More Guns Thread

Author: Snoopy

Total: 111
mustardness
Debates: 0
mustardness
-->
@sadolite
Good luck with all that. I'll keep my guns.

If you want them send other people with guns to come get them because you will need to pry them from my guns from the hands of my dead body. You know as well as I do that if you had the power you would use guns to disarm people with guns.

Not true and is more evidence of your short-sighted lack of imagination.

Can you imagine a world not filled with people with good intentions?

Can you imagine a world filled with people with good intentions?

1} unify humanity under common wholistic set of concerns and goals 
....1a, 1b, 12, 1c etc that in turn lead to those concerns that are of the most immediate danger to humanity
....you would rather fight than any other options.............

2} unified humanity agrees to dismantle all hydrogen and nuclear weapons,
..this began in 80's.....

3 } unified humanity agrees to dismantle all toxic weapons,
.....I'm on board, why not you?....

4} unified humanity agrees to abolish all larger weapons,
....well this moves us closer to balancing the tables for common person who has no "larger weapons" your type should like this......

5} unified humanity agrees to abolish all medium size  weapons,
....common person also does not have medium size weapons so again, equalizing towards the common person....

6} unified humanity agrees to abolish all small weapons { firearms }.
....I have no problem with personal bow and arrow as much harder to do massive damage by single individual....

A move in this direction is a move toward a saner world that all humans we will have to  have  the greatest confidence in the honest sincerity of those in authority who oversee those actions at each stage of becoming a more sane humanity.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
What is evil?

Evil is one of those hard to pin down, descriptive words that get's readily banded about and attached to a multitude of possibilities. As exemplified by your own multi-definitional usage.

Love is the same.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@sadolite
What well regulated militia do you belong to?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
Yes yes yes evil is so hard to pin down. Suppose I am evil. Give me your address so I come come to your house and rape all the woman in your family while you watch and then cut all their heads off and then I'll cut your head off.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@disgusted
Me and my fellow gun owners is my militia. We meet regularly to shoot our firearms at the gun range regularly. You are not suggesting that we be regulated by the very entity that gave us all reason to own firearms are you?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@mustardness
It is people such as yourself and the good intentions that you have that make the world the hell it is now.  The road to hell is paved with you good intentions

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@sadolite
I asked which well regulated militia as the 2nd amendment demands.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@sadolite
Someone like that/you should never have a gun.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
guns are cool
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@sadolite
@disgusted
@zedvictor4
Keep a civil tounge please, bearing in mind that this is not an individualistic matter per se, like personal preference

Evil was defined as requested earlier to mean "absolute power by any means necessary". It should be noted what seems unclear about this.

In the United States the "militia" is broadly composed of all able bodied mature male citizens up to the age of 45, not barred nor exempt, and females voluntarily enlisted in a state sanctioned guard.

A well regulated militia is supposed to be necessary to the security of a free state. The preexisting right to keep and bear arms is retained by the people, and not to be "infringed". The 2nd amendment originally applied only to the federal government and was later encorporated some time after the Civil War with application to the States. There have always been legal regulations.

Bill of Rights, Amendment II "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"

Whatever right in keeping and bearing arms, it is not necessarily tied to militia service, nor must it be contingent upon the Constitution the United States for its existence.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@sadolite
The road to hell is paved with you good intentions
I wouldnt Ive as Ive never been to hell and Ive been only many paths with people with good intentions.

Please tell us more about your  "good intentions" journe and your experiences in "hell".

Is this true for all people like you or just those like you that like to shoot bulltets at things?

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
Is that psychopathy or random violence?

Is psychopathy evil or is it physiological dysfunction?

Irrespective of what the outcome might be, is a random decision necessarily evil or is it simply just a random decision?

Though outcomes may vary, isn't brain function simply what it is?

Isn't evil the regard rather than the intent?

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
Nothing is more Texas than opening a beer bottle with your firearm.

... wait no, opening a beer bottle with your firearm while sitting in the back of a pickup truck.

