Ilhan Omar

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 24
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist

Did you have a problem with what she said?

If you do in your comment do quote what you have a problem with in your comment.

Example:
"Some-people did something"

This shows blah blah blah blah.
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@TheRealNihilist
"Some-people did something"
Do I have a problem with it.....hmmm that's actually a difficult question.
She has a right to free speech which only needs to protect speech that you don't agree with or is objectionable etc etc.
I'm not surprised by her comment.  My understanding that her district was filled with refugees and therefore she was elected.  So naturally anything that could or would make her stacked voter base look bad must be down played.  Seems like a typical reaction most would make.
What happened is still a unique event.  So to minimize it is disingenuous and imo dishonest.  It doesn't matter much anyway as she will be re-elected and probably be in that roll for life. 
The Democratic party is no more, not in the sense of what it once was and the issues they championed.  They are being taken over at a fairly rapid rate and soon it will be complete.  This is why she received little to no backlash from within the party, none of any real consequence.
So in reality the objection is more than just the words but the effect it has/had on the party itself.

Imagine if you will the same words used for the Mosque murders, selective moral outrage and classic hypocrisy.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
 So to minimize it is disingenuous and imo dishonest.
Do you have anything other then your opinion on this?
The Democratic party is no more, not in the sense of what it once was and the issues they championed.  They are being taken over at a fairly rapid rate and soon it will be complete.  This is why she received little to no backlash from within the party, none of any real consequence.
So in reality the objection is more than just the words but the effect it has/had on the party itself.
This isn't about the Democratic party.
Imagine if you will the same words used for the Mosque murders, selective moral outrage and classic hypocrisy.
Do you have an example you can point too? 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Do you have anything other then your opinion on this?
of course not, you are asking for people's opinions, those are generally subjective words

This isn't about the Democratic party.
I disagree, given their lack of addressing behavior and their new platforms people like her are emboldened to make off hand comments like that rather than thinking before they speak.  This is a growing trend in politics, though I see it more often and controversial in the democratic party.  the nurses play cards was said by a republican woman, however that comment was not about terrorist or murdered people so....

Do you have an example you can point too?
example of what?  someone using the words "Some-people did something" when describing murdered muslims?  of course not who would say such a thing?  to minimize any sort of tragedy callously and knowingly I find offensive even though I support their right to say such things.  I also support the right of people who would speak out against them, protest whatever legal methods they wish to use.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I disagree, given their lack of addressing behavior and their new platforms people like her are emboldened to make off hand comments like that rather than thinking before they speak.  This is a growing trend in politics, though I see it more often and controversial in the democratic party.  the nurses play cards was said by a republican woman, however that comment was not about terrorist or murdered people so....
So you have a problem with the Democratic party not addressing what she said?
example of what?
Example of "selective moral outrage and classic hypocrisy." or were you just imagining with this comment "Imagine if you will the same words used for the Mosque murders, selective moral outrage and classic hypocrisy."

Do you have a problem with what she said? 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Lol, hi Omar. :)
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Greyparrot
Lol, hi Omar. :)
Hey different person. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheRealNihilist
It's just the 1st shot over the bow in the identity politics culture war as minority groups begin squabbling for pieces of the government power pie instead of uniting as Americans. The only winners are the people in Congress who remain in power by spreading hate instead of crafting solutions from a consensus with others who have a diversity of thought, and not being hyper-focused on skin color or genitalia, or anything other DNA related.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Greyparrot
It's just the 1st shot over the bow in the identity politics culture war as minority groups begin squabbling for pieces of the government power pie instead of uniting as Americans. The only winners are the people in Congress who can spread hate instead of solutions to remain in power.
Can you relate this back to the topic? 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheRealNihilist
No, I want Omar to destroy the DNC party. Every time she makes the headlines it's like reliving Trump all over again destroying the RINOS like McCain. Both parties need to be destroyed and reformed. This year it is the DNC's turn. Even Obama and Biden can't stop it.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Greyparrot
No, I want Omar to destroy the DNC party. Every time she makes the headlines it's like reliving Trump all over again destroying the RINOS like McCain. Both parties need to be destroyed and reformed. This year it is the DNC's turn. Even Obama and Biden can't stop it.
Can you address what she said like "some-people did something"?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I can't really add much more than what Dred Pirate said. She has minority constituents that have been indoctrinated to identify as skin-shade x/religion x and to not identify primarily as Americans.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Greyparrot
I can't really add much more than what Dred Pirate said. She has minority constituents that have been indoctrinated to identify as skin-shade x/religion x and to not identify primarily as Americans.
What way did she make the clear in the speech? 
Is it a bad thing to identify in a group?
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
I don't really care, and didn't watch the videos
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
I don't really care, and didn't watch the videos
Okay

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@TheRealNihilist
So you have a problem with the Democratic party not addressing what she said?
in the way they "addressed" it without any real conviction or seriousness, but again that's my opinion

Example of "selective moral outrage and classic hypocrisy." or were you just imagining with this comment "Imagine if you will the same words used for the Mosque murders, selective moral outrage and classic hypocrisy."
yes Imagine, imagination, hypothetical

Do you have a problem with what she said? 
I believe I have answered that already in post #2 is there something you'd like to elaborate on?  I dislike comments like that made about tragedies.  share your opinion as well, how do you feel about comments minimizing tragedies?  are you ok with what she said I mean personally, since this is all opinion anyway.    

