ASTAP

Author: Alec

Total: 189
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
They would pay more to prevent their employees from leaving the company.  This applies until they automate.
Wage inequality states otherwise.

Please you are not qualified to talk about this and do not understand the data behind this. Something simple to you may not be as simple as you think. For this reason look into more data. I would say you haven't even looked that far because it took me one Google search to show what you said here is not true. 
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@TheRealNihilist
The reason why wages are currently about stagnant is because employees who work low wage jobs don´t consider finding better jobs that require only a high school diploma.  If they did in masses, then employers would have to pay their workers more or they would have to automate in order to maintain a workforce.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
The reason why wages are currently about stagnant is because employees who work low wage jobs don´t consider finding better jobs that require only a high school diploma. 
Goes against this:
They would pay more to prevent their employees from leaving the company. 
Meaning people should quit their job and get an education instead of threatening to quit only to get paid more. Care to clarify? 
If they did in masses, then employers would have to pay their workers more or they would have to automate in order to maintain a workforce.
False. A janitor is worth less so whatever education they get doesn't improve their pay instead would require them to find a better job. Meaning the janitor job will be vacant along with other low-skilled work. 
Alec
Alec
-->
@TheRealNihilist
The reason why wages are currently about stagnant is because employees who work low wage jobs don´t consider finding better jobs that require only a high school diploma. 
Goes against this:
They would pay more to prevent their employees from leaving the company. 

Right now, many employees get paid less than a good wage.  However, that can change if they find better jobs that only require a highschool degree.  If employees did this in masses, then the employers would have to pay the employees more just to keep them working and to prevent them from leaving the company.

Meaning people should quit their job and get an education instead of threatening to quit only to get paid more.
They should quit their current job and get a better one that only requires a high school diploma to work.

False. A janitor is worth less so whatever education they get doesn't improve their pay instead would require them to find a better job. Meaning the janitor job will be vacant along with other low-skilled work. 
The janitor job can be automated so places stay clean.  The robots for it already exist, my grandmother has one and businesses can buy robots to automate the janitor.  Meanwhile, the janitor would then have to find a better job that pays better, which would benefit hi due to his increased salary.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
Right now, many employees get paid less than a good wage.  However, that can change if they find better jobs that only require a highschool degree.  If employees did this in masses, then the employers would have to pay the employees more just to keep them working and to prevent them from leaving the company.

Are you actually an NPC? You just said the same thing as before. I have already rebutted this. Please refrain from saying the same thing as if I didn't rebut anything. 
They should quit their current job and get a better one that only requires a high school diploma to work.
Easier said than done. Why not make a plan for that instead of some awful ideas you conjure up? I don't think you need to be qualified to give general life advice like how to get a job. How to make sure you meet the requirements etc.
The robots for it already exist, my grandmother has one and businesses can buy robots to automate the janitor.
I would like to see a robot which is as effective as humans at cleaning. I have yet to see one. 
Meanwhile, the janitor would then have to find a better job that pays better, which would benefit hi due to his increased salary.
Please make a plan for a janitor instead of making economic plans you are not qualified for. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
Above.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Alec
As for your other quote, when has this idea been tested before?

The idea that corporations will raise employees wages out of the kindness of their hearts you mean?

In other words when have corporations that have been run by employees existed?

Gee wiz that's a tough one, let me go check my notes...
RationalMadman
Debates: 563
RationalMadman
Alec, just to be clear, I would rather that the government takes tax more from everyone (especially the rich) than takes less from 'everyone' and more from people it deems immoral who aren't in any way breaking the law.

I can't emphasise this any more than I did in this post:

So, your reply simply confirmed where you and I disagree on a fundamental level.

109 days later

Alec
Alec
You can tax the rich all you want, they won't pay unless they want to because they have ways to avoid it.  Accountants and lawyers are very smart people and they, when paid well, can help the rich pay nothing in income taxes.  This is why we need to eliminate all federal taxes and replace them with a sales tax and a capitol gains tax.  The sheet has been updated.