And if so how?
And if so how can you tell?
And if so can you supply some examples?
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@vagabond
I don't know but i have seen some crazy things that shouldn't have been possible. I don't know how. I've always thought my higher power can only effect this world through me, but i've seen things move on their own, and have heard sounds consistent with things like footsteps... so i wonder. Maybe it has something to do with virtual particles or something small that we can't see. Or, maybe even a reality that is right next to us but invisible to us. The answer should be that none of us have a clue... but, since i am not alone in experiencing weird stuff, there is enough evidence to at the very least suspect there are aspects of reality we still have no clue about.     

vagabond
vagabond
-->
@Outplayz
You're talking about imagination not reality.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Outplayz
You've seen things move on their own?
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@vagabond
You're talking about imagination not reality.

No i am not. Two of the experiences i've had were with others there to witness it. One of them stuff moving, one of them sounds. If all my experiences were only me witnessing them i would question my sanity. But, that isn't the case. You can believe what you want. It won't change the reality that i have a different set of evidence presented to me than you do. I can only comment on what i know, and what i know is that i have witnessed weird phenomena... so have countless other people therefore i would say they count as evidence. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
Yep, unfortunately i have. It isn't a good thing bc things like this play with your mind years later. It's kinda sad that my spiritual experiences are the strongest memories i have retained throughout the years. I shared one of my moving objects with Smithereens so i will just copy and paste it in case you are curious. I have had two other experiences that involve sounds but this one is the most profound in my opinion. You can ask my critical questions of it too if you want... i've thought of everything from unconsciously moving it to a group hallucination... but, none of these are true for i know i didn't move my hand and i know i don't hallucinate.  

Okay second experience which is a shorter story thankfully, my hands are tired i've been typing all day. I went with a friend to one of his friends houses. The house was thrashed, everything everywhere, some holes in the walls, so i jokingly told the guy, "hey is your house haunted or something." As soon as i said that his eye's lit up. He said, "how did you know." I said know what? That my house is haunted. Then i started teasing him, bc i am naturally skeptical. This happened before the previous one btw... i would have been less skeptical if that had happened first. But at this point, i really didn't believe in spirit stuff. So i kept teasing. 

He started to share some of the "ghost" stories in his house. They were pretty profound. Things like his stuff being thrown. His clothing thrashing around by itself. Stuff like that. He thought whatever the "ghost" was is evil and "out to get him." At that point i thought, well if it can do all that, it should be able to spin my necklace. So i took off my necklace and i told him... hey, if you are serious tell it to spin my necklace. He agreed. This is the crazy part. I told him to wait. My mind was all scientific at this point. I said wait so i can watch the natural spin. I held my arms on my knees, got comfortable, used my other hand for more stabilization and said okay... i'm ready. He started yelling "spin it, spin it" The light right spin turned into a medium spin, to a hard right spin... i still didn't believe and said no way... tell it to stop it. He yelled to stop it, the right spin slowed, and came to a stop... i still didn't believe... i thought the natural spin is right, the hard spin was right... it should be impossible for it to go left, so i said tell it to spin left... he asked and so did we receive. It literally stopped the small right spin, started spinning left, to a hard left spin. I dropped the necklace at that point freaked the hell out. 

The thing with this one is i can't even say coincidence. I am lost on this one. I've tried to replicate it and the only way it could have spun as hard as it did from me holding it was that i spun it. Even if it was subconscious... i had to spin it, moving my hands around... my hands were still. So... this sorta brought me over to the dark side... especially since a week later he died of a drug overdose.. haunting the experience even more. 

janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@vagabond
Sure, why not? he created reality.
vagabond
vagabond
-->
@janesix
Your god did? How do you claim to know?
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@vagabond
I didn't claim that.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Outplayz
By right and left spin do you mean clockwise or counterclockwise?
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
Clockwise / Counterclockwise right/left spins. The part that was craziest to me was when the spin would reach its peak i could feel the chain of the necklace just about to hit on my nails. Something that would have only been possible if i had physically spun it. Anyways that gives you an idea of the spin's circumference too.   

