K-pop

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 49
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
i would say i have no reason not to suspect my belief's possibility. 
Okay. Don't know where to go from there.
 I feel sorry for your friends/family if you think some random person is more important to "you" than they are. That's just disappointing to me. 
It is not disappointing it is the truth. Elon is not some random person instead a person making innovation. Saying that he is a random person leaves out how much good he has done for many other people and since we should care about others it is only fair to put Elon above me whatever measurement of important that maybe.
so i'm pretty sure i understand what a best reality is a little more than you do since i realize the best of all realities would still not make me important to those i don't help. 
There is only one reality. You can be perceiving a variation of a reality because of your eyesight or the world view you associate to observe the world but there is still only one reality. I doubt you have a greater understanding when you don't even know that.
This doesn't make sense. As a drummer, if i thought this way... i would have not had as much fun as i did.
It does make sense. Which is why people don't jump off a cliff because there know their limit of bodily harm. If they didn't then there would be people jumping off a cliff if the bodies were not fragile when it comes to a collision.
1) Bc half my family is rich and i hear them and know their mind set even with wealth... and they're all doctors that save lives so i would say they are more important than Elon. 
It had a me in the question. I'll still address it. I doubt your family is worth as much as Elon and I don't know the a good measurement with saving lives what we would be comparing Elon to do. If you can think of a measurement with numbers and why you chose those numbers for both your family and Elon.
2) what does importance have anything to do with happiness? 
Doubt anything really.
I never indicated anything to the contrary. Unless your saying this applies when you are infinite... to which case, maybe you're right about you. Maybe you didn't have a goal when you came here... but, you'r not right about me. I have a strong grasp on what it would mean if i'm also infinite and finite rules of limitations wouldn't make sense in that state.
When you were saying infinite and finite you completely lost me. I will give the question again because I didn't understand what you said. Even with what I think occurred I doubt you addressed what I said. 
Tell me an instance where anyone has reached every single goal in their life. Life is all about concessions which you use to realise your place in life then you can think about enjoying yourself. You can enjoy yourself by not meeting your goals.

Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Okay. Don't know where to go from there.
I know you don't. You're also an insignificant human... don't let anyone define infinity for you. If i'm wrong, prove me wrong. You can't disprove my existence... and yeah, my imagination is a part of that existence. That's all i know exists... what i'm conscious of. What if everything erased when i died... how beautifully frightening is that... You're talking to a person that would have the biggest smile on his face if the zombie apocalypse happened right now. Like i give two f*s what anyone else believes. Until i'm proven wrong... i'll be human. You'll never know the full me unless i allow it. Everyone pretends to know. If i'm wrong... tell me how. (i should point out... i'm not only talking about myself here.)

Elon is not some random person instead a person
You think i don't know... his name will be legend. That's if... human's can live long enough to realize a person like Elon's vision. It's also people like him... that i believe what i do. Even if i'm wrong and die wrong, i know there are people out there trying to create what i would define as paradise. People like him are trying to create my belief. They are way more important than you or me... "they need to create it." Kid... i know his importance. 

There is only one reality.
"The real joke is your stubborn, bone deep conviction that somehow, somewhere, all of this makes sense! That's what cracks me up each time!" --- Joker.  

I doubt your family is worth as much as Elon
I'd destroy this bitch if he crossed eyes with what i would call family... are you kidding me..? 

When you were saying infinite and finite you completely lost me.
It's bc you're only thinking about the finite... That one's easy. It's infinite that's hard.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
You'll never know the full me unless i allow it. Everyone pretends to know. If i'm wrong... tell me how. 
Okay? 
They are way more important than you or me... "they need to create it." Kid... i know his importance. 
But you don't understand he is more important than me.
"The real joke is your stubborn, bone deep conviction that somehow, somewhere, all of this makes sense! That's what cracks me up each time!" --- Joker.  
Your quote doesn't disprove anything. Reality is reality. Whether you are blind, deaf or can't smell you would still be in the same reality. You would just perceiving reality in a different way. 
I'd destroy this bitch if he crossed eyes with what i would call family... are you kidding me..? 
Worth not a fight.
It's bc you're only thinking about the finite... That one's easy. It's infinite that's hard.
But most thing in the world is finite like our lifespans. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Okay?
When it comes to answering beliefs... everyone is pretending to know. I thought all that was pretty straight forward...

But you don't understand he is more important than me.
Now you're just playing dumb or what... i just said he is in general. But you're not understanding that isn't the only metric for importance i use. You're doing what a lot of people do... assuming. Your assuming you've said something where i'd give you higher importance than him... which you have not yet. I actually like Elon, and he is higher in importance. But all that's besides the point if you don't get how i would label you important too if you contribute to my experience. 

Reality is reality.
Never said anything to the contrary. I'm well aware of this. 

Worth not a fight.
You're just not getting it or your pretending not to. You are not someone i'd want on my zombie killing team right now.   

