Veganism

Author: Snoopy

Total: 125
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
If you get your meat in a natural way, like hunting, or maybe locally raising animals, than you don't have to depend so much on the displacement of native habitat, which is an issue of serious consideration in our time with human populations reaching unprecedented levels.
False. There isn't a food shortage. There is an abundance problem. This is called a problem because even when there is an abundance problem with developed countries there are still people in developed countries that do not get fed.
I don't internalize it, but yeah.
What is the difference between an animal and human?
Are you for human violence? 
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
This is called a problem because even when there is an abundance problem with developed countries there are still people in developed countries that do not get fed.
At the food shelf I volunteer at people tend to be a bit more plump then average.  That's because its a cultural thing in "developed" countries, not a problem of abundance.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
At the food shelf I volunteer at people tend to be a bit more plump then average.  
So we should regulate bad diets as in pay for people to get better and you think that other food is going to be bought by people who need it? I would like to see this thing that people who have the money but don't buy because of "bit more plump" people.

Any chance of getting a response or do you not like responding to flaws to your side?

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist

At the food shelf I volunteer at people tend to be a bit more plump then average.  
So we should regulate bad diets as in pay for people to get better and you think that other food is going to be bought by people who need it? I would like to see this thing that people who have the money but don't buy because of "bit more plump" people.
Regulating diet sounds totalitarian.  I was saying that it's a cultural thing in "developed" countries, not a problem of abundance.

Any chance of getting a response or do you not like responding to flaws to your side?
What are you referring to, and what side am I on in your view?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Regulating diet sounds totalitarian.  I was saying that it's a cultural thing in "developed" countries, not a problem of abundance.
So what should be done about it?
How about the people who can't even eat even though there is an abundance of food in developed countries?
What are you referring to, and what side am I on in your view?
Okay then. Simply answer the question and we will find it. That was more of a guess but I think it was reasonable given that you didn't respond and have shown earlier flaws in what you say or what you can't say because you give up defending your own side. Answer this then I will find out if my guess is correct.

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Not really, no.  I think we should try to get along with one another, and view eating humans distastefully.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Not really, no. 
Why not?
I think we should try to get along with one another, and view eating humans distastefully.
How about getting along with animals and viewing animal violence distasteful? 
How about answering the other question?

Why can't you leave a comment when you have done adding the message? Why do you have to upload the comment then update it afterwards? You have done this consistently for it not to be a problem and it is a problem for me when I had to add another thing I had to respond to. It is not even fixing errors in your writing. It is that you missed out information that was given to me prior. 

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Why not?
For one its not our place.  I am generally inclined towards Pro-Life.
What is the difference between humans and animals
Animals have no established social contract with humans for one.  I think everyone should kill an animal for food once in their life, and feel a full respect for its will to live, among other things.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
For one its generally not our place.  I am generally inclined towards Pro-Life.
How about being "Pro-Life" to animals?
So you are against the death penalty?
How about harming people that break the law?
Animals have no established social contract with humans for one.
Pets is an example of a social contract with animals. I feed you. You can defend the house or play with me.
 I think everyone should kill an animal for food once in their life, and feel a full respect for its will to live.
Why?
How about answering this? 
Why can't you leave a comment when you have done adding the message? Why do you have to upload the comment then update it afterwards? You have done this consistently for it not to be a problem and it is a problem for me when I had to add another thing I had to respond to. It is not even fixing errors in your writing. It is that you missed out information that was given to me prior. 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Pets is an example of a social contract with animals. I feed you. You can defend the house or play with me
Nah, that's friendship.  Its not the same.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Nah, that's friendship.  Its not the same.
What is the difference between a social contract and a friendship?

Just putting this here to wait for you to update your comment with the rest I ask for you to reply too. 

I think everyone should kill an animal for food once in their life, and feel a full respect for its will to live.
Why?

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Its the way I write things down, usually rather quickly as a brief distraction from the day or something like that.  You can just reply a little slower and you won't have issues in general, not just from me. 

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
My family has had a dog put down too.  It was practically crippled and had been living for years with cancer or something.  Have you ever heard of the story "old yeller"?

