More Guns Thread

Author: Snoopy

Total: 111
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
What am i looking for? Although... resin knives was pretty cool. Haven't seen that before. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Outplayz
In a response to making guns, weapons in the comfort of your own home 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
In a response to making guns, weapons in the comfort of your own home 
I'll look up videos. I'll be honest, i've never searched that topic... but i get what you mean that people are blind to the future. We keep evolving. People forget that. This is why i'm so impressed with the MBTI test. Once you understand it's not a personality test... it's an indicator. You'll see why the world is what it is. The majority of people are "S" types... which means they are mainly only present in the moment. The "N" types that think into the future are more rare. It's crazy to me how accurate it is once you get the psychology of it. 

If you've never done it, i'd be curious to know what you get if you're willing to take the test: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

I've studied it for awhile now and understanding this really opens your eyes to why people are how they are. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Outplayz

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Outplayz
They're wrong if they think children should carry. I'd go as far as making the carry age 25 yo when we know the frontal cortex has developed... and other restrictions like not giving carry to drug addicts or even recovered drug addicts bc they may be impulsive. We can make a good law out of it. I'm not saying throw all logic out the window and literally let everyone carry.
So,

1} government agencies are involved in regulating guns,... so much for civil liberity's eh

2} throw out some logic and keep other logic.

If someone just rushed into your house right now, do you trust the police can help you? 

YOu stated something about people with guns you called heart protectors or protectors of the heart or whatever, point is where are those people when someone rushed into your house?  How are they any differrent from Secure and Protect Police dept?

This is where you logic appears to be discontious in how you apply it.

I agree with you. I wouldn't want this either. I think this stems from your assumption that gun debate side equals trump side so it must be a dumb idea... That's a huge error that is destroying our society currently... worse than any gun in my opinion. 
No, I just think much of the other side wants no government interference, no restrictions on gun production or amount sold etc etc. They basically want the old west in 2019.  NUTS.

I can tell you haven't been around a lot of shooters before from your statements. I even doubt you've gone to a shooting range. Bc if you did, you'd see the people i'm talking about and how humbling it is to stand next to another person holding one of the most powerful things on this planet in their hand. You haven't felt that level of respect i'm assuming.
Ive spent some time shooting rifles and pistols with friends in early years and a few turkey shoot contests in my later years including with sherriff and others at one shooting range.  All of that irrelevant to what I believe in my heart what is best path forward for humanities survival on Earth.

I'm one of the biggest dreamers you'll meet, but i refuse to daydream while people are dying. 
Ive never seen anyone shot.  The vice president of USA did shoot his friend by accident.  IVe heard many stories of friends or family accidentally shooting friends or family for many years and those are just the ones Ive heard.

I once had a neighbor couple miles away and as I was out walking the road I hear this BLAM..ZING! then BLAM...ZING! an  by the third ZING! I star ducking my head.

I figure it is one of a few of my gun toting  neighbors and I walk into his yard an see he { 36 years old } is there with what looks like semi-automatic assault weapon. He says he was trying to blast off a branch hanging from a tree near his house.  So I tell him  my story and that I thought maybe the ZING sound was bullets flying somewhere around my head.

HIs mother and sisters are there telling me that were telling him to stop shooting.  He says yeah those probably were bullets I heard ZINGING!!!. So, he is friend, so I say to him, wouldnt you feel bad if one of you bullets went into brain?  He says "yah I guess I would". So that is how where left that experience.

I see people in markets, gas stations malls carry guns on the hips more and more. There is the one charactor who likes to wear old style six shooter in old style holster with his cowboy clothing.  It is humorous and also a bit disconcerning to me, if this is the way society is headed in future.  Seems backwards as far as being  intellectually smart  to pretty much allow any one ---small person--- a gun { equalizer } just so they the can feel equal to the large man with a gun { disequalizer }.

Read my lips/text. You many people around these here parts that want equalzation when it comes to the gun as equalizer, but not when it comes to financial or standard of living equalization.