But most thing in the world is finite like our lifespans. 
I gave you scenarios and ideas to examine the implications of infinity. What you do with it is up to you.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
When it comes to answering beliefs... everyone is pretending to know. I thought all that was pretty straight forward... 
It wasn't straight forward. Beliefs can be based on anything so I don't talk about beliefs more so reasons you have for that belief. Reason is it is an area where I can have some way of having an argument whereas a belief is most of the time an emotional attachment. Since I don't know the person I wouldn't know how to gauge on that level and doubt they would be forthcoming with the emotional attachment and it is also a touchy subject which I think I am a bit of a sociopath when it comes to trying to push for answer when someone is emotional. 

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
It wasn't straight forward. Beliefs can be based on anything so I don't talk about beliefs more so reasons you have for that belief. Reason is it is an area where I can have some way of having an argument whereas a belief is most of the time an emotional attachment. Since I don't know the person I wouldn't know how to gauge on that level and doubt they would be forthcoming with the emotional attachment and it is also a touchy subject which I think I am a bit of a sociopath when it comes to trying to push for answer when someone is emotional. 
Spirituality is what i mostly think about (sociopath myself in that regard)... it's my favorite subject. Everyone, quite literally, everyone i've met i bring it up (if there's time to)... it's rarely been a touchy subject for me and always ends in a really interesting conversation. Not to toot my own horn, but maybe it's bc i'm being honest and know what i'm talking about. Also, if someone gets triggered... it's usually someone deluded that they're right... either atheist or spiritual. You don't want to talk with people like that anyways (at least in person)... Thankfully, i've noticed the majority of people i run into aren't too unreasonable if you are respectful.

"I laughed" at pushing people when they're triggered... i must say, i'm opposite but i love watching it as long as you're making sense.

I don't know who you're talking to man, or how you approach it... bc my experience has been people love talking about their beliefs. But if your goal is to change their belief to yours... whether it be spiritual or death is nothing at all... then you would be no different than a zealot. Maybe that's why you have a hard time getting answers... bc you have your own agenda. I've sorta noticed that from you... i've given you many scenarios but you'd rather play word games from a very narrow minded perspective. Things like "this is the only reality" "Why even talk about infinite when things are finite" Or  assuming it's all "emotional".. You're not trying to push for answers... you're trying to push your own belief. At least so far with me... don't know why you don't ask interesting questions. I've seen your ability to do so against others here. But anyways, if you push your agenda... an emotional person will naturally get defensive. So maybe that's why you encounter that when talking about it. 

Damn... i pulled a joker quote hehehe. I was pretty drunk on that one btw. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
But if your goal is to change their belief to yours
Make them see their reasons are bad therefore either admit their beliefs are irrational or change their belief.
i've given you many scenarios but you'd rather play word games from a very narrow minded perspective
Give me a scenario.
What do you mean by narrow minded?
Things like "this is the only reality" "Why even talk about infinite when things are finite" Or  assuming it's all "emotional"
Apart from the assuming it's all "emotional" part this is correct. It is like saying to a flat-earther the Earth is round but they would say you have a very narrow minded persepective. With things like "shadows" "Why even talk about Nascar when they are owned by goverment" or assuming my position is of "YouTube videos". You addressed my complaints instead basically pointed them out. If you had a problem and can actually think of a good response then do because then I consider you problem against me is irrational.
You're not trying to push for answers... you're trying to push your own belief.
What? I have a standard and if you can't beat my standard then the fault is on you. My standard is really fair and with your complaints it doesn't even hold up to make fair standard. All I want to be met in order for me to argue about it is a claim, evidence and explanation. If you can do that then we can discuss but you can't even do that. Evidence is helpful but not required. Explanation is required.
don't know why you don't ask interesting questions. I've seen your ability to do so against others here.
Do tell me when I had interesting questions for other people.
Interesting to you doesn't mean it was interesting to me. How do you know both instances were I gave questions were interesting to me?
But anyways, if you push your agenda... an emotional person will naturally get defensive. So maybe that's why you encounter that when talking about it. 
If my agenda is I want to know why you think that way and if it is based on rationale then I will argue. I get annoyed when someone decides to not acknowledge when they are wrong or doesn't even care about being reasonable. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
What do you mean by narrow minded?
I gave you an infinite case to examine. Instead of trying to understand what i mean when i say that, you resorted to why should i talk about it when things are finite. Narrow minded in that you're not even trying to get out of your own way of thinking. That gives me no challenge and gives you no new understanding. 

flat-earther the Earth
Even with a flat-earther you have to first understand why they believe what they do to its completion and then start tearing it down. It's irrational if you just assume they're wrong without hearing them out first... even if you're quite sure they're wrong. Plus, we aren't talking about flat-earthers, or religious people, or anyone else... you're talking to me. And i very much doubt you have ever heard of a spiritual platform like mine. Without exploring it, you aren't trying to understand it, and if you don't understand it... how are you being rational in critiquing it? You are essentially comparing me to a flat-earther... wtf? Another example of a narrow-mind if you think my position is even close to being correlative to a flat-earther. Jeezus. 

