How Did You Become An Atheist?

Author: Wrick-It-Ralph

Total: 265
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
Hating me isn't going to change anything.

Goldtop
Debates: 0
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Hating me isn't going to change anything.
YOU are the one who hates, you hate us all, hence you troll us all.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
If I really hated you all, I wouldn't be here. I gain no pleasure from debating the juvenile.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
Start by explaining what the theory is and where you got the idea that :

The theory of Evolution.

I see. No, that is the title of the theory , and not you explaining it. And you didn't say where you got the idea. So I will assume you are referring to Darwin's Theory  On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection. I asked you:

And how exactly does this "The theory of Evolution" actually explain how:

"we have evolved by exactly the same process as every other animal that has ever existed on this planet"? 

Because Darwin doesn't actually explain the appearance of humans, does he? In fact Darwin admitted some difficulty in explaining highly sophisticated organs such as the human eye.  And neither does his co discoverer Alfred Wallace. In fact Wallace clearly suspected an "intervention of some kind". Yes, Wallace who was prepared to let Darwin have all the publicity for the "THEORY" of natural selection stated that;  " some intelligent power has guided or determined the development of of man". And, over 160 years later science has failed, just like you have, to prove Wallace wrong. Anthropologists have failed miserably to produce fossil evidence for the " missing link" with apes, and there has been a growing recognition of the complexity of organs such as the human brain.

So. Let's have another go shall we.

You have claimed:
@disgusted
"we have evolved by exactly the same process as every other animal that has ever existed on this planet"? 

So how exactly does this theory explain how  "we have evolved by exactly the same process as every other animal that has ever existed on this planet"? 

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
If I really hated you all, I wouldn't be here. I gain no pleasure from debating the juvenile.
YOU don't debate, you troll, that's why you hate us, you gain pleasure from hating us, that's all you know how to do.

You then insult us by calling us "juvenile" and you'll get away with it. We aren't allowed to say things like that, but you, a troll, are allowed to get away with whatever you want. This is of course, the result of incompetent moderation here.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
Then you already know what whining about it makes you look like.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Then you already know what whining about it makes you look like.
Yes, someone with more interest in making this forum more productive rather than using it as a bridge to hide under and attack passersby with their inane brand of faith based tyranny.

Mopac
Mopac
Says the one calling for my censorship.

*drops mic*

Goldtop
Goldtop
Censorship? Don't be ridiculous, straight jacket and padded cell all the way.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Get an education.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
The theory of Evolution.
You obviously don't understand the answer so go and get an education beyond the kindergarten level you currently possess.
 I know about the "theory" and that is all it is , a "theory". I want you to explain how it is relevant to the human species.  You have made a massive claim and are simply failing to explain yourself and resorting to Ad Hominem and then "running away",  why is that?

I am assuming you are referring to Darwin's and Wallace's work  On The Origin Of Species By Means of Natural Selection

If that is the case  then I am pleased to inform you that Charles Darwin himself  was silent on the point of the origins of humans but is co-discoverer Alfred Wallace was less reluctant to express his views. Wallace (who was pleased to let Darwin take all the publicity) clearly suspected  an "intervention of some kind" when he  stated that  - " some intelligent power has guided or determined the development of man". In fact Darwin admitted to having "some difficulty" in explaining highly sophisticated organs such as the human eye.

And, over 150 years later science has failed to prove Wallace wrong. Anthropologists have failed miserably to produce fossil evidence for the "missing link" between apes and humans / Homo Sapiens. There has also been growing recognition of the complexity of organs such as the human brain. 

So you sing and dance and then cry about others "running away"  from their claims, and here's you running away at the speed of  Usain Bolt from your own claims when challenged to support them..
Your a hypocrite with double standards.

Start by explaining what the theory is and where you got the idea that :

"we have evolved by exactly the same process as every other animal that has ever existed on this planet"? because by their own admission neither Darwin or Wallace couldn't even explain that brain teaser. Shouting out the same mantra  "The theory of Evolution"  is only telling me the title of the "theory" and not explaining how,for instance, that this "theory" explains the appearance of humans.

Come on now, lets have less of your double standards and hypocrisy and more evidence to support your outrageous claims.

You have made an extraordinary claim about a complicated "theory" and I have repeatedly made a simply request , so why are you struggling to explain it and standing to support your own claim but instead choosing to "run away".

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
 I know about the "theory" and that is all it is , a "theory".
Proof positive that you don't know about the theory of evolution at all.

.  You have made a massive claim
It's not a massive claim, it's the theory of evolution.
I've told you to get an education.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted

.  You have made a massive claim

It is a massive claim.
You have claimed something that even Darwin and Wallace couldn't explain. 

it's the theory of evolution
Yes you keep saying that over and over but that is simply the title of the "theory". Now I want you to explain how this is relevant to the appearance of humans which  both Darwin and Wallace says was "sudden".  So STOP avoiding the question!!  You are quick enough to demand proof and evidence of other people and the  claims they make but fail to do so when called upon yourself to offer evidence and proof for your unsubstantiated claims.

you have claimed
--> @disgusted https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/1714? post #5 "we have evolved by exactly the same process as every other animal that has ever existed on this planet"? 

Now prove it. Or stop insisting other prove their claims you two faced, hypocritical buffoon of double standards.
Now, off you go.  Run along, and  I expect you back before tea time with some proof positive that  - "we have evolved by exactly the same process as every other animal". 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen

WyseGui
WyseGui
-->
@Mopac
Annoyance is not a symptom of passion. It is a symptom of irritation. Stop trying to redefine words to fit your narratives.

