@oromagi
Nice job knowing that lol!
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
Indeed he is risen!

Alithos Anesti!

But come on, we both know it's pascha.

Interesting fact, Jewish passover occured the same week this year as Holy Week for us. I thought that was cool that it lined up so proper. After all, the events in Holy Week we remember took plsce during the Jewish passover!

Only day of the year I eat meat. I ate way too much. We cooked a lamb rotisserie style. It was done proper too, low slow, seasoned great. After the midnight service, the lamb was put on at around 3 am and a few camped out over night to watch it and keep it going. It was a lot of fun. 

I had a friend with me during Holy week up through Pascha. One day the priest was spraying us all with rose water. The next day the priest was throwing bay leaves at everyone. Then on Pascha when the priest was blessing the eggs, and my friend whispered in my ear, "He's not going to throw eggs at us is he?" 

I was laughing through the prayers, I must admit!

I was happy to inform my friend when they were reading the gospel in like 7 different languages that this is what real tongue speaking in the church looks like... not babbling in gibberish like some heterodox do. It was really a fun time. I really love Holy week and pascha. Sad it's over at least until next year.

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
, we both know it's pascha.
It is called pascha, but these American boys would not know lol.

Only day of the year I eat meat. I ate way too much. We cooked a lamb rotisserie style. It was done proper too, low slow, seasoned great. After the midnight service, the lamb was put on at around 3 am and a few camped out over night to watch it and keep it going. It was a lot of fun. 
OMG I love cooked lamb outside. I never had anything tastier than lamb on a spit. The Greeks LOVE THEIR LAMB!!!!!! My dad seasons it perfectly too. We always have left overs

I had a friend with me during Holy week up through Pascha. One day the priest was spraying us all with rose water. The next day the priest was throwing bay leaves at everyone. Then on Pascha when the priest was blessing the eggs, and my friend whispered in my ear, "He's not going to throw eggs at us is he?" 
HAHAHAHA the First Resurrection Services are so fun. Are priest would throw the leaves at people he knew and threw A LOT of them. He threw some at my dad too. My priest has a good sense of humor. I started rofl'ing with the egg jokes, but in all seriousness, my church somehow does a good job making hard boiled eggs

During resurrection service, my church blows up fireworks too! Somehow, the found cross shaped fireworks. Props to them

I assume you are Orthodox? So what type of Orthodoxy? I have many Orthodox friends(not just Greek). I know Ukranian Orthodox and my close friend is Serbian Orthodox.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Vader
I'm go to an Antiochan church. Our Bishop is Basil in Wichita. The church I go to was founded by Lebanese immigrants. It is a very ethnically diverse church though. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Mopac
Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Antioch and All the East, 
Ahh so you may have a little of that Elliniki in you then?
Or a bit of Turkish?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Vader
Of course, the scriptures are in Greek! Our priests are fluent, one of them taught it at one time. 

It's one of the oldest churches, you know. We first got the name Christian in Antioch. It also has the honor of being the church Peter headed before moving to Rome. 
Though, because Turkey is not really nice to Christians, the Patriarch is headquartered in Damascus at the moment... probably not much better of a situation at the time being, but eh... that seems to be the norm of our history. 

Vader
Vader
-->
@Mopac
Very true. Turkey and Greece have A LOT of beef.

There soccer matches get crazyyyyy
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
Who hates Turkey more, Armenia or Greece?

Vader
Vader
-->
@Alec
I will not let bias get in the way....ugh ugh ugh

I guess Armenia due to their horrid genocide

We hate those Turks too, god we can't stand them
Vader
Vader
-->
@Alec
Turkey has always been a problem to us Greeks, after we eat it for Thanskgiving, and then there forced slavery

ISTANBUL IS RIGHTFULLY GREEK
Alec
Alec
-->
@Vader
Why is it rightfully Greek?
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Mopac
Since when is speaking in a language other than your native one speaking in tongues? lol 

Vader
Vader
-->
@Alec
It was originally Constantinople and IS the capital of the Greek Orthodox. It was Greek owned until those damn Turks took it when we kicked their ass in our Independence day battle
Vader
Vader
Who reported my Greece comment

Seriously lol? Obviously a Turk
Alec
Alec
-->
@Vader
The city is owned by Turkey and populated by Turks.  If you retake the city, then Turkey would complain about it.  How would you plan on retaking it?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Alec
We are not getting into a debate about this.

It was owned by Greece, and it is rightfully Greek

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Alec
Pulling a crusade is not a very Orthodox thing to do.

Still kind of bummed out that one of the grandest and most beautiful churches ever built was turned into a mosque.... well, I guess it is a museum now or something. I wish it was still a church.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Mopac
Agreed. It literally has the Greekiest nane, AYIA SOFIA!! It is not Hagia Simsim sallahbin