Yeah, that's pretty Texas.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mopac
Will you be wearing denim dungarees, checked shirt, baseball cap and no shoes?
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
We're Texans, not hillbillies dude.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
In my opinion you argue against the blatantly obvious just to occupy your mind as you have no real solutions to anything but only to argue against everything to occupy your mind....... and then repeat.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@mustardness
I avoid all people that have good intentions for me. the last time someone had good intentions for me it cost me $500. They, and their good intentions thought it would be a good idea to mow my lawn for me. But of course those good intentions ended up pulling cutting a cable that they did not know about causing severe damage to my pool cage. Nope you can keep your good intentions and punish someone else with them. I would prefer people to be indifferent or hostile to me. At least I can control those people. The well intentioned are f-ing nightmares waiting to happen.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@disgusted
I have lots and lots of guns and thousands and thousands of rounds of ammo. Yet not a single person ever harmed or threatened. People should fear you more than me. You advocate taking peoples guns simply for having opinions.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@sadolite
Citation?
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@sadolite
You advocate taking peoples guns simply for having opinions.
When you want to actually read what Ive stated and respond to that --you rarely ever do that, why?--- then maybe we can begin to have a rational logical common sense disscussusion.  You appear to live in world of fear and paranoia. Sad :--(

So I'll will try this question to you for the 4th until you actually read what I state and want to have a rational, logical common sense disscussion.

Can you imagine a life in a world where most people only have bad intentions? No you cant imagine that and you refuse to even try because of your seemingly paranoid state of mind.

All-for-one and one-for-all is a moral precedent for sanity at its highest {most wholistically } spirit-of-intent. The world is full of people with good intentions is common saying that gets pooh-poohed.

....1a, 1b, 12, 1c etc that in turn lead to those concerns that are of the most immediate danger to humanity

A move in this direction is a move toward a saner world that all humans we will have to  have  the greatest confidence in the honest sincerity of those in authority who oversee those actions at each stage of becoming a more sane humanity.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
In my opinion; I argue the blatantly obvious just to occupy my mind for a while in the mornings....and then repeat.

Isn't processing data the occupation of everyone's mind?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@mustardness
I have read what you have written. You fail to acknowledge that more people than not by a huge margin think you are naive. Again most people don't think like you. Your ideas come from a sheltered bubble life. You ignore the fact that evil exists and try to write it off as some sort of treatable mental disorder. You are wrong, plain and simple. I have 2000+ years of history on my side that proves you are wrong. You will never get every single human being to give up their guns and bombs and missiles. Not ever.  The ones that do give them up will live in tyranny and oppression by those who don't. You simply do not live in reality. I would much rather live in a world of indifference or bad intentions than a world of good intentions. All of the genocide that has ever occurred in this world since recorded history started with someone who thought their intentions were good. Indifference serves me best. bad intentions are manageable. Good intentions are unmanageable and you cant protect yourself from them and the endless unintended horrendous consequences that come with good intentions.

Tell me something. If you have a well intentioned idea to help a person or people and it ends up hurting that person or people, are you accountable for your actions? Do you have to make things right and pay restitution?  Or do you say your intentions were good and think you should suffer no consequences for your actions. Will your position just be sucks to be those people who's lives i ruined with my good intentions.  That's the problem with good intentions, No accountability. Indifference is neutral because you mind your own business and bad intentions can be held accountable.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@sadolite
I have read what you have written.
Little to no evidence of such, nor have you directly addressed such. Why? Your paranoia keeps you in bubble and fear of using any imaginative faculites you may have access to. My guess is that you dont yawn when you see other people yawning. Lack of empathy center begin active.

When you want to actually read what Ive stated and respond to that --you rarely ever do that, why?--- then maybe we can begin to have a rational logical common sense disscussusion.  You appear to live in world of fear and paranoia. Sad :--(

So I'll will try this question to you for the 5th or 6th time, or until you actually read what I state and want to have a rational, logical common sense disscussion.

Can you imagine a life in a world where most people only have bad intentions? No you cant imagine that and you refuse to even try because of your seemingly paranoid state of mind.

