest. I like what comics is doing with this stuff, since my beliefs, if you took anything away from our other conversations, is a hope that worlds like these are hopefully possible. 

I doubt that is the case with the tv-series you are mentioning.
Well, i think with series and comics, they do actually try. I think they do hope they can make you think more with these types of platforms. But with movies they have less wiggle room. But overall, i think they are just trying to be fun. Be fun in the the sense of layman having fun listening to the wild theories... and, from what i've noticed, series or trilogies (or more), try to at least cater to people that know what they're talking about. It always falls a little short bc these writers aren't experts... but i think they do try. Maybe they consult experts and write off what they feel afterwards. If i had to guess, that's how i think it goes down. Like, If someone taught me about string theory... a multi-verse type comic could follow but obviously flawed since i don't understand string theory like a scientists does. 

I watched it and didn't like it.
Oh.. as long as you gave it a chance that's all i can say. I like it. But that doesn't mean you should like it too so i respect that. Funny, in your last comment i think you said it's a teen thing... i guess i'm an annoying teen at heart, bc i love it. But then again, i love anything that is fantasy or sci-fy... so... it really has to be horrible for me to not like it. But i haven't found one that horrible yet...

Oh... I just remembered... i just watched Legion on Hulu... that was bad-ass and messed with my mind. Since Legion is suppose to be one of the most powerful mutants there is... i'm excited to see where that ends up, but i would recommend that show. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
There are no established rules with time travel (really)... so these writers can make things up. If you watch the series, they do make things up like negative tacions and crap like that. What i see is that they are trying... which is good to me since i don't look for mess-ups. But it does peak my interest when i see they are trying to make sense of things... and, that is at least noticeable. But honestly, you don't have to watch these series to notice the trying... if you're into comics, or even those animated series... you likely notice what i'm talking about in regards to trying to make it fit. 
That is not enough for me really. With having time-travel rules it doesn't make sense like with Loki escaping with the blue cube.
I like what comics is doing with this stuff, since my beliefs, if you took anything away from our other conversations, is a hope that worlds like these are hopefully possible. 
I am a pessimist so hope is not really my thing so I require something else.
Well, i think with series and comics, they do actually try.
Try doesn't always mean you are successful in what you are doing and this case they are not.
Funny, in your last comment i think you said it's a teen thing... i guess i'm an annoying teen at heart, bc i love it. But then again, i love anything that is fantasy or sci-fy... so... it really has to be horrible for me to not like it. But i haven't found one that horrible yet...
I said teens because when it near enough to its first season it was tailored to teens. I didn't really like the tropes so I didn't like the show.
Oh... I just remembered... i just watched Legion on Hulu... that was bad-ass and messed with my mind. Since Legion is suppose to be one of the most powerful mutants there is... i'm excited to see where that ends up, but i would recommend that show. 
Never heard of it. Doubt I would watch it. 

17 days later

Club
Debates: 26
Club
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Spoilers for Endgame
I haven't heard that a lot.
XD

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Club
Memes were great but I think the infinity war memes were better. Thanos car was my favorite. 
Club
Club
-->
@TheRealNihilist

You should've gone for the head was also pretty good
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Club
You should've gone for the head was also pretty good
No the Thanos screaming like a baby was better.
Club
Club
lol yeah
Gatorade
Debates: 12
Gatorade
I watched Endgame on a hacker site... lol.
gomovies.tube
let's go
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Gatorade
Same. It is not a "hacker site" more so piracy.

Just to make sure we are not going to jail we are both joking.