No Shame at Fox

Author: Stronn

Total: 64
Stronn
Debates: 0
Stronn
Today was a perfect example of how Fox has become nothing more than Trump cheerleaders.

In two bombshell stories, Trump's former campaign manager, Paul Manafort, was found guilty of 8 charges, and Trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen, pled guilty in federal court to eight counts, implicating Trump in the process.

So what is the top story on the Fox News website? A story about a murder suspect being an illegal immigrant. Classic.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Stronn
So what has been the top story on the MSNBC & CNN News website for the past 365 days? Trump. Classic.
Castin
Castin
They never air anything unflattering of Trump. On the other hand, CNN never airs anything flattering of Trump. Is that just because Trump never does or says anything flattering? I have my doubts. I'm against him, but I have my doubts.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Castin
Both stories are on the front page of the website at both Fox and Cnn. I don't think CNN should be shamed for putting a political hack story before the life of some privileged white girl.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Greyparrot
CNN is seriously being criticized for not following that murder case?
ethang5
ethang5
The point is, is Trump guilty now at Cohen's charge or innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

MSNBC and CNN say he is guilty. Fox says it has not been proven in court. Which news station is correct according to US law?

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Stronn
Today was a perfect example of how Fox has become nothing more than Trump cheerleaders.

In two bombshell stories, Trump's former campaign manager, Paul Manafort, was found guilty of 8 charges, and Trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen, pled guilty in federal court to eight counts, implicating Trump in the process.

So what is the top story on the Fox News website? A story about a murder suspect being an illegal immigrant. Classic.
So you don't think the murder of a young woman should be prioritized over some tax cheats and yet to be proven true accusation?  You have a warped sense of priority. 
I noticed no link or screen shot of your claim. 

Was the top story on Fox actually about the murder suspect being a criminal alien? 

Or was it that they think they found the body of the missing murdered girl and that a criminal alien lead them to the body?  Because that is what I saw

are you trying to get a job at CNN?
spacetime
Debates: 3
spacetime
FOX is no more biased in Trump's favor than CNN, NYT, etc. are in the Democrats' favor.
Stronn
Stronn
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
No, I don't think the murder of a college student is a more important news story than the lawyer for the most powerful man in the world pleading guilty to crimes and implicating the President in those crimes.

I noticed no link or screen shot of your claim.  

Was the top story on Fox actually about the murder suspect being a criminal alien?  

Or was it that they think they found the body of the missing murdered girl and that a criminal alien lead them to the body?
I assumed people could go to Fox News and see for themselves. But here is the story. And yes, the headline is about the suspect being an alien, not about him being captured or leading them to the body. The headline is "Mollie Tibbetts murder suspect Cristhian Rivera originally from Mexico, living in US illegally."

Stronn
Stronn
-->
@spacetime
Maybe not, but then neither CNN nor NYT crow endlessly about how they are "fair and balanced."
Stronn
Stronn
-->
@ethang5
Do you think Fox pundits would spend their time hammering home that nothing has been proven in court if was Obama rather than Trump? We both know the answer to that. And that is the point.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Stronn
No, I don't think the murder of a college student is a more important news story than the lawyer for the most powerful man in the world pleading guilty to crimes and implicating the President in those crimes.

huh guess that's we would strongly disagree, someone's life or murder > some accusations and arrests for non violent crimes.

I assumed people could go to Fox News and see for themselves. But here is the story. And yes, the headline is about the suspect being an alien, not about him being captured or leading them to the body. The headline is "Mollie Tibbetts murder suspect Cristhian Rivera originally from Mexico, living in US illegally."

did you read the article or just read the headlines? It's obviously about her murder and the confessed killer who is a criminal alien.  Your disapproval is grossly misplaced, you may have a touch of syndrome.

spacetime
Debates: 3
spacetime
-->
@Stronn
Maybe not, but then neither CNN nor NYT crow endlessly about how they are "fair and balanced."