All I want to be met in order for me to argue about it is a claim, evidence and explanation.
I have all three which is why i suspect what i do with more favor than the alternatives. But you wouldn't know this bc you're not asking anything significant to have an understanding. 

Interesting to you doesn't mean it was interesting to me.
And why should that matter to me? I started to talk about the spiritual angle bc i noticed you said some interesting things to the religious people here. It was interesting to me, but that doesn't mean i thought you'd have anything interesting to say against my beliefs... just thought you'd have potential to. I've debated my belief for years now... so, i've heard probably everything from the opposition side and i'm still left with nothing. So, i know your position (if it's against) but i am not going to assume i know you. That's the difference bw us. I'm still willing to hear you out although i'm quite sure you can't scratch what i believe... but, i don't know since you're you. I won't assume that which is why i'm willing to spend my time on this. I'd ask for the same courtesy. 

If my agenda is I want to know why you think that way and if it is based on rationale then I will argue. I get annoyed when someone decides to not acknowledge when they are wrong or doesn't even care about being reasonable. 
Look... i will be the first one to tell you i'm wrong. I even know there are levels to my belief that we both just don't know. You can't disprove it, i can't prove it. However, i'm the type of person that can't believe what i do if it doesn't cover everyone. Therefore, as much as i don't want to define things within the platform, i've had to. But i've done this for awhile now... and i feel i've covered a lot of the inconsistencies thanks to people like you willing to challenge me... so that's what i can argue, i think i have it down. If you show me i'm inconsistent or something doesn't logically make sense... i will tell you you're right and that i have to rethink it... i've done that 100 times now. I'm not kidding when i say i like being proven wrong... i truly do like that feeling. It gives me something new to think about vs. being convinced i have it perfect right now... bc i shouldn't. But, i've been pushed by some pretty smart dudes throughout my debate site years. So i'm at least confident... but we can't even get started if you don't try to understand what i believe and why. In any case, this is all if you even have to desire to... this is my favorite subject, i don't expect it to be yours.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
why should i talk about it when things are finite. Narrow minded in that you're not even trying to get out of your own way of thinking. That gives me no challenge and gives you no new understanding. 
I am not here to talk about lies. If there was truth in it do tell in this you pretty much say in a different context I am not interested in talking about Flat Earth. You are basically position of a lie and expecting me to rebut.
Plus, we aren't talking about flat-earthers, or religious people, or anyone else... you're talking to me.
I made a comparison.
And i very much doubt you have ever heard of a spiritual platform like mine. Without exploring it, you aren't trying to understand it, and if you don't understand it... how are you being rational in critiquing it?
I have heard of spirituality and heard that it is based on emotion not rationale. If it is prove to me you had a spiritual experience or tell me a consistent result you do that will deliver a spiritual experience? This goes into a problem I had with EtrnlVw who refuses to provide a standard for spirituality or provide professionals who have cross-examined evidence in order to get answer. He even if I remember correctly refuses to even consider scientists able to talk about spirituality even though whatever has an abstract concept can be traced back to their material elements This can be the brain when the material component used for dreaming. If what I said wasn't clear spirituality is irrational.
But you wouldn't know this bc you're not asking anything significant to have an understanding. 
No you haven't. Where is the evidence for spirituality that you have given?
I started to talk about the spiritual angle bc i noticed you said some interesting things to the religious people here
Yes I talk to irrational people which is clearly shown with my conversations.
 I won't assume that which is why i'm willing to spend my time on this. I'd ask for the same courtesy. 
Okay then lets play a game which another person failed to even being. Give me a claim evidence and an explanation for spirituality. I would prefer it to be about the existence of it. 
In any case, this is all if you even have to desire to... this is my favorite subject, i don't expect it to be yours. 
Okay simply do what I said earlier then we can take it from there. 

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Where is the evidence for spirituality that you have given?
You haven't asked me....maybe that's why? I have had spiritual experiences all throughout my life, four of them being on a profound level meaning i can't come up with an easy logical explanation and disprove it at the same time... it could have happened or not. The experience is what matters. I'm not going to get into it unless you want to know, so ask. There's a lot of context and writing on my part... but i'm not going to get into it if your starting position is "flat earther" so he's dumb. It makes me think i'm talking to an irrational person and i'd rather not waist my time.  

Yes I talk to irrational people which is clearly shown with my conversations.
 What makes you rational? And why? 

