Christology

Author: Mopac

Total: 112
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
This is the big one.

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."

Central then is the question... who is Jesus Christ? 

The proper understanding of who Christ is happens to be central to the entire faith if Christianity. Everything points to this. There are a lot of ideas about who Christ is, but it is only the proper understanding that reveals the nature of salvation and life eternal.

Central to Christology is the incarnation and what it means. Also central to Christology is The Trinity.

This is the gospel. The good news. 

Anyone want to take a shot at this before I explain the Orthodox position?

Who do you say Jesus Christ is?
Deb-8-a-bull
Debates: 0
Deb-8-a-bull
Jesus is dead get over it . 
No sorry pacmo. I'll start this post again.

Ok so The basic formula for creating a religious group in short goes.

A God. 
A Human God.
A Book. 
A clubhouse. 

Sooooooooooooo I'm going to go with.  The person / persons that made up the religious groups.
 Had Jesus play the " human God " character / part.     
So whether or not jesus was a real bloke around the time the story where being made up and told is another thing. 
Abraham  / Jesus / Mohammed / L Ron so on and so on. 

Again 
A god ,
A human god . 
A Book . 
A Clubhouse ( A building like no other that stands out like dogs balls )  and the easiest way to do this is ,  A ODD SHAPED ROOF. 
It's a great formula for getting a group up and going.   A strict for profit business.

If Jesus could perform miracles you wouldn't kill him, you would simply take out his eyes and voice box and lock him away and have him perform the water into wine trick allllllllllllllllll day long.  
Oh and the turning a empty bucket into a bucket o' fish trick.  All day.
With Medical procedures in between.  Limb replacing ,  blind curing , leprosy eradication. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Oh no, Jesus is very much alive.

You don't really know Jesus, but stick around and maybe, no guarantee.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Prove it.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted

You don't really know Jesus, but stick around and maybe, no guarantee. 

If you do come to know Jesus, you will know He lives.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Prove it.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
Central then is the question... who is Jesus Christ? 

You really are full of it Mopac. You state the words Jesus Christ as if is was his name. It wasn't. But at least you make him sound very human when you put it to your gullible audience in this way.

Also central to Christology is The Trinity.
More crap presented as fact. The "trinity" was a Roman creation. Not a Jewish creation which Jesus the Anointed was.They did this simply to put an end to the sectarian conflicts between the JEWISH diaspora and keep the ROMAN population onside who wouldn't recognise Yoshua Ben Yousouf Jesus son of Joseph <<< A JEW,  as one of the gods of their already large pantheon of gods. Grow up and start  learning for yourself  other than what crap your teachers have drove into you.

This is the gospel. The good news. 
The word "gospel" may well mean "good news"  but one is hard pushed to find any "good news" in the New Testament. Particularly when one reads the very unfairy tale - like ending. In fact Jesus never, ever, ever mentions "good fkn news" does he? No. A, angel - messenger - brings "good news" to some absolutely dozy illiterate shepherds watching their flocks in the dark of night and freezing do death in the freezing cold valleys of the time. 

Who do you say Jesus Christ is?
He was a rightful and legitimate heir to the throne of David believed to be the messiah come to claim his rightful position as  king of the JEWS of Jerusalem <<<<<< NOT king of the  CHRISTIANS or the world.
Grow UP!!!
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@disgusted

He doesn't have to prove the ultimate reality to you. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
The Jesus character of the bible tales could easily have been based upon a real person.

And if you interpret the tale correctly, Jesus was portrayed as the son of a loose woman called Mary who had a fling with a swarthy stud called Ged.  The comic character of the tale was his gullible, daft stepdad Joseph.

Nowadays we refer such entertainment as Soap Operas.

The ongoing adventures of Jesus were as ridiculous and entertaining as most soap operas are today.

Not that I personally find soap operas entertaining.

But a great many people do and get quite addicted to these fantastic stories.
The way some people go on about them makes you think that they almost believe them to be real.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
Prove it.
Demands the man who simply never produces the proofs for his own claims when called upon to do so. what a FKN hypocrite.

Yes, there you go again. demanding proof, evidence and "citations" but fail miserably to do the same when called upon to prove your outrageous claims.

"we have evolved by exactly the same process as every other animal that has ever existed on this planet"? 

"YOU PROVE IT"!  Simply back it up.  Explain to us all with supporting evidence  the appearance of humans. Just saying the words; "the theory of evolution" doesn't support what you claim. It is just a title of the proposed theory and nothing else.

You have claimed something that even Darwin and Wallace couldn't explain. 

Darwin doesn't actually explain the "sudden" appearance of humans, does he? In fact Darwin admitted some difficulty in explaining highly sophisticated organs such as the human eye.  And neither does his co discoverer Alfred Wallace.In fact Wallace clearly suspected an "intervention of some kind". And, over 160 years later science has failed, just like you have, to prove Wallace wrong. Anthropologists Have failed miserably to produce fossil evidence for the " missing link" with apes, and there has been a growing recognition of the complexity of organs such as the human brain.

