So the Gov. of Alabama, want to force rape victims to give birth.

Author: YeshuaRedeemed

Total: 263
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@sadolite
What does morality have to do with this subject?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
So you think, as a non thinking organism, that you can poke your nose into a woman's body to determine that a fetus exists? You are an imbecilic childish wanker.
disgusted
disgusted
@pollywanna.
How long have you pursued this absurd level of pig ignorance?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
since they want me to mind my own business, even when there is an innocent life being killed in the process.

How do you know?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Your surgeon has no right to remove your tumor, rights are not transferrable, good thinking for a non thinker.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Vader
Give us more military weapons. We demand the right to kill hundreds of kids at once, but we demand that women have no autonomous control of their own bodies.
Kill children by the hundreds because that is our right, but women don't have rights.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Vader
I also don't walk around a scared paranoid fearmonger. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@disgusted
I'd rather hire bodyguards with guns to shoot that shooter then have him come in and kill 100
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Vader
I'd rather let teachers arm themselves.  It's more effective then a guard.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Alec
I will say that it seems logically inconsistent to me to be advocating for more guns given your feelings about killing even masses of cells with no significant brain function.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@secularmerlin
But advocating for more guns when held in the hands of law abiding citizens reduces the homicide rate and/or defends against a potentially tyrannical government to the citizens.  Pro life laws defend against a potentially tyrannical mother to the fetus.

killing even masses of cells with no significant brain function.
A sleeping person doesn't have significant brain function.  Does this mean that killing them is okay?  No.  Also, post born humans are technically bundles of cells too.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Alec
Like most people, I was raised by a tyrannical mother. Somehow I survived though.  
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Alec
But advocating for more guns when held in the hands of law abiding citizens reduces the homicide rate and/or defends against a potentially tyrannical government to the citizens. 
Statistics are mostly meaningless and correlation does not equal causation but statistically speaking world wide geographical locations with stricter gun laws suffer less gun related homicide. As for defending yourself from a tyrannical government the small arms you are advocating for are no longer a viable leans of accomplishing this goal. You had better get some anti aircraft laser guided guns and some tactical armed drones.
Pro life laws defend against a potentially tyrannical mother to the fetus.
You don't seem particularly worried about a tyrranical government when discussing uteruses. In fact you call for government invasion of uteruses all over the country. That is also logically incongruous.
A sleeping person doesn't have significant brain function.  
Your brain actually becomes highly active while you are dreaming. 
Also, post born humans are technically bundles of cells too.
All organisms are either one cell or a bundle of cells. Being a bundle of cells does not grant rights or a cockroach would have rights and in my kitchen at least they do not.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
The only correlation between guns and abortion is the right of the citizen. No one can be forced to buy guns or have an abortion. Just like on one should be forced to not own guns or have an abortion. Other than that this is a stupid friggin argument. If you are ok killing people with a gun for any reason don't blame a women who wants to terminate a pregnancy before the thing is even a person. 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
"family planning" is different from lawful personal defense.

Lethal force is exercised with intent to kill, disproportionately, and without a reasonable fear of severe bodily harm
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Snoopy
self defense doesn't always end in death, nor is it the actual intent and purpose, abortion however.....
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
--> @Polytheist-Witch
The only correlation between guns and abortion is the right of the citizen. No one can be forced to buy guns or have an abortion. Just like on one should be forced to not own guns or have an abortion. Other than that this is a stupid friggin argument. If you are ok killing people with a gun for any reason don't blame a women who wants to terminate a pregnancy before the thing is even a person. 

Well stated.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@secularmerlin
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Snoopy
Confirming the consequence. "I heard of this one bad thing that happened this one time because of one bad person so this thing which I am associating with it must also be bad".

It sounds like the problem is with the small minutia of the law not the intent. 

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@secularmerlin
Honestly, how many people do you know that think we have a right to kill people for any reason?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Snoopy
You have been pregnant? 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Are you a doctor?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Snoopy
The issue is not killing people but what qualifies as a person and what qualifies as a right and which people qualify for which rights.

You will notice that I used the word qualify (Or some conjugation thereof) several times in that sentence. This is not a mistake. It is to highlight rights and personhood are qualified not quantified.

That is to say that we cannot measure personhood. We don't detect rights. We just decide what they mean to us.

Quantifiable facts are si.ply cold analytical data. They are inherently meaningless.

Qualified distinctions are the meaning we assign to the quantifiable. They are meaningful and by necessity entirely subjective (neither inherently true or false ).

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Are you a doctor? If you are a doctor, you should be able to crush an infant's head with the consent of the mother for any reason.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Snoopy
No and neither is the Alabama Senate. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Snoopy
That is not a law anywhere but you keep trying. Maybe you would ok with partial birth abortion, not the topic here at all but yeah you people always go there, if the dr shot the kid in the head.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
You should still be able to shoot them with her consent of course.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Snoopy
For a right? Yes my point. Thanks. Right to guns, right to terminate life support inside your own body. 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Do you need her consent if you've been pregnant before?

How does that factor in?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Snoopy

Who is giving out non consensual abortions? Do tell.