Give me a claim evidence and an explanation for spirituality
The only evidence that exists is anecdotal. I can't just give you the evidence. If it was hard evidence... spirituality would be proven. And, if my belief is right and proven... everyone (just about) would kill themselves. You also wouldn't be you anymore... you'd be spiritual. Every character in the game would be affected by one belief... that's a nightmare. Therefore, if you want evidence... you have to listen to those that experienced it. But even that's hard bc humans are petty... the liars and greedy ones are many. But the truth is... out of all the spiritual experiences people have had through time... only one has to be true. If one truly happened in a metaphysical way... then that's proof. But, again... that's not proof or evidence to you unless you believe them. Your side fails to see that.

cross-examined evidence in order to get answer.
Humans are still monkeys man... are you kidding me? Hard evidence and proof through the scientific method is to figure out this reality. Firstly, why would you think that is a sufficient way to examine something beyond this reality? And secondly, do you truly think our monkey minds right now are even close to understand anything beyond this reality? How about, once science figures out our reality... maybe then we can talk about scientific evidence. My belief is about infinity... beyond this world. Science is actually impressing me, the many world hypothesis is a watered down version of my beliefs. But they ain't close man... 

Lastly, the scientific method is most accurate with repeatable phenomena. Spiritual experiences are not repeatable. At least in my case. I doubt anyone's is, and i tend to not believe people that say they can control experiences, but i don't know 7 billion people. So who knows. From my experiences, they just happen. I can't repeat them, however... i personally can predict them. Bc certain events in the past triggered experiences. Therefore, when these events happen again i should have another experience. However, i can't predict these future events bc they're also random. That's what i've noticed with experiences... they're random, therefore... the scientific method is not viable. Science however, in my opinion, will figure it out one day... just not now. We're still monkeys. But again who knows... maybe someone in the world knows the truth... again, if i'm right, they would rightly hide that truth from everyone. But i'm pretty sure we are monkeys and have no clue.

So the introductory to spirituality on this is... it's whatever you think it is. To me, god is in my mind, my truths are in my mind. Whether i die and become nothing, go to heaven, go to hell... it will be "Me" that has to deal with it. My spiritual belief is that my mind is infinite, and i'm in full control. Therefore whatever you believe is in your mind and has nothing to do with me. Until you can prove to me what happens after death, none of your beliefs apply to me. I am an infinite being having a finite experience with infinite other finite experiences to be had. It's very simple but also very complex.  
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
but i'm not going to get into it if your starting position is "flat earther" so he's dumb. It makes me think i'm talking to an irrational person and i'd rather not waist my time.  
I am the irrational one? I am taking the stance spirituality is based on personal experiences and if there was a shred of evidence scientists would be able to provide proof of its existence. You are the irrational one here. Valuing personal experience over facts. In the face of no evidence you are supposed to default to not believing in it but instead you take the position like theists that no evidence means there claim for there being a God is as valuable as a person says it doesn't and in most cases think they are not on the same level as a non-theist.
I don't believe in things without evidence. I ask for evidence and people like you and EtrnlVw have clearly shown you can't meet a low bar as in a claim evidence explanation for you point to be sustainable. 
The only evidence that exists is anecdotal. I can't just give you the evidence. If it was hard evidence... spirituality would be proven.
This is as close as I think you are going to concede that your position of spirituality is irrational. If not do prove me wrong. 
And, if my belief is right and proven... everyone (just about) would kill themselves. You also wouldn't be you anymore... you'd be spiritual. Every character in the game would be affected by one belief... that's a nightmare. Therefore, if you want evidence... you have to listen to those that experienced it. But even that's hard bc humans are petty... the liars and greedy ones are many. But the truth is... out of all the spiritual experiences people have had through time... only one has to be true. If one truly happened in a metaphysical way... then that's proof. But, again... that's not proof or evidence to you unless you believe them. Your side fails to see that. 
This is conjecture. Nothing helpful was added therefore I don't even need to rebut this until you tell me your position is or isn't irrational when it comes to spirituality. 
Humans are still monkeys man... are you kidding me? Hard evidence and proof through the scientific method is to figure out this reality. Firstly, why would you think that is a sufficient way to examine something beyond this reality? And secondly, do you truly think our monkey minds right now are even close to understand anything beyond this reality? How about, once science figures out our reality... maybe then we can talk about scientific evidence. My belief is about infinity... beyond this world. Science is actually impressing me, the many world hypothesis is a watered down version of my beliefs. But they ain't close man... 

Lastly, the scientific method is most accurate with repeatable phenomena. Spiritual experiences are not repeatable. At least in my case. I doubt anyone's is, and i tend to not believe people that say they can control experiences, but i don't know 7 billion people. So who knows. From my experiences, they just happen. I can't repeat them, however... i personally can predict them. Bc certain events in the past triggered experiences. Therefore, when these events happen again i should have another experience. However, i can't predict these future events bc they're also random. That's what i've noticed with experiences... they're random, therefore... the scientific method is not viable. Science however, in my opinion, will figure it out one day... just not now. We're still monkeys. But again who knows... maybe someone in the world knows the truth... again, if i'm right, they would rightly hide that truth from everyone. But i'm pretty sure we are monkeys and have no clue.

