white privilege exists

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 64
n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi

blacks are often discriminated against just because they are black. if you have black name on a resume you are less likely to be called. if you are black, you are more likely to be shot for the same crimes as white people. there are inherent set backs that exist if you live in the black ghetto. 

if you acknowledge that these things are true, which they are.... how can you deny white privilege exists?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@n8nrgmi
not this nonsense again, sigh

if you have black name on a resume you are less likely to be called.
so everyone of race x would be less likely to call back a person with a black name?  perhaps is where they chose to do their 'experiment' from?
Do you think it's unrealistic to choose a person by name whom you can pronounce rather than being corrected?
chances are if the name is in line with you then you will probably have more in common with that person so I would like to see a study were the person hiring is black and see if they do or do not favor applicants with "black names"

more likely to be shot for the same crimes as white people. 
false, stats show more whites are shot

there are inherent set backs that exist if you live in the black ghetto. 
there are inherent set backs that exist if you live in the ghetto. 

there I fixed that for you.

I deny white privilege exists because it in fact does not exist.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
Black skin is fine. Gangsta culture should be discriminated against, so if a gangsta applies for a job with pants around his ankles, show him the door and tell him to pick a better culture. It's not racist to tell a person of any skin color that his culture sucks ass.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
do ya'll deny that blacks are discriminated against more often than whites, and also tend to have more economic set backs? 

of course this is all true, it's obvious to anyone with a brain
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Greyparrot
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
I don't deny blacks with ghetto culture are discriminated against. Many are discriminated against by people of the same shade of skin. See "black cops" for reference.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
here is the studies that say whites are called back more than blacks. 

everyone can pronounce Jamal. if the credentials are exactly the same, it's either a conscious or unconscious prejudice. hence white privilege. 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Greyparrot
so are you for real implying it's only ghetto blacks that get discriminated against more often than whites? 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
Of course. And it does not matter how much money you have, if you are raised in a race baiting culture, people from outside your culture are going to treat you like a weirdo, which is why Obama said the Cambridge police acted badly, because Obama was brought up in a race baiting culture.

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts

are whites shot by police more often? of course they are. but not at the same rate. you are confusing a basic statistical concept. here is some evidence...
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@n8nrgmi

Okay, I have a short critique for you. All of the examples you provided in the OP do not demonstrate any sort of privilege based on "white" but rather nods to injustice on the basis of "black".  Skin tone does not make one more prone to violence or necessitate that one lives in a ghetto.  Either someone perceives a need to shoot you or they don't, and that is generally where getting shot comes from as it pertains to crime.

In this context you contend that "white people" are categorically "privileged", not just that "white privilege" is exhibited in existing social constructs under specific circumstance.

What kind of policy are the people who contend "white privilege" as a national phenomenon interested in?

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Snoopy
look at the links i posted. it doesn't matter what your credentials are, or what crime you committed, you are still more likely to be not called back or shot, if you are black. i concur with you that if a black person looks or acts gangsta, you can and should discriminate against them. this is more than that, though. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
Racism is never going to be a thing of the past until all the racebaiters die off from old age and the new generation can forget what it was like when you could excuse bad behavior due to the shade of your skin.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi

here is more on race and police shootings 

you can find this study in the last link. it talks about implicit bias. where people are generally more likely to shoot someone because they are black. 

i agree blacks do kill more, so increased fear is somewhat justifable. but this still shows white privilege as you're not as likely to be shot. it's not fair that bad blacks give a bad name to good blacks, but that's still the truth. i think i read once that even blacks shoot blacks more often. but it's still a racial bias, an privilege
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Greyparrot
i'm not really a race baiter. i'm just calling a spade a spade. you can't can't adequately rebut hard science, or basic logic. 

i'm probably more racist than you guys too. i have more bias when im inconvenienced by a black person more than a white. this i concede is racist. things i'm not racist about, but could be called so: i suspect blacks of wrong doing more than whites. i think we'd be better off no letting blacks import from africa, even the smart ones, cause many of them will assimilat to ghetto life and such. inferno at debate.org always was on my case about being a racist, even though i'm not. i just have some minor racist thoughts, and am racially aware. 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
i also think blacks are not as smart as whites. i can argue the science behind this with the best of them, though. doesn't mean i'm racist. perhaps more so than you guys. 

my point, is i have no reason to race bait. i'm just calling a spade a spade, and showing you guys as unable to rebut basic science, and basic logic. 
Mopac
Mopac
White priviledge. Hah. I love it when white people own up to their privilege.