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Its the way I write things down, usually rather quickly as a brief distraction from the day or something like that.  You can just reply a little slower and you won't have issues in general, not just from me.  
How about take all the time you want in responding to my comment? I don't want whatever you call your standard when it comes to responding.
My family has had a dog put down too.  It was crippled and had been living for years with cancer or something.  Have you ever heard of the story "old yeller"?
Doesn't answer my questions so I will copy what I want from you here. If you do answer my question then I will answer you question:

Why?

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Yeah, I am inclined against capital punishment until its effectively removed.  I am not strictly against the death penalty though, sort of like I am not strictly against incarceration in state custody, but I recognize the death penalty as unjustifiable if something like incarceration would suffice to protect society.  Retribution, or otherwise trying to justify the taking of one's life for sake of punishment is morally irreconcilable as far as I am concerned.
and it is a problem for me
I'll keep that in mind as best I can.
Snoopy
Snoopy
How about take all the time you want in responding to my comment?
Sometimes I do take more time depending on the subject matter.  Then I might forget, or just never get around to having the time.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Your stance on pro-life and animal violence is contradictory.
You being for pro-life
I am generally inclined towards Pro-Life.
You being for animal violence
I think everyone should kill an animal for food once in their life, and feel a full respect for its will to live, among other things.
How can you be for pro-life when you are for the death of life?

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I think everyone should kill an animal for food once in their life, and feel a full respect for its will to live, among other things.

I don't understand what you are saying here.  I have killed many creatures, and it never got any easier to me.  People should experience something like that and their relationship with the world they live in.  I believe a full appreciation is something that should be experienced rather than just worded.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Nothing what you said earlier made it clear that it wasn't a contradiction. Try again.
You being for pro-life

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Nothing what you said earlier made it clear that it wasn't a contradiction. Try again.
You being for pro-life

Sure, have no problem with it.  I have dominion over animals.

So, I'm still not relating to the question.  It will have to die sooner or later, and it would be unnecessarily painful not to swiftly dispatch a critter before you start preparing it. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
So, I'm still not relating to the question. 
You said you are pro-life as in you want life to live. 
 It will have to die sooner or later, and it would be unnecessarily painful not to swiftly dispatch a critter before you start preparing it. 
You can say the same humans.
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Snoopy
seems someone is taking lessons from mustardness

hunting is also about management and conservation, but I'm sure you know that and the statement is more to clear up some others ignorance on the subject.

If everyone was vegan, then all farm animals should/would be stopped from reproducing and eventually be extinct since they have no purpose or need, is that a good thing?  dunno

being killed by a hunter is less gruesome than being killed by a predator.

I believe studies have shown there's not enough land to grow food on to sustain a total vegan population.  Then we can get into the chemicals required, roundup for everyone!,  and how corn and wheat are bad for humans.  then there's the whole gmo issue......
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I've killed plants as well, especially weeds and garden vegetables.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Are you vegan?  I would be interested in your philosophy, or really whatever you want to say about veganism.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
You didn't answer what I said. Ask me the questions until I think you have answered mine. 
So, I'm still not relating to the question. 
You said you are pro-life as in you want life to live. 
 It will have to die sooner or later, and it would be unnecessarily painful not to swiftly dispatch a critter before you start preparing it. 
You can say the same for humans.

Question was:

Do also respond to the second thing I quoted from you. 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Uh, what do you want me to say?  I am just pro-life for humans?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Uh, what do you want me to say?  I am just pro-life for humans?
Why didn't you make that clear?
The why is what I want answered which you tried but failed to say why you have this distinction so that it isn't arbitrary here: 
Do answer. 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I am just "for pro-life" for humans.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
hunting is also about management and conservation, but I'm sure you know that and the statement is more to clear up some others ignorance on the subject.
Well for me it is.  In terms of wildlife a lot of areas in America are ecologically flourishing in comparison to where they were at 100 years ago.  Did you know that Canadian Geese were hunted to near extinction?  Now they are the sky rats of unusual size.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
I am just "for pro-life" for humans.
Answer this below:
The why is what I want answered which you tried but failed to say why you have this distinction so that it isn't arbitrary here: 
Do answer.