where is the evidences outside of christianity?

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 25
n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi

when i think of a reason to be a theist or christian i look at things that look supernatural. here is a link with more on that....

so we see lots of christian near death experiences, seeing a being of light as Jesus and such. where are all the examples of non christian NDEs? i saw one once where a guy thought some shadowly figures were hindu gods, but i don't know of many others like that. that could have been just an interpretation that is wrong of an experience. where are the other examples? i see lots of christian, but non christian is lacking. i know at nderf.org the founder of that research said he only has less than a hundred examples of non western NDEs, so it's not like there's a lot to go on. should we just take it on faith that there's a bunch of NDEs going on that are anotehr religion? id ask about atheist NDEs but i know they happen to them too, as most atheists come back believing in God. 
and of course even if there are examples, it's far fetched to think there's some hallucinatory story embedded in our brain that manifests itself when we're almost dead to the point of no return. 

also, i see lots of things that look like christian miracles. where are the other faith miracles? i see lots of examples that turn out to be scams, where are the authentic examples at? and why don't things that look supernatural like the things that happen to theists, happen to atheists? where's that evidence at? 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Mopac
i know you don't like to base faith or other things on miracles, but how do you view miracles that happen to the non orthodox? 

do you think non orthodox christians can be saved? are you like modern day catholics who say other christians can be saved, but only if they are mystically united to their / your church? or are you like old traditional catholics who say no christian outside of your religion can be saved?
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@n8nrgmi
You've probably heard the saying that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

We have long understood that even demons can perform miracles, and so we consider it a big mistake to place your faith in miracles. If you have faith in the miracles themselves, it is like coming to Jesus because its like a never ending fish fry! If you feed them, they will come, right?

When it comes to those outside of the church, the official position of the church seems to be "God knows the hearts of men, it is not for us to judge"

Likewise, the parable of the fishing net shows that not all who are drawn into the church are good fish.

Really, God knows. Lord have mercy.

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Mopac
what do you think of those orthodox who say the official teaching is "no one outside the orthodox faith can be saved"? 

what does it say about the orthodox faith that you guys can't even agree on a basic teaching like that? who has the final word and why, in this specific dispute? 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Mopac
jesus complained of the jews, because he said he performed miracles, and even then they wouldn't believe. so i wouldnt discount miracles completely. but i have sympathy for the argument to not make it one's whole faith or only reason for believing. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@n8nrgmi
We certainly believe in miracles. In fact, there are many miracles attributed to saints even up into modern times.

I think a better way of putting it is that on the day of resurrection, we might find that there are some in the church that we didn't think were in the church.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@n8nrgmi
Theophany is quite the miracle, when the blind see and the deaf hear!

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@n8nrgmi
If we can get a show of hands from the theists, Who's in the correct religious group ? 
I bet every theists on this site is in the correct religious group. ( as we speak ) 
Now with the number of religious groups in the tens of thousands and the fact that all you guys are in the correct one , i ask. 
Is this not a miracle ?

Also if the numbers are as i suspect,  we need to utilize this.
Theists need to teach allllllllllll how to choose the correct religious group. 
Beliving in God is easy , its picking the correct religious group that makes it difficult. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Mopac
We have long understood that even demons can preform miracles ?

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Mopac
We have long understood that even demons can preform miracles ?

WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
-->
@Mopac
The MIRACLE is the ILLUSION YOU create between your ears.....there are no boundaries to the IMAGINATION...

Sadly YOUR BRAIN is so super saturated with JESUS - CHURCH DOGMA - BIBLE VOMIT all you can do is 
throw it all up on others who are too STUPID to think and reason for themselves any truly INTELLIGENT 
OPEN MINDED human will NEVER fall for your pathetic STAGECRAFT....

It does not matter what anyone on EARTH thinks ...only YOUR VOMIT counts !   thankfully the movement to RID
humanity of the abrahamic GOD hoaxes is well under way...the GODS are Alien Astronauts....visitors and 
exploiters of EARTH'S resources....they genetically engineered the modern human form...

It's truly amazing how STUPID the masses are to fall for PREACHER VAMPIRE Jew - Jesus - Allah VOMIT...
and YOU are a perfect example of the HYPNOSIS JESUS PSYCHOSIS.... you are among the LIVING DEAD..
99% of your existence is based on needing APPROVAL and VALIDATION to exist and die by some Parasite
VAMPIRE preacher....you are to consumed by the JESUS INFESTATION and DOGMA DISEASE to 
experience a full life....go now and pray your life away....

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@WisdomofAges
Jesus loves you.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Certainly, demons can grant people the ability to work wonders. 

It is even written in scripture

"For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
I was a Christian and had a NDE and woke up a non Christian. I now practice a completely different faith. Most pagans don't usually attribute things to miracles because:  

We believe the dead, spirits and gods work to help us on a regular basis not throw out random miracles to show off.
That signs and omen happen all around us. 
That fate is fate. If you recover from cancer it's just not your time to die from cancer. 

I often felt the Holy Spirit or Christ move in my life when a Christian and do the same now with my dead and the spirits/gods I work with. They are personal and not miracles but the way the universe works. Miracles are labeled as such for conversion purposes. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@n8nrgmi

where are all the examples of non christian NDEs?