Castin
Castin
I'm having some trouble visualizing. Was it just a chain/cord, or was there a medallion on it acting as a spinning weight? Were you spinning it like a lasso, or holding it like a pendulum and spinning it?
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
I was holding my hands steady sitting down on a bed. It was a thin chained necklace... probably not real metal but some kind of fake metal and it had a ring on it. So the ring was the weight and the chain itself was probably pretty much as light as a string (just slightly had any weight to it). I had one of my hands around my wrist while i pinched the necklace with my thumb, ring finger and middle finger. I wasn't spinning it at all. My hands were static. I've tried to recreate it but what i noticed is the only way to get it to spin the way it did is for my wrist to move. My wrist was still when it was happening. That's why the only natural explanation i can think of isn't really convincing. Since both my friends were yelling spin it... i thought maybe i subconsciously spun it due to their influence somehow. But, my wrist would have had to move for it to spin as much as it did, and my wrist was static so i have no clue how it happened.   
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
Opps i meant thumb, index and middle fingers. 
Castin
Castin
-->
@Outplayz
Ah okay, I thought you started spinning it when your friend said to. I wasn't getting that he was talking to the ghosts.

Sounds like a spooky experience, man. I guess my first thought would be magnetism. Any chance that was at play?
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
That could be the case. I wanted to go back and try it again but the kid died... which made it even more spooky. However, when i was doing it... that partly was why i told him to tell it to stop and then to spin left. I thought if there is something natural at play spinning it right... stopping it and then going left should be impossible. So i don't see if magnetism is at play how it can stop and then go left. Especially since it was all on command. 

The only natural explanation i can think of is that i subconsciously spun it myself. But then i run into the problem of how since my hands and wrist weren't moving. Even when i tried recreating it... i swear i held it at home for like 30 minutes and the only way i could get the big spin was to physically spin it. So... i have no clue. 

I sorta had another spiritual experience where someone had an experience and died the next day. I thought maybe when you are close to your death, you are more susceptible to spiritual experiences. It's a big question mark either way.   
Castin
Castin
Shit, I didn't even say sorry your friend died. My bad.

I don't know how natural magnetism could move the necklace on command either, unless it wasn't natural magnetism and someone was controlling it. And your friend was sitting beside you not doing anything with his hands, right?

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
Yep i was looking at their hands to make sure it wasn't a trick. I didn't see either of them moving their hands in anyway that would be circular. But that could be something i missed and it was a trick. But my friend that is alive would have told me if they were tricking me by now. In any case, that is another natural explanation. But... for him to have that set up just for us in a random meet up moment... again, another natural explanation that i feel doesn't live up to being the clear cause.  

Every spiritual experience i have had has been associate with a really bad or tragic event. I wonder if these experiences are a way of warning us about an impending bad event. I've also thought maybe it's my minds way of coping. But, this one out of like 3 others, is a shared experience... thankfully, or else i would have thought i am insane by now since i have had more than a dozen experiences. Not all as profound as this one but still... i really don't know why me. 

And thanks. He was more my other friend's friend, but it is still sad he passed away. He was a really down to earth dude. 
Castin
Castin
-->
@Outplayz
So he was acting like the ghosts did his bidding.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
Don't know what you mean.. What do you mean "he acted like the 'ghosts' did his bidding." Who are we talking about? 
vagabond
vagabond
-->
@janesix
Somebody elses god did. OK
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@vagabond
How...God affects reality is by first bringing it into existence, otherwise there would be no you and I, no reality where you and I could take part in. God can affect our reality both indirectly and directly. Indirectly through means of external control and directly...through you and I.

How one can tell.....is by the study and participation of spirituality. This is the doorway that bridges the gap between belief and experience.

Some examples......would be a wide range of testimonial based evidences. It would involve the witness of believers testifying that God has indeed affected their reality in many ways, various ways and through many avenues and doorways. Examples in this context I would believe would do you no personal favors. So there's no reason to expand on that unless you were actually open to it, and that's most likely outa the question for a troll. Nice try though....
Castin
Castin
-->
@Outplayz
Don't know what you mean.. What do you mean "he acted like the 'ghosts' did his bidding." Who are we talking about? 
Sorry, I meant it sounded like your friend was giving the ghosts verbal commands ("spin it", "stop it") and they were obeying.
vagabond
vagabond
-->
@Castin
And this terribly obedient ghost is the same one that trashed the guys house and is out to get him.
Amazing.
Castin
Castin
-->
@vagabond
The ghosts obviously only respond to necklace spinning commands. Absolute malevolent monsters who tear your house apart to terrorize you, until a dude with a necklace walks in.