Explain the complete balls up YOUR "evolution theory" caused for humans by causing him to lose all his hairy coat only to have to chase down and kill other animals for their coats. 

We await your informed and  educated explanations to these simple flaws in YOUR "theory of evolution". Hurry up about it too. I haven't got all day to read your drivel even when  99.9% of your replies are one word sentences.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
One word sentences that you lack the intellect to understand.
I have no intention of explaining the ToE to an ignoramus who doesn't understand the word theory and refers to Darwin as the ToE expert.
Really your ignorance is cosmic in it's scope, run away and get an education.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
I have no intention of explaining the ToE to an ignoramus
 Then simply explain why it is you believe humans "suddenly" sprang from? 

refers to Darwin as the ToE expert.

No I have never referred to Darwin as an "expert" on the matter. It was you who  done that. It was you who brought Darwin's "theory of evolution" into the mix you LIAR!!!. 

And now you cannot even FKN explain it. But ask other to provide proof for their cliams where you fail EVERY fkn TIME!!!!! 

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch

Christ only need matter to Christians. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
 Then simply explain why it is you believe humans "suddenly" sprang from? 
From whence comes this absurd nonsense? Humans didn't suddenly "spring". Humans evolved just as every life form to have ever existed on this planet.............see ToE.
No I have never referred to Darwin as an "expert" on the matter. It was you who  done that. It was you who brought Darwin's "theory of evolution" into the mix you LIAR!!!. 
There is no such thing as Darwin's theory of evolution, more ignorance and I never mentioned Darwin.

I have supported every claim I've ever made, your ignorance has prevented your understanding of that support.
Run away and get an education.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
@Stephen
@zedvictor4
None of you know Jesus, but that is to be expected. Stick around for a bit, and maybe, no guarantees.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@PGA2.0
@Tradesecret
@n8nrgmi
Surely there must be some protestants who must know Jesus Christ.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
Can you change the topic to include "My Latest Appeal To Special Knowledge"?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@n8nrgmi
You're a Christian, right? 

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Mopac
Yes I do. And Christ still only need matter to Christians. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted

Humans didn't suddenly "spring". 

Then is all you have to do is  simply explain where it is you believe humans came from?  According to both Darwin and Wallace there is no explanation as to  how we "suddenly" appeared.

Humans evolved just as every life form to have ever existed on this planet.............see ToE.

OK now prove it. Show us all what Darwin and Wallace failed to do. Show us where in this theory it actually explains how through  ToE  that homesapiens came into being. Show us the proof that all  Anthropologists have failed to show us. Come on, and FK hurry up about it.

There is no such thing as Darwin's theory of evolution,

There is;  it is called Darwinism. try reading a book. Stop being so FKN silly you absolute buffoon. How many Theories of Evolution do you think there are FFS .  If anyone is ignorant here it is YOU!  Darwinism is a theory of biological evolution developed by the English naturalist Charles Darwin(1809–1882) and others, stating that all species of organisms arise and develop through the natural selection of small, inherited variations that increase the individual's ability to compete, survive, and reproduce.
The ToE is simply a THEORY that is based on the observations of the fact that organisms evolve from a common ancestor. The Theory of Evolution essentially states that genetic characteristics of a population of organisms change over time as a result of natural selection or genetic drift. In other words, the scientific theory describes an observable fact, the change of genome, and describes the predictive mechanisms that cause that change, natural selection and genetic drift. BUT IT STOPS WHEN IT COMES to explaining how homosapiens "suddenly" <<<< according to Darwin and Wallace...... came into being. Wallace has even suggested " intervention".

I have supported every claim I've ever made,

Oh FFS stop with your blatant lies and lets have some evidence for your claim.

"we have evolved by exactly the same process as every other animal that has ever existed on this planet"? 
PROVE IT!   You have claimed something that even Darwin and Wallace couldn't explain.  For instance; The theory states that " -organisms evolve from a common ancestor". So let's hear it then, what is mankind's "common ancestor"? HURRY UP, YOU BUFFOON!!!!
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
You seem to be obsessed with proving to the world just how ignorant you are, go right ahead, I've given you the information you've requested and you lack the intellect to understand that information. You never were worth talking to so just fuck off.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Mopac
yes i'm christian. 

who is jesus? i answer it the same way peter answered.... "you are the messiah, the son of the living god".

the good news is that jesus defeated death and teaches a kingdom of love, and we can participate in the resurrection and the kingdom if we have faith and cooperate with grace. 
Mopac
Mopac
The Father

The Son

The Holy Spirit

These are the three hypostases of The Trinity. They are of one essence and undivided. The Father is God, The Son is God, The Holy Spirit is God.