So the introductory to spirituality on this is... it's whatever you think it is. To me, god is in my mind, my truths are in my mind. Whether i die and become nothing, go to heaven, go to hell... it will be "Me" that has to deal with it. My spiritual belief is that my mind is infinite, and i'm in full control. Therefore whatever you believe is in your mind and has nothing to do with me. Until you can prove to me what happens after death, none of your beliefs apply to me. I am an infinite being having a finite experience with infinite other finite experiences to be had. It's very simple but also very complex.  
None of this helps your position so I will not even rebut it. My core claim is that you are irrational when it comes to spirituality. Tell me how I am wrong. I don't need a story that doesn't help me understand that. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
In the face of no evidence you are supposed to default to not believing
I have evidence. You keep saying no evidence. "You" don't have evidence. "Scientists" don't know how to find spiritual evidence through the scientific method. Therefore, i don't have a scientific way of providing evidence... but, if i have experienced object manipulation, strong premonitions, etc. all of them consistent and that have repeated throughout my life... then i have evidence. You're the one being irrational assuming you know 7 billion people plus, plus... don't have any evidence. How do you know? It's the height of arrogance for you to think our present day methods and knowledge is far enough to provide "you" proof (hard evidence). If you can't get beyond this fact... you are both irrational and narrow-minded. There's nothing else i can do... you are what you are. Continues proving me right about the movie angle, i don't care how far you can push yourself beyond that. 

Can you not answer this? Everything else i wrote you are throwing out the window... when i have used my experiences, observations and attained knowledge to come up with rational explanations... you throw them out the window (on top of all the other frivolous talking points). What makes you rational? Do you even know?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
I have evidence. You keep saying no evidence.
So why aren't you showing this breakthrough to scientists?
"Scientists" don't know how to find spiritual evidence through the scientific method. 
False. Science is used to observe the material world. Everything from immaterial like abstracts and dreams can be traced to a material element like the brain. To say scientists cannot find a common link between spiritual experiences is a way you are dodging actually trying to understand that there is no evidence for such a thing. 
Therefore, i don't have a scientific way of providing evidence... but, if i have experienced object manipulation, strong premonitions, etc. all of them consistent and that have repeated throughout my life... then i have evidence.
Your evidence is a joke compared to standards that science has. It is like me saying I have a consistently get my answers listened to by God. You and the theist would be like I have evidence even though both of you use personal experience as a form of evidence which it isn't. That is subjective. In order for it to be objective it needs to go through a standard which is deemed reliable AKA science. You throw science out because that goes against spirituality and if spirituality did exist science would find a link to it with what is observable in the material realm. It isn't the case.
You're the one being irrational assuming you know 7 billion people plus, plus... don't have any evidence. How do you know? It's the height of arrogance for you to think our present day methods and knowledge is far enough to provide "you" proof (hard evidence).
Do tell me what you meant here. I didn't understand.
If you can't get beyond this fact... you are both irrational and narrow-minded. There's nothing else i can do... you are what you are. Continues proving me right about the movie angle, i don't care how far you can push yourself beyond that. 
The person with an irrational belief calls the other person irrational. Isn't it hypocritical coming from you? 

I like how you dodged the core of my response here. Really does go to show you are not here to actually help me understand how you got to that positions you are here to confirm your biases. I asked you for a simple standard claim, evidence and explanation and you can't even manage that. Any chance you are actually willing to be rational instead of being irrational and narrow-minded? You are being a hypocrite for using those two words against me. 
Can you not answer this? Everything else i wrote you are throwing out the window... when i have used my experiences, observations and attained knowledge to come up with rational explanations... you throw them out the window (on top of all the other frivolous talking points). What makes you rational? Do you even know?
I have a standard which I use for my beliefs. A claim supported by evidence with an explanation. If that is not met then whatever the person said can be considered irrational. There are some exceptions but those are few and far between. One example would be the impact of automation. Spirituality does not fall into that category.

You have made clear that you are not here to have a rational conversation. If you are rational you would be able to prove the existence of spirituality. As in the claim is spirituality exists. This is supported by X. This means X. Can you do that or am I being to rational?

Don't act like I was the one who started this kind of mood. You were being a hypocrite when using the very labels you associate with by projecting it on me (irrational and narrow-minded). 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Are you not listening? 

To say scientists cannot find a common link between spiritual experiences
"Science however, in my opinion, will figure it out one day"

Are you not listening? 

science would find a link to it with what is observable in the material realm.
Are you not listening? 

evidence and explanation and you can't even manage that
"Evidence is currently anecdotal"

Are you not listening? The explanation part i currently don't have a desire to get into with you. 

projecting
Lol. 

