Is it irrational to believe that no God or god(s) exist?

Topic's posts
Posts in total: 128
--> @Fallaneze
Changes in the physical brain has effects on consciousness. That's all we know. 
So if all we know is that there is correlation between the physical brain and conciousness how do you justify claiming more than That? 
I will again point out the example of how making changes to your TV has effects on how the signal displays.
And I will again point out that any direct comparison between this and how a brain functions is pure conjecture on your part.
--> @secularmerlin
Because there shouldn't be a correlation between two things if those two things are the same.

"Brain works like a radio receiver"

--> @Fallaneze
Your source states and I quote "Brain circuits can tune into the frequency of other brain parts" this in no way indicates an outside source but only communication between the various parts of the brain.
--> @Fallaneze
This does not mean that the physical brain generates consciousness
  Brain exhibits { expresses } various degrees of consciousness with humans expressing the most complex consciousness.

A lot of this is due to recall { memory } abilities ergo feedback to self.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 } Metaphysical-1mind/intellect/concepts exist in complement to 3D occupied space and NOT  a as result of 3D occupied space.  You do not seem to grasp this fact.

2} Both eternally exist as complements to each other along with macro-infinite non-occupied space.

3} consciousness may result in access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts or consciousness may not lead to such access. The access is mostly unique to humans.  Other animals may have access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts, yet it is so much less access.

--> @secularmerlin
Here is the larger context:

"Animals (and humans alike) have a mental map of the surrounding environment, consisting of place cells. These cells correspond with places in the physical space and fire when the animal reaches the place or remembers it. The mental map is fed by two sorts of information: with memories from earlier experiences, and with sensory information. But how does the mental map upload this information?

Direct measurements in the brain of mice, looking for their way in a maze, show that memory information is sent with another frequency to the mental map than sensory information is. The brain area representing the mental map synchronizes with these frequencies like a radio receiver: it is only tuning into the information that is important at a given time, an international team of researchers led by Francesco Battaglia from the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour at Radboud University Nijmegen show. This research sheds light on the intriguing question how brain parts choose relevant information from the constant scattering of neurons going on in the brain."

The "radio signal" so to speak, is retrieved from the environment. The brain takes these signals and creates a mental map which it then selectively tunes to.

--> @Fallaneze
You are making a category error driven by quote mining.the brain is "tuning in" to other parts of THE SAME BRAIN. That is in no way suggestive of an outside frequency. We are talking about levels of attentiveness to existing information not outside signals.

--> @secularmerlin
We are talking about levels of attentiveness to existing information not outside signals.
True for the most part, however we cannot rule out gravitational Space and Dark Energy Space effects on our physiology. Most scientist say it is not enough to be of any significance. I'm not convinced.

And we cannot rule out ultra-low frequency EMRadiation effects on our physiology.

In both case I think there exist a resonance phenomena that I likened to entrainment.

--> @secularmerlin
What precisely makes belief in god(s) more rational than a garage spirit? Just because you "think" they would have better things to do? Claerly they don't or my garage would fall over. Seems as rational as a belief in any entity/conciousness/being that we have no direct observable evidence of to me.
A person built your garage with precise measurements and engineering to keep it up... hmm... 
--> @Outplayz
A person built your garage with precise measurements and engineering to keep it up... hmm... 

That is one thing needed to keep a garage standing.

The other is the perfect spirit of a garage which unbeknownst to the builders enters the garage upon completion. Can you disprove this or are you simply being skeptical of an unnecessary and unprovable hypothesis? In either case how is this different than believing that the universe (most of which seems to get on just fine without conciousness) requires a conciousness in order to exist?
--> @mustardness
We cannot rule out anything. We can only verify what is observable and withhold belief in the absence of sufficient evidence.
--> @mustardness
Excellent post by the way I understood every word. Thank you. Sincerely thank you.
--> @secularmerlin
That is one thing needed to keep a garage standing.
Triangular stabilization. All structure is stabilized by triangulation otherwise it will not remain a structure and certainly no a safe structure.

Structure = triangulation.