Go figure

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Nice dude... you got the second most rare type. Mines INFJ... beat ya on rarity ;p But do you agree with it? Did you find any flaws or nuance it may have missed? Also i like asking this from the rare types... do you feel like you're one of the rare types? 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Outplayz
generally yes, I do agree with it, almost nothing can be absolute, but I think it's pretty good.
YeshuaRedeemed
Debates: 8
YeshuaRedeemed
-->
@Snoopy
I am progun. Consider this your formal invitation, to debate me, on this.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@YeshuaRedeemed
I love the 2nd amendment.  Provides protection against criminals and a potentially tyrannical government.
YeshuaRedeemed
Debates: 8
YeshuaRedeemed
-->
@Alec
Agreed. I don't want a gun, but I support gun rights.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@YeshuaRedeemed
I want a pistol and an AK 47 when I'm older.  Maybe a hunting rifle too if I'm into that.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@mustardness
financial or standard of living equalization.
I'm on your side with this issue. Which is good you bring it up... until we can figure out ourselves and fix our difference. Fix our mentality... seriously fix the people in this country to not see black and white... then, when we fix all of that.. guns will be moot. If not, i'd be willing to to listen to your side of the issue more... but only then. If we don't fix our issues... i'd rather have my weapons bc i fear chaos can be looming. I'd rather people have their weapons bc the people pushed into the corner by society will bite back. Our current state requires firearms for our freedom and protection. I rarely talk about the present, i'm usually a futurist... But this present issue cannot be ignored. Either we fix ourselves, or protect ourselves while we go mad. Your issue isn't with guns and you don't see it... your issue is with our current societal state. No gun laws will fix that.  
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Outplayz
No gun laws will fix that.
And more guns is not going to fix societies ills either and that is what you pro-liferating-gun-toters people dont get.

That more and more guns is more and more dumb for humanity, except it may help to curb overpopulation but is the dumbest and a most hurtful way for humanity to curb the over population problem.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
what we can agree on

criminal violence is bad we don't want it, we don't want murders and we don't want criminals to have guns.

has the Brady Bill/NICS check decreased gun crime?  Doesn't look like it

But it does make it more difficult for non criminals to get guns then pre Bill/NICS

this trickle down effect of restricting guns from lawful individuals therefore reducing the number and availability of guns to criminals just doesn't work and that should be obvious.

Though there are many millions of guns and new purchases etc the crime rate generally goes down even with no new laws or restrictions.  At no point is there real evidence that a law or laws have lead to a direct reduction in gun murders.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Outplayz
D-Pirate...what we can agree on
The more guns { weapons M.A.D. aka NUTs } in existence the easier is for humans to get shot intentionally or by accident.

A minimal brainer is a minimal brainer irrespective of the irrelevant spin gun toters attempt to appjy this issue within a humanity that appears intent on humanicide, one way{ nuclear bombs }  or another { climate }.

And the one way may be causal effect of the another way.

Large and very toxic petroleum chemical spin in Missippi delta yesterday.  YIKEs!  A small EXON Valdeez repeat.

Human who fart in church must sit in own pew....Confuscius

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@mustardness
The more guns { weapons M.A.D. aka NUTs } in existence the easier is for humans to get shot intentionally or by accident.
how much does the chance to get shot if the number of guns which is about 400 million goes up to 550 million?  how much will that increase the odds?

If #of guns = chance to get shot, then why, if # of guns goes up, # of people being shot is going down?

guns increase while murder rates decrease, explain.

25 days later

sadolite
sadolite
When I see a armed govt such as the US govt treat an armed citizenry with such disdain, condensation and disrespect one can only imagine how they would treat a disarmed society. That is why I own a gun, lots of them and plan to buy more.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
Yes. Sad.

But sad is as humans do. 

And inadequate boys want adequate toys.

And humans cannot change.

The way that we manipulate data might vary but the underlying principles stay the same. 

Intelligence without inherent hang ups is the way forwards.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Outplayz
@sadolite
@Snoopy
When I see a armed govt such as the US govt treat an armed citizenry with such disdain, condensation and disrespect one can only imagine how they would treat a disarmed society. That is why I own a gun, lots of them and plan to buy more.

The "Humans Are Dead" is one answer to all of human caused  problems and more weapons will only hasten that ending.

Thanks to Origami for the video!

D-Pirate---If #of guns = chance to get shot, then why, if # of guns goes up, # of people being shot is going down? guns increase while murder rates decrease, explain.

Timing and location is everything in love and war. Adding tinder { fuel } to a pile of wood just makes it easy to ignite when the time is right and depending on the fuel { weapon } it may burn all that much hotter.

Play with fire and humanity may get burned.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@mustardness
Hmm well you can throw away your guns if you have any and think you will change the world. I plan on surviving or die tying should the Armageddon of toys take place. 
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@sadolite
Hmm well you can throw away your guns if you have any and think you will change the world. I plan on surviving or die tying should the Armageddon of toys take place.
Remember the Alamo!

More weapons on Earth is dumb.

......The humans are dead!.......

Less weapons on Earth is smart.

.....great chance humans still live.............

More inequity of human standard of living at cost of ecological environment that sustains them all

....greater chance humans are dead............

Less inequity of human standard of living at cost of ecological environment that sustains them all.

...less chance humans are dead....

Increasing disparate humanity

....greater chance humanity is dead...