You have the most circular reasoning I have ever seen. You will never be able to apply sound reasoning this way. And your basically just saying the same thing over and over. You have no proof that anything is pre-eternal. You still have offered no reasoning as to why "Without this being, this existence, this entity, there could be no form of existence". Show me that "There are many truths, and for these truths to be The Truth must be in them.' How would you demonstrate that? The Donald Trump example you gave proved absolutely nothing. He wasn't president, he is now, he won;t be soon. Yes that is how it works.

To you al of this makes sense because you have already been indoctrinated. Which was my first point. Yo have faith all this is true. Not proof. You have offered no sound reasoning for everything you believe. It is not a matter of me not understanding or you finding the write words. I understand it. It just doesn't make sense.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@WyseGui
You reject my "reasoning" on hearing, so I don't think you actually understand it.

You claim that I am "redefining" language, but my religion is older than your language, and this is the langusge we use.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@WyseGui
You will get nothing from me, because you think you know already.
WyseGui
WyseGui
-->
@Mopac
No, I don't know. That is why I am agnostic atheist. I reject it because there is nothing to understand. Nothing to cogitate upon. I am not even denying your claims. I am saying you literally aren't offering any logic. You just saying believe because it is obvious.

And the word annoy has no religious context. It does and has always referred to irritation not passion. If if that is "the langusge we use" it is incorrect. You trying too hard 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
It's not a massive claim,
It is a massive claim. It is just that you don't understand the complexity yourself of what YOU have claimed. And you haven't provided a single piece of evidence to support your claim. Again, this is your outrageous claim:

"YOU PROVE IT"!  Simply back it up. Just saying the words; "the theory of evolution" doesn't support what you claim. It is just a title of the proposed theory and nothing else.

it's the theory of evolution.

No, that is the title of the theory , and not you explaining it. And you haven't confirmed where you got the idea either, am I correct in assuming you are talking about Darwin's Theory of Evolution", or is their someone else that only you have heard of?.  You keep saying that " it's the theory of evolution", over and over and over and over,  so explain to us all with supporting evidence  the appearance of humans.  It's not a hard ask since you are giving us all the impression that you are somewhat more than familiar with Darwin's ( and Wallace's) THEORY of evolution.. So let's hear it? What are you scared of? 

I have had one. You insist on others providing evidence and proof of claims they make but when called upon to do so yourself , you become abusive and evasive, why is that?

I have told you twice already Darwin and Wallace admit to being at a loss when it comes to the "sudden appearance" of humans. So maybe you can tell us all what both  Darwin and Wallace have failed to tell us.

Come on and hurry up about it!
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@WyseGui
Norhimg to understand.

How telling.

WyseGui
WyseGui
-->
@Mopac
lol. It sure is.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@WyseGui
 trying to redefine words to fit your narratives. 

Many Christians will do this when they find that they have painted themselves into a corner. In fact they will re- write complete verses from the scriptures to make it fit and support their argument.

Some even go as far as to deny what is actually written in the bible even when their own scriptural evidence is nailed between their eyes, such as this exchange between myself &  Mopac; post # 10 here >. https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/1757

Mopac ; And certainly, Jesus willingly went to the cross, no one took his life, he gave it.

Stephen;  Don't be so silly. Jesus was in great distress at the thought of dying while trying to pull off this great deception.. He didn't go to the cross "willingly".  It is, as you put it,  pretty obvious from the scripture that he was ordered to do what he did by his "father" against his will.  

LOOK>>>>  Luke 22:42  Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, ........but thine, be done.

Of all the bibles that are written they are all in  agreement those words "NOT MY WILL" are the words spoken by the Christ to his "father".

So in typical fashion we are not out of the starting gate and we have you  already trying to re write what the bible says and insert something that isn't there.This is deceit and you do your case or your faith, no favours at all.

Mopac ;  I am telling you what the church teaches, and it is our book to interpret, not yours. Jesus willingly died on the cross. As I said, it is our book. It is not for you to interpret. If your interpretation doesn't match with what the church teaches, it is wrong.

So it can be clearly seen above, when the evidence from their own scripture is nailed between their eyes , they will still deny it.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@WyseGui
This attitude is not conducive to meaningful discussion, it is wholly destructive.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
This attitude is not conducive to meaningful discussion, it is wholly destructive.
And yet, you're still here, blame that on incompetent moderation.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
I am being very consistent with church teaching has been for thousands of years.

The real problem is I am talking to people who don't really care to know, but would rather lean on their own understanding.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
This attitude is not conducive to meaningful discussion

It is a waste of time and not constructive or conductive when you deny that biblical  verses even exist and simply default to your usual mantras.
It isn't "meaningful discussion" either. 

I am being very consistent with church teaching has been for thousands of years.
See post #202 above.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Nonsense
WyseGui
WyseGui
Meaningful discussion. You literally just wrote me:

You will get nothing from me, because you think you know already.
And

Norhimg to understand.

How telling.

This is you trying to have a meaningful discussion? Getting some hints of narcissism here. Also

The real problem is I am talking to people who don't really care to know, but would rather lean on their own understanding.
The problem is you offer no understanding. Just assertions.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac

meaningful discussion

So this is meaningful discussion ; you  telling me: 

"I am telling you what the church teaches, and it is our book to interpret, not yours [..........] As I said, it is our book. It is not for you to interpret. If your interpretation doesn't match with what the church teaches, it is wrong".

Bollocks!
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
You can't always be right, Stevo.