Fermionic spirit is based on trinary sets of three, 6,9 12, 18 -- 36

Same goes for bosonic spirit tho a little more complicated to grasp.
--> @secularmerlin
The other is the perfect spirit of a garage which unbeknownst to the builders enters the garage upon completion. Can you disprove this or are you simply being skeptical of an unnecessary and unprovable hypothesis?
Okay, so i can say this spirit has a plan for you. Maybe it's suppose to hold your garage up for awhile bc if it didn't... something in your experience would change. In a deterministic way, maybe you wanted this spirit or the spirit knows your path and must hold the garage up for a certain period of time in order for something to happen that should happen. In any of these cases, we don't know. Maybe there is a guiding hand to your experience, maybe there isn't... that's what it comes down to if we clean up your example that's just meant as a red herring of sorts. But at least we know how your garage was made. 

In either case how is this different than believing that the universe (most of which seems to get on just fine without conciousness) requires a conciousness in order to exist?
I'd ask how you know this? How do you know there isn't a guiding hand in this scenario too? How do you know the universe gets along fine without consciousness? If everything is a manifestation of this type of source, even the logical stuff we know today that we think is just existing bc of rules could be set up by this source. It really comes down to things we just don't know. We know very little about the universe as it is, we know nothing about the before... But we do know a garage needs a builder. To say the universe 'may' need some kind of builder isn't an illogical assumption to make. It starts getting illogical once we try to define the builder, bc then we're getting into the whole garage spirit assumptions that anyone can just make up. There may be truth to it, but it's just one persons story in trying to define things. As little as we know, i think both explanations of the universe not needing a builder or it having one are both likely scenarios... it's not illogical to suspect either or. 

--> @Fallaneze
No. Most don't choose to believe or not. You either do or don't. Your reasons for or against may be weird but not necessarily irrational. 
Any beliefs unfounded by a sound premise is technically irrational. But I think that is the thing with religion. Faith is believing in things that don't make sense. Even a christian should be able to admit that.

--> @WyseGui
Even a christian should be able to admit that. 
It matters too much for them to be honest with themselves or are incapable to see how irrational they are. 

--> @omar2345
I absolutely believe this now. Before yesterday maybe I would have given them the benefit of the doubt. But yea, you are right.
--> @WyseGui
I absolutely believe this now. Before yesterday maybe I would have given them the benefit of the doubt. But yea, you are right. 
I wish people were consistent with their daily lives. This would be less of a problem because then they wouldn't be committing a special pleading fallacy. I can only hope they realise their inconsistency and fix it. Less theists less irrational beliefs. 

--> @Outplayz
To say the universe 'may' need some kind of builder isn't an illogical assumption to make
Yes it is Physical/energy and all occupied space eternally exists. End of story. Period with a capital P.

Spirit-1 { spirit-of-intent } as metaphysical-1 mind/intellec/concept and varying degrees of ego { * i * }

Spirit-2 Fermionic matter, bosonic force and any  aggregate collection thereof, ex molecules, biologics, planets galaeyz
...occupied space { small s }....

Spirit-3, metaphysical-3 , positive shaped geodesic ( ) of Gravity ( ) aka mass-attraction,
...occupied Space { capital S }...

Spirit- 4,metaphysical-4, negative shaped geodesic )( of Dark Energy aka repulsive cosmological constant
.....occupied Space { capital S }......

Fourness:

1} four hexagonal planes of "Operating System of Universe and closet we will come to knowning God" ..R. B Fuller LINK
........perfect balance between 24 chords and 24 radii when contructed from four paper planes..........

2} four surface planes of tetrahedron define cubo-octahedron at zero-volume { black hole and event horizon } LINK
.........includes EMRadiation emitted from black hole ergo evaporation of black hole......

4} ..."He was finally convinced, Dr. Hawking wrote, when he recognized that the radiation from the black hole would have the same characteristic heat spectrum as heat, just as Dr. Bekenstein’s theory had implied."....LINK

3} Four kinds of twoness LINK

4} archimedes was first to discover that the foru bisecting planes of spherical cubo-octahedral were equal the surface of the spherical cubo-octahedron.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Triangular stabilization. All structure is stabilized by triangulation otherwise it will not remain a structure and certainly no a safe structure.