Unified humanity

... greater chance humanity still lives....

sadolite
sadolite
The logic in your thinking is naive and highly flawed. It is all based on you thinking other people think like you. If we just get rid of guns problem solved. That would work if ALL people thought like you. I am also guessing you don't believe Unadulterated true evil exists. Only good men willing to do things 100 times more evil to evil people stop evil evil people. Evil will always have guns ALWAYS. The problem isn't good men with guns it is misplaced compassion and making excuses for the actions evil people.   

"A Harmless Man Is Not a Good Man. a Good Man Is a Very Dangerous Man Who Has That Under Voluntary Control:"
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@sadolite
Evil = Crazy, Insane etc

How to make for a saner, ergo less evil world.

All-for-one and one-for-all is a moral precedent for sanity at its highest {most wholistically } spirit-of-intent. The world is full of people with good intentions is common saying that gets pooh-poohed.

Can you imagine a world not filled with people with good intentions?

1} unify humanity under common wholistic set of concerns and goals 
....1a, 1b, 12, 1c etc that in turn lead to those concerns that are of the most immediate danger to humanity

2} unified humanity agrees to dismantle all hydrogen and nuclear weapons,

3 } unified humanity agrees to dismantle all toxic weapons,

4} unified humanity agrees to abolish all larger weapons,

5} unified humanity agrees to abolish all medium size  weapons,

6} unified humanity agrees to abolish all small weapons { firearms }.

A move in this direction is a move toward a saner world that all humans we will have to  have  the greatest confidence in the honest sincerity of those in authority who oversee those actions at each stage of becoming a more sane humanity.

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@mustardness
Alec: All of your goals are impossible.  If you ban guns, people get them illegally.  No way are you going to convince a criminal to give up their guns.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@mustardness
"Evil = Crazy, Insane etc"   Like I said you don't think evil exists  You think it's some kind of mental disorder that can be treated. Evil is not a mental disorder. Evil is an ideology, "absolute power by any means necessary"  If you banned all guns from the kind of good men I described earlier we would all be slaughtered like pigs by the harmless good men. For it is evil that does the work for the harmless good man. I would say you are one of those harmless good men. You know whats best for everyone.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Snoopy
Alec: All of your goals are impossible. 
In 1800's people who dreamed of going to the  moon were called lunatics because it was obviously immpossible

If you ban guns, people get them illegally.
If humanity was in agreement in banning weapons then there is going to exist less weapons and it is going to be much harder to access them.  This is minimal brainer.

No way are you going to convince a criminal to give up their guns.
There various factors to be consider here and you Alec and Snoppy are very short-sided and narrow-minded on this issue. 

Where there is faith in human kind there is hope. Where there exists there exist love.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@mustardness
"Where there is faith in human kind there is hope."  Hope and faith isn't a plan to deal with evil. 

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@mustardness
There various factors to be consider here and you Alec and Snoppy are very short-sided and narrow-minded on this issue.
I would be inclined to disagree with Alec that its impossible for common criminals to hang up their guns, though I think we need to be looking at least a human lifetime out.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@sadolite
@Snoopy
I would be inclined to disagree with Alec that its impossible for common criminals to hang up their guns, though I think we need to be looking at least a human lifetime out.

I agree and posted reference to community in CA that was paying its common crimminals not to commit crime and it was working.

Alec has little ability to to have imagination { IMAGINE--J. Lennon }, faith, love and hope in a humankind that can superscede is negatives.

I don't think humanity will survive another 500- 1000 years but that does not mean I dont think they have the potential to overcome via faith, hope and love.

Sadolite--Hope and faith isn't a plan to deal with evil. 
Evil = greedy, selfish etc

Evil = crazy, insane etc,

Evil = lack of compassion and empathy

Evil = when the ego places self above or before others uneccessarily

Evil = racism, sexism etc
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All-for-one and one-for-all is a moral precedent for sanity at its highest {most wholistically } spirit-of-intent. The world is full of people with good intentions is common saying that gets pooh-poohed.

Can you imagine a world not filled with people with good intentions?

1} unify humanity under common wholistic set of concerns and goals 
....1a, 1b, 12, 1c etc that in turn lead to those concerns that are of the most immediate danger to humanity

2} unified humanity agrees to dismantle all hydrogen and nuclear weapons,

3 } unified humanity agrees to dismantle all toxic weapons,

4} unified humanity agrees to abolish all larger weapons,

5} unified humanity agrees to abolish all medium size  weapons,

6} unified humanity agrees to abolish all small weapons { firearms }.

A move in this direction is a move toward a saner world that all humans we will have to  have  the greatest confidence in the honest sincerity of those in authority who oversee those actions at each stage of becoming a more sane humanity.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@mustardness
Good luck with all that. I'll keep my guns. If you want them send other people with guns to come get them because you will need to pry them from my guns from the hands of my dead body. You know as well as I do that if you had the power you would use guns to disarm people with guns. Your unicorn utopia BS is just that BS. You are naive and gulable.