God is manifested in creation through The Holy Spirit and The Son.

The Son is The Word of God. The Holy Spirit is like the breath that carries that word. The Word of God is Truth. All of creation was created by and through The Word, as nothing can exist unless Truth is in it.

The hypostasis or person of The Son is the unity of two natures. Fully man and fully divine. This is the unifying of all creation with divine.

The incarnation is God becoming man. By God becoming creation, all of the universe is deified with him. Becoming death, God descends to the lowest hades and rises back up, filling all things, drawing all of creation back to Him.

And so God is with us. God did not speak creation into being and then back off. All of creation is filled by God, enlivened by The Holy Spirit and united in the fleshly nature of the second hypostasis.

And being united with God, all of creation, though dying, is saved and given eternal life in Christ Jesus. Through His resurrection, Christ has conquered death by death, bestowing life to those in the tombs. 

Jesus Christ is the persistent reality, The eternal Word of God. And through His incarnation, He is The Most Perfect Image of God The Father as revealed by the life giving and consubstantial Holy Spirit.

It is God's presence in creation that gives it its existence. God is with us.

To know The One True God, The Ultimate Reality, and The One He sent, Jesus Christ. This is to know eternal life.

Mopac
Mopac
I will answer questions to clarify, because there is a lot to this subject. It can be confusing.

I am not interested in arguing fruitlessly with those who aren't interested in understanding something before they reject or dispute it.

I will do my best to clarify what we believe. 

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Mopac
i like your exposition above

i wouldn't mind asking you questions or engaging about orthodoxy, but it's unrelated to the posts you've been making in this thread 
Stronn
Stronn
-->
@Mopac
The Father

The Son

The Holy Spirit

These are the three hypostases of The Trinity. They are of one essence and undivided. The Father is God, The Son is God, The Holy Spirit is God.

God is manifested in creation through The Holy Spirit and The Son.

The Son is The Word of God. The Holy Spirit is like the breath that carries that word. The Word of God is Truth. All of creation was created by and through The Word, as nothing can exist unless Truth is in it.

The hypostasis or person of The Son is the unity of two natures. Fully man and fully divine. This is the unifying of all creation with divine.

The incarnation is God becoming man. By God becoming creation, all of the universe is deified with him. Becoming death, God descends to the lowest hades and rises back up, filling all things, drawing all of creation back to Him.

And so God is with us. God did not speak creation into being and then back off. All of creation is filled by God, enlivened by The Holy Spirit and united in the fleshly nature of the second hypostasis.

And being united with God, all of creation, though dying, is saved and given eternal life in Christ Jesus. Through His resurrection, Christ has conquered death by death, bestowing life to those in the tombs. 

Jesus Christ is the persistent reality, The eternal Word of God. And through His incarnation, He is The Most Perfect Image of God The Father as revealed by the life giving and consubstantial Holy Spirit.

It is God's presence in creation that gives it its existence. God is with us.
I must point out that you have repeated over and over ad nauseam that all you mean by God is Ultimate Reality. Yet here we see that you really mean a bunch of other stuff when you say God. It comes across as quite disingenuous.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stronn
Not at all.

The church doesn't really deal with the issue of what God is so much as how God is. How we relate to God even as creatures.

Both the mysteries of the trinity and the mysteries of the incarnation are intended to explain how God is with us in creation. It also reveals the mystery of salvation.

This is all very much contingent on recognizing that God is The Ultimate Reality.

The Son is The Truth.

The Holy Spirit is The Spirit of Truth.

If this is how The Father is revealed in creation, how is The Father of the same essence with these two other persons? It NJ is all united by Truth.

And so we know God through Trinity. Our religion is Trinity.

Not on this mountain or in this temple, but worshipping The Father in Spirit and Truth. The Trinity.

And the incarnation has to do with the second person of the trinity, the Son. This is the hypostasis that unites all of creation to the rest.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
You never were worth talking to so just fuck off.

I see. You can't prove your claim after claiming that you always prove your claims. That's yet  another claim you have made that from your response above has also gone unsupported and proven. That really does show your ignorance . So you have exactly NOTHING to support your bone headed claim that;

But you sit there regularly demanding evidence of others to prove their claims. What double standards, what a hypocrite.

Would you like another go? Lets us recap:

"YOU PROVE IT"!  Simply back it up.  Explain to us all with supporting evidence  the appearance of humans. Just saying the words; "the theory of evolution" doesn't support what you claim. It is just a title of the proposed theory and nothing else.

You have claimed something that even Darwin and Wallace couldn't explain. 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
The ToE you ignorant little stephen.
BTW neither Darwin nor Wallace had any knowledge of the ToE, but keep displaying your ignorance.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
BTW neither Darwin nor Wallace had any knowledge of the ToE, but keep displaying your ignorance.

PROVE IT!