All-for-one and one-for-all is a moral precedent for sanity at its highest {most wholistically } spirit-of-intent. The world is full of people with good intentions is common saying that gets pooh-poohed.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@mustardness
"Little to no evidence of such, " Are you f-ing kidding me. Have you ever read a history book?  I did address your question of imagination very thoroughly, you refuse to acknowledge my answer. You didn't
address whether the good intentioned would be held accountable for their horrendous unintended concurrences  when their ideas hurt people. 

Here is a very recent example of well meaning people with good intentions destroying peoples live and thinking they should not be held accountable but luckily people with critical thinking skills like mine stepped in. I am guessing you were educated by people exactly like these well meaning people with good intentions.

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@sadolite
I have read what you have written.

Again since you refuse to read/listen and address specifics of what Ive stated.

There is little to no evidence of such { your statement above }, nor have you directly addressed such. Why? Your paranoia keeps you in bubble and fear of using any imaginative faculites you may have access to.

My guess is that when you see other people yawning you dont yawn because of your empather centers being inactive and I speculate that, that is a resultant of your parnaoid state of consciousness. I dunno.

So I'll will try this question to you for the 7th or 8th time now, or until you actually read what I state and behave like a mature adult who actually  wants  to have a rational, logical common sense disscussion.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@mustardness
I have addressed everything you have said. It is your problem that you live in denial of reality. This ridiculous conversation is over.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@sadolite
I have addressed everything you have said. It is your problem that you live in denial of reality. This ridiculous conversation is over.
It was over when,

1} you refused to addressed my comments as stated ---multiple times ex "7th and 8th" etc in last my ls response to you,

2} your desire to not to have a rational, logical common sense back and forth disscusion, by doing #1 above,

And that is evidence of your being ridiculus cause you have not ever truly addressed more than one comment by me, and maybe not even one directly.

It is sad :--( that you cannot see that your the one that is in denial because of  paranoia and lack of access to seemingly any imaginative faculties on these issues that,  Ive repeatedly laid in a simple and clear enumeration format for you tp address and respond to in a rational, logical common sense way.

You appear to be trapped in box of limited thoughts and ideas on these issues and possible scenarios humanity has the opportunity to go forward with.  I'm doubtful also, but once lose faith in humanity hope is not far behind.  Or is that the other way around? I dunno.

More and more and more weapons is dumb when we consider humanity that has such historically barbaric history. I'm sadden you cant see the obvious solution that has the best option forward.

You can ignore my comments again.  That does not make them invalid considerations.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@mustardness
You saying the same thing over and over again is not a conversation.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@sadolite
You saying the same thing over and over again is not a conversation.
I agree, that it is not much of significant, rational, logical conversation as long as you repeatedly refeuse to read/listen and address the many enumerated bullet points Ive laid out for you and others to consider. Your paranoia and fear keeps you trapped in very narrow head-space little access to any imaginative faculties you may possess. Sad :--(

It was over when,

1} you refused to addressed my comments as stated ---multiple times ex "7th and 8th" etc in last my ls response to you,

2} your desire to not to have a rational, logical common sense back and forth disscusion, by doing #1 above,

And that is evidence of your being ridiculous cause you have not ever truly addressed more than one comment by me, and maybe not even one directly.

It is sad :--( that you cannot see that your the one that is in denial because of  paranoia and lack of access to seemingly any imaginative faculties on these issues that,  Ive repeatedly laid in a simple and clear enumeration format for you tp address and respond to in a rational, logical common sense way.

You appear to be trapped in box of limited thoughts and ideas on these issues and possible scenarios humanity has the opportunity to go forward with.  I'm doubtful also, but once lose faith in humanity hope is not far behind.  Or is that the other way around? I dunno.

More and more and more weapons is dumb when we consider humanity that has such historically barbaric history. I'm sadden you cant see the obvious solution that has the best option forward.

You can ignore my comments again.  That does not make them invalid considerations.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@mustardness
I addressed your points. You live in denial.