It is kind of like saying, "I'm privileged to be white."

The kind of white people who go on about this make me wonder if they realize how racist it sounds.

From now on, when a white person says "I acknowledge my white privilege", I am going translate this in my head to "I am a white supremacist. "

Buahahaha

Mopac
Mopac
*at work, looks around*

There are like 5 white people here, everybody else is black. Like 50 employees? 4 out of 5 supervisors are black. Manager is black.

Lol

Ok, there are more than 5 white people here, but seriously, well over half of the people who work here are black.

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Mopac
are you of the african orthodox persuasion? 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@n8nrgmi
The Eritrean community goes to my church, but it is actually an Antiochan church. Eastern Orthodox.

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@n8nrgmi
there is also a black privilege thing do where black will quickly acquit the whites as "evil" and accuse them of crimes when the jury is majority white and will lower the sentence if he was black or not black

JUSSIE SMOLLET IS THE BEST EXAMPLE OF BLACK, HOLLYWOOD PRIVILEGE 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@n8nrgmi

do ya'll deny that blacks are discriminated against more often than whites, and also tend to have more economic set backs? 

of course this is all true, it's obvious to anyone with a brain
that could show a disadvantage to being black, not white privilege
in the job b.s. did they do the same kind of thing with just black and Hispanic names?  asian? middle eastern?  would the "black" names still get picked last?  would an asian name get picked before a white name?  see where I'm going with this?  their "experiment" was laughable putting it kindly.
white privilege has been debunked because it's a unicorn, just another fairy tale.

Mopac
Mopac
The same white supremacists who brought you white privilege are the ones who say that it is racist to require an ID to vote, because black people are too stupid/incompetent to have IDs or something.

Really though, try this as an experiment. Go out on the street(uh oh, I said street. The blackness! Lol) and ask every black person you see if they have an ID. I bet you'll soon find that it is weirder to see someone without an ID than with.

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
the disadvantage of not being white, is just another name for white privilege. a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. damn it, logic! it will do that to ya. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@n8nrgmi
is it?
is it better, worse or the same to be asian, hispanic, middle eastern, pick your own when compared to black?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@n8nrgmi
the disadvantage of not being white, is just another name for white privilege. a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. damn it, logic! it will do that to ya. 

Are you saying that white genes are supreme?

So how is white privilege not another way of saying white supremacy?

Also, how is acknowledging your white privilege not an admission of being a white supremacist?

Quite a burden for the white man, eh?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
Well let's be honest here. If I were to say I am privileged with superior DNA for having white skin, that would most certainly make myself a racist.

In fact, every white person who acknowledges white skin privilege is by default a racist white skin apologist.

Guess we have to wait for all the junk science racists to die off so that the next generation can't remember what it was like when your skin color meant something significant about your superiority or privilege.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot

This video is hilarious at exposing the indoctrinated racism on the left.

Mopac
Mopac
The same white supremacists who came up with white privilege are the ones who go on tv and talk about what the black community feels about the issue as if black people were some kind of monolithic entity.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
The height of hubris with the junk science racists are those that believe the shade of your skin definitively determines your overall DNA makeup.

There was an outrageous youtube video I saw where a dark skinned youtuber sent a DNA sample out to 23-and-me, and then had a complete emotional breakdown when she found out that her DNA was mostly European.

Your skin color does NOT mean shit unless you are a follower of junk science.