Structure = triangulation.

Fermionic spirit is based on trinary sets of 3, 6,9 12, 18 -- 36

Same goes for bosonic spirit tho a little more complicated to grasp.

--> @secularmerlin
Do you need a reason to believe that universe creating pixies do not exist? Do you neither believe nor disbelieve in leprechauns? I have a hunch that your default position in most undetermined cases is skepticism and that the only thing you "need a reason to believe doesn't exist" is in the case of god(s).
Well stated.
--> @Outplayz
To say the universe 'may' need some kind of builder isn't an illogical assumption to make.
Let's approach this tautologically.

Either there is a "universe builder" or there is not.

If there is a "universe builder", what are the practical implications?

If there is not a "universe builder", what are the practical implications?

Since the practical implications are identical, we can conclude that the existence or non-existence of a "universe builder" is moot.
--> @3RU7AL
Let's approach this tautologically.

Either there is a "universe builder" or there is not.
Why must you start interesting questions. I'm suppose to be in the gym. Caught me on a day off, so i'll try to answer all of this.  

If there is a "universe builder", what are the practical implications?
It really depends on the builder. But, i've followed this rabbit hole to one conclusion... if it is anything that involves me... then i'll have to deal with it. 

If there is not a "universe builder", what are the practical implications?
Well, there are some spiritual conclusions you can make off this but the answer would be the same as above. If there is nothing... and you die, and are gone.. again, i'm the one that deals with it, but in that case... it's sorta a blessing since the implications of continuing to be me can be horrible. You turn to nothing... and life, or reality goes on without me. I've accepted this conclusion and it's quite peaceful, but boring as well. It's really simple when the conclusion is you being erased. Not much thought after that.  

Since the practical implications are identical, we can conclude that the existence or non-existence of a "universe builder" is moot.
And this is where i absolutely agree. Both conclusions lead to one ultimate conclusion... i'm here and i have to deal with it. The difference with spiritually minded people (some at least) is that i like to imagine and strengthen myself for the "if" question. If i do continue being me, i'll have to deal with that too. So, i will imagine i am a god bc why would i imagine anything different. I wouldn't want to be weak, i wouldn't want to be a slave, i wouldn't want to be a servant, etc. If it's nothing, and there is no builder and just this reality... then, easy ending. If it is anything else... that builder better be powerful if he/she thinks it can face me. That's my mentality. But you are absolutely right in that this is all moot. Even in my belief... i am currently in paradise. This world is all i know i have, and what i have... so the builder can f* off and die for all i care... it's my experience here and now that matters. 

--> @Outplayz
And this is where i absolutely agree. Both conclusions lead to one ultimate conclusion... i'm here and i have to deal with it. The difference with spiritually minded people (some at least) is that i like to imagine and strengthen myself for the "if" question. If i do continue being me, i'll have to deal with that too. So, i will imagine i am a god bc why would i imagine anything different. I wouldn't want to be weak, i wouldn't want to be a slave, i wouldn't want to be a servant, etc. If it's nothing, and there is no builder and just this reality... then, easy ending. If it is anything else... that builder better be powerful if he/she thinks it can face me. That's my mentality. But you are absolutely right in that this is all moot. Even in my belief... i am currently in paradise. This world is all i know i have, and what i have... so the builder can f* off and die for all i care... it's my experience here and now that matters. 
Well stated.
--> @Outplayz
I know I've told you before, and you reject the label, but you totally sound like a satanist.
--> @Mopac
I know I've told you before, and you reject the label, but you totally sound like a satanist.
I guess it depends on how you are looking at it... i talk about personal empowerment for the most part, and so do they. In those regards, you'll find similarities. So i agree with your "'sound' like a satanist" statement... i wouldn't agree if you said i am one (depending on definitions i guess). I don't know what you mean by satanist... all of the official ones i've read about i don't fully agree with. Btw, i met a friend that is Orthodox like you (i think)... learned some new stuff i found interesting like you guys tend to shun human hierarchies, and that you accept humans wrote the text which makes it vulnerable to fallibility (step towards the right direction in my book).