I have a standard which I use for my beliefs. A claim supported by evidence with an explanation.
Here let me tone it down a bit... your position isn't irrational. Your assumption that you know something is false beyond your own expertise, beyond any of our expertise, is irrational. You're assumption that i can provide you proof is irrational. Your standard that you need proof or i'm false, is irrational. This conversation, again not listening on your part, isn't about proof. It's about rationalizing far out future, beyond this reality, possibilities from what we currently know. It is not irrational to suspect a metaphysical truth. You can both be rational in figuring out this world, and until this world proves one or the other right, it's also rational in figuring out realities beyond ours. It is however not rational to say you know something is true or false without having proof. I disagree with anyone under the spiritual banner that says they have figured out the truth unless they can prove it.  

If you are rational you would be able to prove the existence of spirituality.
Disprove spirituality for me please. 

Don't act like I was the one who started this kind of mood
I am actually quite comfortably having this conversation... however, i am starting to suspect it won't get very far. I don't like where i have to start "Defining every little nuance that i say" ... and you may not agree with my definitions. You may not have noticed, but i've been asking you questions throughout this. I always do so indirectly bc i want to know you first. I've found it moot to have this conversation with someone that can't/doesn't want to imagine possibilities. Plus, other things like definitions and so on... it gets tiresome to be honest. When i told you i would kill for my family bc that is how important they are... you replied with nothing really. So obviously your way of looking at things is different than mine. I can't say you're wrong in who you give importance to, other than i disagree. Same thing here, i can't tell you to drop your standard bc that's not what i'm talking about... if that is the standard you want to take... it's currently the best we have. But, just like the importance thing, our current standard is subject to evolve giving it more than just one meaning to me, so again, i just disagree with you. If you look at importance as a numbers game, i don't agree. If you look at our present knowledge being sufficient enough to prove or disprove spirituality, i don't agree. If you look at both from your pov, they're rational bc it's your experience. It gets irrational when you assume i look at it the same as you do and somehow i'm proven wrong bc i can't prove that to you. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
Are you not listening?
Yes I am and my question still stands. So why aren't you showing this breakthrough to scientists?
"Science however, in my opinion, will figure it out one day"

Are you not listening? 
Okay then so why do you believe in it now. A theist can say science will one day prove the existence of God. Doesn't mean it will happen. Shouldn't you wait until you have actual proof for your positions for it to not be irrational?
Are you not listening? 
Yes I am. It is difficult to gauge with what you are saying when you have so much BS inside of it and lacklustre arguments defending your position. Another word for your arguments would be irrational. I am not believing in something I have no proof over.
"Evidence is currently anecdotal" 

Are you not listening? The explanation part i currently don't have a desire to get into with you. 
Anecdotal is not accepted anywhere. For it to be considered evidence it would require more than just a survey.
Lol. 
Am I the irrational one who thinks believing in something before it is proven is rational? No so are you laughing at your failures as a person to me?
This conversation, again not listening on your part, isn't about proof.
Lol.
It's about rationalizing far out future, beyond this reality, possibilities from what we currently know.
How many times do I need to say this? There is one reality not 2 and for you to make that claim would require evidence if you don't want to be irrational. I think you want to be with the last quote I laughed at.
It is not irrational to suspect a metaphysical truth
It is irrational to not have evidence because it is reasonable to do so. You are basically begging the question by saying It is irrational to suspect God as a metaphysical truth which it is. Replace God with spirituality.
I disagree with anyone under the spiritual banner that says they have figured out the truth unless they can prove it. 
Anecdotal evidence is not evidence apart from your feelings. It is not the existence of spirituality nor it can be trusted for such an extraordinary. With this in mind this is hypocritical coming from you.
Disprove spirituality for me please. 
I don't need to since your burden of proof has not been fulfilled. I am not sharing it.
i don't agree. If you look at both from your pov, they're rational bc it's your experience.
Not everyone is rational and for you to say this is a testament to what you incompetent at.
It gets irrational when you assume i look at it the same as you do and somehow i'm proven wrong bc i can't prove that to you. 
You should be looking it at from the same point of view. My basis works and yours doesn't because you can't even defend spirituality with a substantial point. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I've answered this a 100 times now. 

Shouldn't you wait until you have actual proof for your positions for it to not be irrational?
Irrational means lack of reasoning and logic... you don't need proof to reason. Like i said, it's irrational to say something is proven without proof, but it is not if you are merely looking for the best platform. You actually have to try and be hyper rational to look at spirituality in that way. 

I am not believing in something I have no proof over.
Trust me... i know. I just find that to be narrow-minded. These words aren't offensive, and don't mean you're wrong either... it just means, in my eyes, you're the guy thousand years ago saying the earth is flat bc they couldn't prove you wrong. You could be right, but you could be very wrong. That's why my standard towards things isn't proof... it's reasoning and logic. I'd rather let proof catch up than make that my standard. 

Anecdotal is not accepted anywhere. For it to be considered evidence it would require more than just a survey.
What and what??? Do you know how many people i've found guilty in the law firm i work for off anecdotal evidence? Do you know how many people are in jail / prison bc of anecdotal evidence. There are different types of evidence... you're aware of that right? Anecdotal evidence is only not accepted by scientists bc there is no way to test it... that's it. It's our scientific limitations currently. 

