So the Gov. of Alabama, want to force rape victims to give birth.

Author: YeshuaRedeemed

Total: 263
DarthVader1
Debates: 6
DarthVader1
-->
@disgusted
Sure,buddy. What about it?
FaustianJustice
Debates: 0
FaustianJustice
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Because draconian laws such as the current ones weren't crafted until recently.

"there is no law that I can think of that would prevent a state to regulate healthcare services via regulations, licences and privileges to prevent doctors from preforming or limiting them."  You think rationally.  The people that put laws like Georgia's abortion law into motion don't think rationally, at least with regards to a non-authoritarian society.  
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@DarthVader1
I'm pretty sure Disgusted is a girl.  She is the leader of the war on men movement.
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@FaustianJustice
Because draconian laws such as the current ones weren't crafted until recently.

"there is no law that I can think of that would prevent a state to regulate healthcare services via regulations, licences and privileges to prevent doctors from preforming or limiting them."  You think rationally.  The people that put laws like Georgia's abortion law into motion don't think rationally, at least with regards to a non-authoritarian society.  

Hopefully this isn't taken the wrong way, given the nature of the context of your discussion.  It should almost go without saying that it wouldn't be an inappropriate policy that a doctor who doesn't value human life could have their license revoked.  

DarthVader1
Debates: 6
DarthVader1
-->
@DBlaze
Man....those European girls.....
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Snoopy
Hopefully this isn't taken the wrong way, given the nature of the context of your discussion.  It should almost go without saying that it wouldn't be an inappropriate policy that a doctor who doesn't value human life could have their license revoked. 
Surgeons are notorious sociopaths. [LINK] and [LINK]

So what's your proposal, fire all surgeons?
FaustianJustice
FaustianJustice
-->
@Snoopy
Maybe a doctor doesn't value a clump of unwanted cells to be any more human life than brain cancer or colon cancer.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@FaustianJustice
A fetus has a heart and a brain by 6 weeks.  Don't believe me?  Look it up.
Alec
Alec
-->
@disgusted
You want to prohibit states from banning pre 20 week abortion.  If a state were to not care about Roe, what would the punishment be for states that contradict Roe V Wade if you alone could make the call?  If there is no punishment (there is currently none) then what is the point of the law existing?
FaustianJustice
FaustianJustice
-->
@Alec

Its not that I don't believe you, its that I don't consider a tadpole to be a frog.

Humans have a 4 chambered heart.  That doesn't exist six weeks post conception.

Humans have 3 pronounced areas of the brain.  That doesn't exist six weeks post conception.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
You want to prohibit states from banning pre 20 week abortion.

What an absolutely cretinous statement. You are some special kind of special needs kiddy.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Alec
If there is no punishment (there is currently none) then what is the point of the law existing?
The entire ruling hinges on protecting patient-doctor confidentiality.
Alec
Alec
-->
@FaustianJustice
It's still a heart and a brain.  If a human had a very underdeveloped brain and had down syndrome, would this merit the death penalty for them?  If not, then why would it merit a fetus the death penalty?
FaustianJustice
FaustianJustice
-->
@Alec
And its still the heart and brain of a tadpole, not a frog, if you want to return to the salient part of my post.

Once born, there is no denying rights (at least in the US, its pretty well laid out in the Constitution).

Not being old enough to have rights, on the other hand, especially if you aren't actually the thing we confer rights too, is what is relevant.

Alec
Alec
-->
@FaustianJustice
A tadpole does not look like a frog.  This is largely if not entirely what separates it from a frog.  A fetus looks like a human at around 6 weeks after conception (https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/pregnancy-week-by-week/in-depth/prenatal-care/art-20045302).

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Alec
So people are trying to force people to give up guns....THEY NEVER GOT SHOT OR OWE GUNS SO INVALID
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Alec
opps, didn't ,mean to tag you
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
Gotta love the consistency of conservatives that want to make government so small it fits inside a woman’s uterus.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Ramshutu
Or conferring personhood to a clump of cells with human DNA.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Greyparrot
Yeah - that doesn’t sound deserving of personhood.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Ramshutu
Seems like any abortion statute is conferring legal personhood on a fetus at various stages of development by conferring rights of life to a fetus that can then supersede the rights of a woman.

Until the Congress sets the standard for personhood, the issue will always be at the arbitrary whims of State law.
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
Life is not deserved
FaustianJustice
FaustianJustice
-->
@Alec
A tadpole doesn't look like a frog, because it isn't.

Kinda like how a fetus/embryo isn't a person.  I mean, if its the looks you think that are the major differences, I can understand why this entire subject is difficult for you.

On the matter of looks, to me it looks like a bear embryo.  Or an ape embryo.  Do those get personhood, too?