Srsly tho I may be misunderstanding what he meant.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
Oh i see what you are saying. Maybe. However, i highly doubt it was a "ghost" ... i don't believe in ghosts. I believe we have higher selves that is a part of an infinite consciousness/intelligence. Therefore, i believe it was his higher self... or mine/my friends. Since all of my spiritual experiences have happened before tragic events... i am speculating that in those moments one may be closer to their higher selves and possible that is what allows these events to happen. I believe the idea of a ghost is silly. But the idea that you have ultimate power in a higher self form that can, at times, interact with this world.. makes a whole lot more sense in a metaphysical sense. And, if it is your higher self... then it also makes sense it can communicate its power or being there through silly things such as moving objects, sounds or other.  
Castin
Castin
Why do you believe we have an all-powerful higher self?
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
My God is literally The Ultimate Reality.

That being the case, there is no reality that exists outside of my God.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Castin
In a metaphysical sense, it is the only thing that makes sense to me. I follow an "if" rabbit hole. For me, i am coming at it from both experiences and observations... so, i have come to the conclusion it is the best platform that can explain metaphysical questions. The first "if" starts out with infinity. If we live in such a reality where infinity is the platform, i don't see why everything isn't possible. Think about it, our universe created intelligence. Our universe came into existences and after so much time of evolving there is a planet know that has conscious beings. Furthermore, it has created a level of intelligence that can also create, imagine, etc. I find this type of intelligence "human intelligence" to be mind bendingly amazing. Why? bc i also believe the platform is infinite. And for intelligence to exist in general blows my mind in regards to the implications of what it has the potential to be in an infinite setting. 

Then i keep going, well... what would it look like in this infinite setting? I don't see why a mind only needs a brain. That is our world and our world is such a speck to everything. So then, can an infinite setting create a consciousness within the setting that is also infinite? I don't see why it couldn't. There are many ways one can think of it could happen. An entire universe can arrange in some way, in some other universe, that creates a universal mind and poof... we have a universal consciousness. Then, there can be other ways that just energy arranges and creates an intelligence... and, poof we have an incorporeal infinite intelligence. Why not? If we truly live in an endless reality i don't see why it isn't not only possible but highly probable especially bc intelligence exists. 

After that i follow down to trying to define it. This part is kinda hard. Bc by definition, a finite consciousness has no chance in figuring out an infinite consciousness. So, i don't try to define the infinite consciousness too much although i have had an experience feeling this infinite type. It is an experience most people try to have calling it "enlightenment" or whatever... but i wasn't trying to have it, i just accidentally did. When i felt this infinite reality, all i remember is wanting to leave it. Bc i felt all knowing... i remember feeling like i knew everything. My start and why i am here, to the ending. Every ending. I remember that was really scary bc it felt like i was nothing. So, i can kinda define it to that degree. That knowing everything felt like none-existence. What i took from this experience is that being finite and existing for a short experience would actually be a logical creation of an immortal intelligence to "experience" what it already knows. 

Now some people think this infinite intelligence is what started everything, and some believe that it was a byproduct of an infinite platform. I don't know, either way could make sense. The reason i believe we have higher selves is bc i believe with are all one individual created within this infinite intelligence. This is another part where i try to define it, so i may be way off. I just feel that if everything is happening within this infinite intelligence ("i call source btw" ), then being socially and individuals makes most sense. I am basically anthropomorphizing here. If we are individuals here, and it seems every experience we can imagine involves some sort of individual experiencing it... it is logical that inside the source we have all individualized to experience.

This goes back to being infinite and omniscience isn't truly existing. In that state, you are just a part of this source. To experience you need to be an individual. So, i think we all have higher selves that are our forms to experience. Your personality will manifest itself over and over in different experiences to fill the role/character that the experience or reality needs. And if you choose not to... you remain within the infinite mind. However, i sorta generalize that now one will want to simply remain as the source. 

The last things is that this method explains everything religion can't, and spiritual experiences... mine and others. For, it makes no sense why any "other" would be hanging out in the sky doing these little sign to me... wouldn't it have something better to do? But, it makes sense if it is me. I am the one giving myself these spiritual experiences to guide and alter who i need to be here. I've already written a lot so i will stop. It is a very long hypothesis. I have basically tried to shorten it by skipping a lot of points so if your curious just ask me questions to clarify anything i left out or skipped over.   

Castin
Castin
-->
@Outplayz
I agree that it's amazing human intelligence came to exist in this universe. But why do you think reality is infinite? Our study of the universe seems to suggest that it had a beginning and it will have an end.

I may have more questions later.