Wtf? Yeah, they are... they construe any suggestion that they might be biased as an "attack on the free press."
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
here ya go
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@ethang5
MSNBC and CNN say he is guilty. Fox says it has not been proven in court.
Screen caps/video or it didn't happen.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
here ya go

That's just...deplorable!
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
priorities, infotainment is all about what they think will get the most viewers,  murdered girl < TDS
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
priorities, infotainment is all about what they think will get the most viewers,  murdered girl < TDS
That's completely untrue.

This girl would have been on page one for a month if the murderer was a racist white male, regardless of the progress/lack of progress with the Mueller Russian spy probe. Maybe even longer if the murdered girl was born with less melanin.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
We need illegals to do the farm work citizens won't do....... but I digress
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
what happened to Sven :(
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
By "farm work" you of course mean dumping white female corpses into cornfields...

Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
At the gym near my college today I sat down and ate a sandwich, and right there was a TV playing Fox News. The woman on there appeared to be ripping into Trump over Cohen. And at the time of writing on the Fox News website the thing most prominently displayed presently is about Manafort. So the idea that they're flat out ignoring or trying to downplay the story is preposterous.
A lot of people try to downplay Left-Wing media bias by pointing to Fox as a kind of "whataboutism". But in practice they're not nearly as bats**t crazy as a lot of people try to make them out to be.
Stronn
Stronn
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
huh guess that's we would strongly disagree, someone's life or murder > some accusations and arrests for non violent crimes.
Yes, we disagree. Ask yourself this: which story is more likely to make it into a history book? From the standpoint of newsworthiness, there is simply no comparison between a single murder and the Manafort or Cohen stories. Last year there were around 17,000 murders in the U.S. How many made front page headlines?

did you read the article or just read the headlines? It's obviously about her murder and the confessed killer who is a criminal alien.  Your disapproval is grossly misplaced, you may have a touch of syndrome.
The content of the story is beside the point. The headline was designed to prominently point out that the suspect is an illegal alien from Mexico, and was made the top story on a day when there were two far more newsworthy stories.
Stronn
Stronn
-->
@Swagnarok

At the gym near my college today I sat down and ate a sandwich, and right there was a TV playing Fox News. The woman on there appeared to be ripping into Trump over Cohen. And at the time of writing on the Fox News website the thing most prominently displayed presently is about Manafort. So the idea that they're flat out ignoring or trying to downplay the story is preposterous.
Yes, their top story is about Manafort.

Their second headline story? "Krumholz: Trump-hating Dems who pursue impeachment will be punished."

Mister_Man
Mister_Man
-->
@Stronn
Yeah, Fox is biased in a right-leaning way, the sky is blue, CNN, NYT, WSJ, AJ, WP etc. are biased in a left-leaning way. What's your point?

Also, I'd think an illegal alien that kidnapped and murdered an innocent girl is more important than a couple guys getting charged with tax fraud etc. I'm more concerned with people in the country illegally that are murdering innocent people than someone avoiding paying taxes to the government that YOU FUCKIN PEOPLE HATE ANYWAY.

Fox is biased, MSN, NBC, CNN etc is biased. This isn't a new ground breaking discovery.
vagabond
vagabond
-->
@Mister_Man
No concern about people in the country, legally, murdering innocent women? I think your concerns are misplaced.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@vagabond
No concern about people in the country, legally, murdering innocent women? I think your concerns are misplaced.
If the left can confiscate guns to save one child...then the right can confiscate illegal aliens for the exact same purpose.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stronn
Do you think Fox pundits would spend their time hammering home that nothing has been proven in court if was Obama rather than Trump? We both know the answer to that. And that is the point.
Lol. So the point is not what actually happened, but what you think would have happened in some hypothetical scenario?

Do you proof-think your posts?

What is it about Trump that makes his haters abandon logic?

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Stronn
so if we are strictly talking about which story would gain more audience for each network, they "played to their base" game I can agree why they focused on the trials instead of the murder.
though I don't question their choices since the numbers speak for themselves.

Top 10 for July 2018 – Prime Time
  1. Fox News (2,406,000)
  2. MSNBC (1,663,000)           10. CNN (891,000)