animal guides

Author: janesix

Total: 4
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
What does it mean when you dream about animals, especially if YOU are the animal?

Are they animal guides?

I dreamed i was a reindeer, and ive had dreams of bears and boars (which i take to have something to do with the polar stars and the precession of the equinxes). The deer i am unsure of though.
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
Dreams are cool because if you pay attention to them they can offer insights about your self or your circumstances especially if they are reoccurring. Not sure about animal "guides" but animals in dreams are symbolic, they have a definitive meaning they aren't really literal. Often times you can do an internet search and get the basic meaning of animals in dream states, there's an incredibly vast database on dream symbolism and animal dreams can have more than a single meaning. The subconscious is always speaking to us and dreams are no different, perhaps sometimes more vivid because our attention is on it while sleeping whereas during the waking state we are distracted. So dreams come in codes and symbolism and they are there whether the person is conscious of it or not.
Animals are used as a good analogy because they have definitive attributes, habits and routines. They always act accordingly to how they are to survive so they make for good instruction if one is listening.
I have reoccurring dreams of Grizzly bears not real familiar with the reindeer though, sometimes reading a few variations helps make it relevant to your life.
Here's only one I found interesting....
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Most animistic cultures have animal guides. Reindeer represent different things in different cultures. You can look up some myths in your region.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw

it was interesting.