I suppose the Muslims had to get in on the act.

Muslim man has amazing near death experience Part 1

Muslim amazing near death experience - Part 2.

Near-Death Experiences and Islam

There are hundreds of muslim NDE's  but like you I am far too lazy to look them all up.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Stephen
did you even watch a little bit of htose youtube videos? they are about a muslim who had a NDE and converted to christianity. 

the near death link you posted just explains muslim beliefs but doesn't show any credible NDEs. im sure there's a story or two like the experiene of muhammed that could be made up. i'm talking about modern time examples.

if there are hundreds of examples, where are any? and im sure they experience it, but do they have islamic experiences in their NDE? 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@n8nrgmi

did you even watch a little bit of htose youtube videos? they are about a muslim who had a NDE and converted to christianity. 

Yes and what ?  He had a NDE and he wasn't christian at the fkn time he had it, He was Muslim. And I notice you still, that  you haven't even tried researching for cases of  NDE in other religions for yourself. 

How about this that you didn't bother yourself to search  for!

Abstract: Among other authors, Joel Ibrahim Kreps (2009) has recently published accounts of Muslim near-death experiences (NDEs). With the present paper, we aim to contribute to the growing number of non-Western NDE reports by providing summaries of eight additional Muslim NDEs, seven translated from the original Italian source (Giovetta, 2007) and one from an English source (Lerma, 2009), and to provide references for further reading. In addition, we highlighted noteworthy features of these eight summarized NDE accounts. Although the documentation standard of the available cases is generally low, these accounts indicate that the structure and contents of NDEs from many ... continued below in link below.

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Stephen
you must have missed the point. the point isn't whether non christian religions have people who have NDEs. it's whether the NDEs show distinctly non chrisitan elements, like visiting Muhammed or something like that. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@n8nrgmi
you must have missed the point.[.......] it's whether the NDEs show distinctly non chrisitan elements, like visiting Muhammed or something like that. 

This is what you asked for in your OP

where are all the examples of non christian NDEs? 
I gave you some examples because you were just too lazy to look for yourself. Now you are appending your question 17 posts later to stop yourself looking silly.
Maybe you should have structured your question more clearly and asked for examples of peoples of  religions other than Christianity  who have come back from a NDE and tell of seeing their god,  such as a muslim seeing Allah. see the difference?
crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
some evidence for god

humans have
2 eyes
2 ears
1 nose
1 mouth

dogs have

2 eyes
2 ears
1 nose
1 mouth

horses have 

2 eyes
2 ears
1 nose
1mouth

kangaroos
have

2 eyes
2 ears
1 nose
1 mouth

bears have
2 eyes
2 ears
1 nose
1 mouth

beavers have
2 eyes
2 ears
1 nose
1 mouth

rabbits have

2 eyes
2 ears
1 nose
1 mouth

deer have
2 eyes
2 ears
1 nose
1 mouth

tiger have 
2 eyes
2 ears
1 nose
1 mouth

lions have
2 ears
2 eyes
1 nose 
1 mouth

racoons have
2 ears 
2 eyes
1 nose
1 mouth

cheetahs have
2 ears
2 eyes
1 nose
1 mouth

monkeys have
2 ears 
2 eyes 
1 nose
1 mouth

mole have
2 ears
2 eyes
1 nose
1mouth

rats have
2 ears
2  eyes
1 nose
1 mouth

elephents have 
2 ears
2 eyes
1 nose 
1 mouth

most creatures have these features like 90 percent just like how most creatures usually have 2 legs 2 arms. or just 4 legs. and the ones who do not follow this trend like insects. end up following another trend like 8 legs or 6 legs or even 16 legs. god got freaky when he did the insects
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@n8nrgmi
So being you are Christian no one can have an NDE that isn't Christian in imagery or content? 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@crossed
The vast majority of the creatures on earth are insects, try again.
crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
-->
@disgusted
read the bottom of my last post
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@crossed
90% ??? Do you have any idea how many billions upon billions more insects there are than all other creatures combined. Just stop displaying your gross ignorance.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
some evidence for god

humans have
2 eyes
2 ears
1 nose
1 mouth

dogs have

2 eyes
2 ears
1 nose
1 mouth

horses have 

2 eyes
2 ears
1 nose
1mouth

kangaroos
have

2 eyes
2 ears
1 nose
1 mouth

bears have
2 eyes
2 ears
1 nose
1 mouth

beavers have
2 eyes
2 ears
1 nose
1 mouth

rabbits have

2 eyes
2 ears
1 nose
1 mouth

deer have
2 eyes
2 ears
1 nose
1 mouth

tiger have 
2 eyes
2 ears
1 nose
1 mouth

lions have
2 ears
2 eyes
1 nose 
1 mouth

racoons have
2 ears 
2 eyes
1 nose
1 mouth

cheetahs have
2 ears
2 eyes
1 nose
1 mouth

monkeys have
2 ears 
2 eyes 
1 nose
1 mouth

mole have
2 ears
2 eyes
1 nose
1mouth

rats have
2 ears
2  eyes
1 nose
1 mouth

elephents have 
2 ears
2 eyes
1 nose 
1 mouth
This is actually evidence of common ancestry. It tells us litteraly nothing about the existence or nonexistence of any god(s)