Debates: 12
janesix
I am spiritually dead and it is my own fault
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Christ is risen from the dead trampling down death by death, and upon those in the tombs bestowing life.
janesix
janesix
Christ has not shown himself to me, why should I believe in him?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Do you want Christ to show himself to you?
janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
If he is real, yes.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Find an Orthodox Church. Attend the liturgies. Talk to the presbyrer(priest). Don't hide anything, be completely honest.

Be persistent.

If you really want it, you'll get it.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
Hmmm perhaps I will find the truth if I keep looking. 

Today I am working out my frustrations on internet strangers. I realize I am an ass for doing so. Would you say this is a personal flaw that I can overcome? Or am I "stuck" being a rotten person? Is it the behaviour that needs to change, or the mindset as well?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
It only takes the tiniest bit of faith, and mountains can be cast into the sea.

EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
I am spiritually dead and it is my own fault

Perhaps, but guess what that means? you have the power to become spiritually alive and awake.

Well I wouldn't say this to all people but just to you right now in this time of your life because I don't think you're some spiritual infant really or someone who doesn't know anything or have yet to thoroughly think things through, so it won't be a bad thing because I know you are an objective thinker already.
But as I said before it's time to put all that head knowledge of yours to practice, I think it's time to lay aside the skeptical approach/attitude if you haven't yet already. Knowing that you don't just accept things and you use commonsense just relax and embrace your spiritual position and what you've learned over the years, don't fight it rather work with it. Know that you are not missing anything, you just want to connect with something and perhaps feel like you're making some kind of progress. You have made progress though, but if you're unhappy with your frame of mind or negative disposition only you can change that, it's not a lack of spirituality but discipline.

You have all the knowledge you're just weak in the mental and emotional game not necessarily your spiritual game, know that you don't have to conflate your state of mind with your spiritual self too. You can actually be very far along spiritually because if you think about it it's really just knowledge, and a lot of times knowledge that can be applied. Even though spirituality will help the individual get stronger and wiser it's all a process, eventually your knowledge will coincide with your lifestyle but you have to put your attention there, just know that it's all in your control and within your abilities and there is no pressure for you to succeed. You will always be a part of God no matter how the chips fall, you can never mess that up.

Health and spirituality go hand in hand as well, because they both can maximize your well being in all aspects but not without you putting them in action. You hold all the keys and you have all the doors available to you. Try practicing some discipline, like small fasts (fruit fasts) and getting away from thought (the mind). These things will only serve to empower you and gain confidence where you are weak. But don't get caught up in the idea that you are somehow spiritually forsaken or lost, you ARE that and can never be anything other than a beautiful, magnificent spiritual being.

janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
Thanks etrnl, maybe i will do a fast. I am also thinking of a meditation retreat, but i don't really have the money for it right now. There are scholarships, and imight ask for one.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
maybe i will do a fast.

Yes! like I said it doesn't have to be a dry fast, you can fast with fruits which are the most nutritious and energetic foods you can consume so it will clean you and give you high energy. It will also help with your discipline mentally because you are practicing self restraint and dealing with cravings. 

By constantly doubting yourself it will also make you hesitant to extend the knowledge that you've acquired and trust to be true to other people who need your answers. Not knowing that when you do give people truth (your truth, not others) it builds your own confidence because you are giving others truth, when you give others your best the energy that lifts them up also lifts you up. So be confident in who you are because you're needed in this world big time but work on your discipline, don't get spiritually confused because of the mind and emotions just practice getting stronger in those areas. You're one of the most spiritual people I know, it's not really in how you think of yourself it's your natural intuition and flexibility, your willingness to understand the Creator. Don't ever forget your worth before God. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
Retreats are fun and I would never deny their benefits just remember you never need to go anywhere to be with God, you are the door to the eternal Creator there is no place you can find God. The Kingdom of God is within.
janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
Yes I know. But I think a retreat would let me focus on just that for a few days.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
It would.
janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
How long do you suggest the fruit fast? two days? three?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
First start with just single meals if you want. Like skip breakfast and eat nothing but really ripe, sweet fruits, melons, berries grapes ect ect. Then try to replace two meals, see how you like it and then eventually try a whole day and go from there. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
Jane, never listen to anyone who tells you to fast, they do not know your medical history. Always check with your doctor first and ask them for advice on fasting, don't get it from internet loonies.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
I would combine the fast with being more aware and conscious of your mind and thoughts, keeping your attitude grounded by putting more effort into settling yourself, controlling your reactions and thought patterns of negativity. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
First start with just single meals if you want. Like skip breakfast and eat nothing but really ripe, sweet fruits, melons, berries grapes ect ect. Then try to replace two meals, see how you like it and then eventually try a whole day and go from there. 
Do NOT do this Jane, this person has no idea what they're talking about. This person has an agenda and has no real interest in your personal health, if they did, they would tell you to talk to your doctor.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
How long do you suggest the fruit fast? two days? three?
Ask your doctor, Jane. Do not listen to that person, it could have serious affects on your health if you do.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
When you fast with fruits you don't deprive the body of nutrients, actually you're eating much more pure and clean, fruits are superior to any other food source this should be pretty obvious. Don't let any loonies try and discourage you from building yourself up. Even plain fats are beneficial because you're letting your body rest and cleanse itself, but it's not needed when you can consume fruit. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@Goldtop
Yes, I will do that first.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
Certainly fine, remember though this will be something you can physical observe not just blindly follow, in other words first hand experience what works. You can't do that without applying it. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
Certainly fine, remember though this will be something you can physical observe not just blindly follow, in other words first hand experience what works.
That would show proof positive no one should ever listen to you; first hand experience from you is talking with Overlords in other galaxies.

Goldtop
Goldtop
When you fast with fruits you don't deprive the body of nutrients, actually you're eating much more pure and clean, fruits are superior to any other food source this should be pretty obvious.
As we can see from internet loonies with agendas, this one doesn't take into account the blood sugar level of others who may tend towards diabetes if they eat just fruit.

Jane, this person is dead wrong about telling you what to do. See your doctor and DO NOT take this persons advice. At the very least, there are people who do care about your health, that person does not.

Goldtop
Goldtop
Don't let any loonies try and discourage you from building yourself up
As you can clearly see, Jane, me telling you to see your doctor about your personal health makes me a loonie, according to the person who is telling you what to eat, who does not care about your health, where their advice could lead to serious health affects for you.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Goldtop
Like I said, I will talk to my doctor first. I see my gp next week.
Goldtop
Goldtop
fruits are superior to any other food source this should be pretty obvious.
No, it's not obvious. To say one food is superior over another without any reasoning is like saying to someone with no legs that running is superior to walking. You are not a health professional by any stretch of the imagination. Stop telling people what to do before you seriously injure someone.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
Like I said, I will talk to my doctor first.
Thanks Jane, we may not agree on a lot of things, but I would never tell you to do something that would affect your health in negative ways, yet EtrnlVw has no problem with threatening your health.This is the kind of person he is, completely selfish.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@janesix
Have you tried running?