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
in the way they "addressed" it without any real conviction or seriousness, but again that's my opinion
I was saying do you have a problem with the message or only about the DNC's response?
yes Imagine, imagination, hypothetical
Okay.
I believe I have answered that already in post #2 is there something you'd like to elaborate on?  I dislike comments like that made about tragedies.  share your opinion as well, how do you feel about comments minimizing tragedies?  are you ok with what she said I mean personally, since this is all opinion anyway.    
What did you dislike about the comments?
My stance is that is that she really reduced what occurred. I don't see a problem with a reduction because the speech was not about 9/11 more so showing that as an example for what she was talking about. If it was specifically about 9/11 or specific terror attacks that made lets say the US go to Afghanistan then it would require more detail. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I was saying do you have a problem with the message or only about the DNC's response?
it's both really, their response sends a message that it was ok

What did you dislike about the comments?
I felt it minimized and trivialized the tragedy hence the controversy and discussions because of, I feel the comment is disrespectful.

My stance is that is that she really reduced what occurred. I don't see a problem with a reduction because the speech was not about 9/11 more so showing that as an example for what she was talking about. If it was specifically about 9/11 or specific terror attacks that made lets say the US go to Afghanistan then it would require more detail. 

right, she reduced it to a trivial matter using generic terms which apply to many mundane events as well.  Do you think if a loved one was killed in that attack you might take issue with her comment?  Do you think we should care what the people left behind think and feel about or is it just their tough luck?  

one of the comments on the 2nd video "Some people did something in Sri Lanka..."

then in the video
as post was made "Ilhan Omar mentions 9/11 and does not consider it a terrorist attack on the USA by terrorist, instead she refers to it as "some people did something", then goes on to justify the establishment of a terrorist organization (CAIR) on US soil.

CAIR was not founded after 9/11
so has she clarified, explained or denied the context that her comment is being used in?  She may have but i haven't heard it.

do you think there could be any instance in any speech where someone used those words about slavery?

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
She is from Somalia
Snoopy
Snoopy
Article on CAIR
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
their response sends a message that it was ok
How did you get to this conclusion?
I felt it minimized and trivialized the tragedy hence the controversy and discussions because of, I feel the comment is disrespectful.
A reduction to an event is not trying to trivialised what occurred but a reduction does minimize the event. Do you consider reduction of 9/11 bad and how was what she was trivialising?
Do you think if a loved one was killed in that attack you might take issue with her comment?
No because what she said wasn't wrong but it did lack context. It is a syllogism. I do that in my debates and in comments.
Do you think we should care what the people left behind think and feel about or is it just their tough luck?  
A tragedy is a tragedy. We should do what we can in order for them to cope with losing someone. I don't think anything I said negated someone's feelings.
then goes on to justify the establishment of a terrorist organization (CAIR) on US soil.
Do you have the time in the video she said this?
do you think there could be any instance in any speech where someone used those words about slavery?
I don't understand the question. Make a hypothetical.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Where is the evidence in the link to say CAIR is a terrorist group? 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@TheRealNihilist
How did you get to this conclusion?
post #16 "in the way they "addressed" it without any real conviction or seriousness, but again that's my opinion"

A reduction to an event is not trying to trivialised what occurred but a reduction does minimize the event.
and you are entitled to your opinion

Do you consider reduction of 9/11 bad and how was what she was trivialising?
post #21 "I felt it minimized and trivialized the tragedy hence the controversy and discussions because of, I feel the comment is disrespectful."  it's akin to saying "shit happens"

because what she said wasn't wrong
afaik no one is arguing that statement wasn't factually correct so that isn't really the point in my mind.  

It is a syllogism. I do that in my debates and in comments.
yeah?  how do you do that with opinions and feelings?  because that's all this is and all you have asked for.  are you going to attempt to factually prove my feelings and opinions are wrong with deductive reasoning?

Do you have the time in the video she said this?
she didn't say it a post someone made said it about her to show why people view this as controversial.

I don't understand the question. Make a hypothetical.
I'll try
Illegal aliens are often hired for dangerous jobs or ones that pay below minimum wage which is some ways reflects back to a point before the civil war where "some people did some things"

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Snoopy
She is from Somalia

yes I know and a muslim