No so are you laughing at your failures as a person to me?
No... i'm laughing bc i'm basically a psych minor in regards to how many classes i've taken on human behaviors. And criminal minds and interrogation is my guilty pleasure so i'm pretty well versed in psychology. I wouldn't say i'm the one projecting here... but, that's just me. 

There is one reality not 2 and for you to make that claim would require evidence if you don't want to be irrational.
There is enough evidence to suspect there is more than one reality (IMO - and many others)... you should really define your words bc i don't know how you are defining evidence nor rationality. It feels like to me you're straying from the common use definitions. Metaphysically there is, even scientifically there is: i.e. implications of things such as multi-verse, many world hypothesis, etc. 

Anecdotal evidence is not evidence apart from your feelings.
How do you know what it is when you've never experienced it nor know my experiences? You're not the type of person i like talking about this with... you're too sure in your echo chamber. Plus, you replied this comment on something i said spiritual people need proof... do you even understand the differences in evidence... Maybe i should wait until you learn a little more. I don't feel like being a teacher. 

I am not sharing it.
Haha i'm done... you're pretending like you can prove spirituality wrong. The height of arrogance. What do you have to share? You have nothing if the standard is proof. I already admitted that i don't 100 times... i'm getting sick of repeating myself. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Outplayz
Irrational means lack of reasoning and logic... you don't need proof to reason. Like i said, it's irrational to say something is proven without proof, but it is not if you are merely looking for the best platform. You actually have to try and be hyper rational to look at spirituality in that way. 
For something to be reasonable it requires evidence. There isn't a single case where something can be reasonable but be void of evidence. Not a single case.
Trust me... i know. I just find that to be narrow-minded.
It is not narrow-minded. It is called having a standard. I don't want to gullible to bad ideas and this prevents me from that while also knowing what makes a good argument on top of just having a claim evidence and explanation.
These words aren't offensive, and don't mean you're wrong either... it just means, in my eyes, you're the guy thousand years ago saying the earth is flat bc they couldn't prove you wrong.
Different case. Religion was prevalent and that took priority over having a reasonable position. With that in mind you can't compare me to Religious people who weren't reasonable.
That's why my standard towards things isn't proof... it's reasoning and logic. I'd rather let proof catch up than make that my standard. 
This is what a theist would say when they realise their God can't be proven true. Basically they pretty much say theists have already have the answer and science needs to catch up and some of them are in such denial that they actually think science has proven the existence of a God.
Do you know how many people i've found guilty in the law firm i work for off anecdotal evidence?
"off anecdotal evidence". That doesn't mean it was the reason the person was guilty it was the basis like a claim. Actual evidence was required like fingerprints, blood etcetera.
There are different types of evidence... you're aware of that right? Anecdotal evidence is only not accepted by scientists bc there is no way to test it... that's it. It's our scientific limitations currently. 
You don't understand anecdotal evidence is not considered evidence which is why reasonable people scoff at personal testimony as something tangible to God.
I wouldn't say i'm the one projecting here... but, that's just me.  
You don't even understand how to make a substantial argument so it is you who is projecting that I have a supposed lack of understanding even though I know how to make an actual argument.
There is enough evidence to suspect there is more than one reality
Go on then. Provide evidence.
How do you know what it is when you've never experienced it nor know my experiences?
Anecdotal evidence is subject to your feelings and you are in denial if you think otherwise.
You're not the type of person i like talking about this with... you're too sure in your echo chamber. Plus, you replied this comment on something i said spiritual people need proof... do you even understand the differences in evidence... Maybe i should wait until you learn a little more. I don't feel like being a teacher. 
You really triggered. I don't need help from a person who knows less about how to make a substantial argument. You can go around believing irrational things with your lived experiences but in that mind you have lost what it takes to make a substantial argument or maybe you never knew. You sure you don't need a teacher? I would help but you believe in spirituality that has yet to be proven so I doubt I could help you.
Haha i'm done... you're pretending like you can prove spirituality wrong. The height of arrogance. What do you have to share? You have nothing if the standard is proof. I already admitted that i don't 100 times... i'm getting sick of repeating myself. 
Guess you don't even understand the burden of proof. The burden was on you to prove spirituality but still you have not. That is a failure of yours. Being older than me but losing or never having a standard which makes sure you don't based your life on irrationality. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheRealNihilist
substantial argument
You still don't get it... and it's the main reason why i'm in forums and not formally debating. This isn't a debate. There is no one side is right one side is wrong. You can only discuss possibilities and use the reason and logic we have to count the less logical out... but, some of them... you just have to say, who knows. You can use reasoning to say the Abrahamic religions are not a good possibility, you can use reasoning to say Valhalla is not a good possibility, but you can't use our present day knowledge to say nothing happens after death.  I never took philosophy to get into complex arguments with you... My simple argument is we don't know enough to say what happens after death. That's my argument if you're looking for one. An argument i'm quite sure i've repeated a couple times now.   

For something to be reasonable it requires evidence.
I also told you there is evidence to "suspect" there "could be" a reality beyond ours. The fact we can create a virtual reality, and likely in the future make that into another reality, indicates its possibility. But my main thing is testimonial evidence. Again i'll say, if only one testimony of someone having a spiritual experience happened in a spiritual way that would be proof. I personally doubt the millions of experiences people have reported isn't "at least enough" to "suspect" there "could be" a spiritual level to all this. This is even if i don't count my own experiences. Beyond that i have to go research again which i don't feel like doing but there are plenty of scientific hypothesis and metaphysical hypothesis out there. *I hope highlighting words helps bc you keep reading over them.   

You really triggered. 
You're being a child. If this conversation was about the logic of arguments and philosophy... i would gladly concede i am not well versed enough and yes... i would ask for advice if i saw you know more. But i don't have to remember what ad hominem fallacy is to make the points i'm making. 

Anecdotal evidence is subject to your feelings 
I misread that the first time... i thought you said something else. Of course it's subject to feelings. 

"off anecdotal evidence". That doesn't mean it was the reason the person was guilty it was the basis like a claim. Actual evidence was required like fingerprints, blood etcetera.
That is not true. There are ways to verify testimonial evidence... and there are plenty of cases that's all that's needed. It's tougher in criminal law bc the threshold is higher, but it happens. Say your roommate see's you get murdered but they can't find any other evidence from the perp... do you think the guy gets away with murder just bc they couldn't find any other evidence? It all comes down to if the person is "believed" .. if so, it's enough evidence. 

Basically they pretty much say theists have already have the answer and science needs to catch up and some of them are in such denial that they actually think science has proven the existence of a God.
Why do you keep bringing theists and god into this... i don't believe in either. I don't believe any religion. I don't believe anyone knows what is beyond this reality, if anything. My belief only has to do with myself (and my arguments for why that's the case stands)... And, to further define my words since i am not using the common definition, when i say belief i mean i suspect more than not in the context of saying anything beyond this reality/after death. However, my standard remains the same. I do not think "proof" is necessary to have a hypothesis... if that was the case, we'd be stuck in the past. Examining and brainstorming possibilities from current knowledge is what pushes us forward. Not thinking about it bc it lacks proof is short-sighted but also necessary for certain people to have.   

The burden was on you to prove spirituality but still you have not.
You're quite the broken record. Here is my argument for "spirituality." Something happens when you die. You really don't listen, assume way too much (but that's understandable), have reading comprehension problems, or maybe it's my fault. Since i'm increasingly getting tired of this, site in general not this conversation, i'll spell it out: I don't have proof of an afterlife, i don't have proof of multi-realities, my belief (suspect more than not) only currently applies to myself, the world is like a movie... well... that one i can prove since movies are made off the world, my religion is people (not something i need to prove), we don't have proof what happens after death (no one's come back to tell about it - but those that 'say' they have may throw a wrench a little but it's not brain death)... furthermore on that one, we don't know enough about consciousness (or this reality) to say it ends with brain death... the counter claims to that are too easily addressed like the radio wave argument and other hypos, we don't know enough to say there are no other realities (what is beyond our universe - what is before the big bang - we don't know), there is enough evidence to suspect spirituality (i define, which you should have asked ages ago but it's my fault, spirituality as something beyond this reality / death)... Also, this evidence can be proven wrong in time, but it hasn't been yet which is why i continually use the word suspect... What else did i say... umm, can't remember, so there it all is for the millionth time but i hope you can follow it if it's in one place. If i said anything counter to these assertions, or said i have proof of something which you keep assuming or making up, bring it up and i'll gladly concede. Oh in regards to rational and irrational... i've defined my position enough. I'm not going to be the one continually asserting i'm rational or not... which then would be projecting.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Outplayz
Haha i'm done... you're pretending like you can prove spirituality wrong.
Spiritual-2 = physical/energy ex the young colt running in pasture klcking its heels high is said to very spirited.

Male stud horses are said to be very spirited, at least until their neutered and become a gelding.

Spirituality can relate to spirit-2, spirit-1 and more indirectly to spirit-3 { gravity ( ) } and spirit-4 { dark energy )( }.

Some people are just very narrow minded or short-sighted and have difficulty stepping outside of the box of knowns.

In fact we all have that difficulty. Some look forward to the unknown and consider it a new experience to go someplace they are not familiar with. To lose the old spirit and grow a new on via the new experience is exciting { spirited }.

My numerical explorations that led to the numerical sine-wave prime number order and then the following inverting from outer geodesic surface to inside the tube and outverting back to the surface were two  great highs for me, and subequently led me on a path that has so depth of exploration to learn what is possible if not feasible.

Motivatiion is the spirit moving us in, out and around. The only three cosmic directions.