Churches / Mosques / Temples Ban Children Under 16

Author: ludofl3x

Total: 121
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
Okay, I admit, it's a bit of a click baity title, but a guy's got to get eyeballs on stuff, right? 

A question to the religious (except Mopac and Poly, for different reasons). If religion is so easy to find, and indoctrination from a young age is not in fact a way to perpetuate the cycle of donors to your church, what do you think the effect on a religion, any religion, would be in terms of population or followers if your faith came out tomorrow and said: "We believe that God / Allah / Jesus will lead his flock to his righteous ways no matter what, because that's how much he loves them and that's how present he is in our every day existence. We have the utmost confidence in [diety] wisdom to ensure we continue to grow not just as a faith, but as a parish! To really show our conviction in this belief, we hereby ban parishioners from bringing their children under 16 to worship, and strongly, strongly suggest not talking to them about our articles of faith in any way until this age, so as to ensure that they're only getting information directly from the God who certainly will take care of them. TO BE CLEAR, DO NOT PREACH TO YOUR CHILDREN ABOUT GOD. Doing so only screws up his signal, and pollutes the corruptible young mind making it more difficult for god to break through." 

If the age of reason is 14 in the bible, the age of consent is 18 in the US, I'm splitting the difference. Would you, as a church going parishioner, oppose this rule, or support it? Why?

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
So you hate parents being allowed to parent? How about they don't get to choose their clothes since it's gender stereotyping or pets since they might be a cat person in a dog household. If anything the opposite should happen. Your kids can't be forced to go to church after the age of say 15 since they are responsible enough to drive.  My parents were atheists and I still found religion. That said. No holy book, no church, not passing my religion onto my kids. My CHOICE. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
Have you ever met a point you COULDN'T miss? If you were a basketball player, you'd be the guy on the court who everyone can't stand because they get the ball at the top of the key, shout "CURRY!", then shoot it and miss the entire backboard, every time, until you're about 0 - 22 with no points and six turnovers because you're throwing behind the back passes into the third row, twelve feet clear of anyone wearing sneakers. It's sad.  

Children don't get to choose their clothes. Parents choose them. Until kids can buy their own clothes. I have kids, that's how it works. They also don't get to choose pets. 

I didn't say this SHOULD happen. This is a very simple thought experiment. You have exhibited a very real difficulty in participating in these in any real way, so I would ask that you show yourself to some topic you're capable of handling. Do like a Zeus versus Odin topic, or maybe what's better, Withces or Wargs? 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
Take that trash to China, we don't want it here.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Not my fault you are  a bigot retard. 

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
Why not?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
Because we educate our children better than the state.

The state is secularist, and that is how the state educates the population.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
It's not the STATE banning your children in this thought experiment. It's the church itself! "If your faith came out tomorrow and said...." Does that change your answer? Like if the grand wizard of whatever your church is had his sermon next whatever day you go to worship and love on the truth, and he said "I prayed so hard last night, and this is what jesus said to me: no more kids here under the age of 16!" and adherents listened, do you think your church would still grow?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
No, we raise our kids in the faith, and there is nothing wrong with that.

You should mind your own business.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Mopac
Ignore the bigot. He is trolling and doesn't even know what religion most of the board members are or aren't. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
Clearly you just don't have any interest in the topic at hand. 

Honestly, this is why I didn't want either of you in here. I knew neither of you would address the question. It still feels good to be right, I admit, but honestly it's not as nice as having people engage a topic. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
A fool is always right in his own eyes.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Bigot is upset no one agreed with his evaluation or tolerated his bigot remarks. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
Why not follow your own advice and ignore the thread? Do you know what an evaluation is? Or a bigot? Can you point out any example of either evaluation in the OP or of bigotry?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
You tried to exclude us both from this topic.

You were kind of asking for this.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
And both of you have clearly demonstrated why I'd have preferred your non-contributions be left out, thanks! 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
People tend to be attached to their own reasonings much like a parent is attached to their own children. You might be a little bias.

Might be butt ugly, but mama thinks you're beautiful!

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Mopac

He specifically asked us to reply in the topic opening. He then says I wish you two would fuck off. He's schitzo. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
No, he actually said he wanted to hear everyone's opinions except us.

So yeah, he was asking for us to respond. Lol.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Mopac
It should be removed for trying to exclude posters. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
Did you ever plan on engaging in the actual topic here, or was it just another forum for your stream of totally unrelated inanity? You have made literally no attempt at the actual original topic. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ludofl3x
"Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence."

There is your answer.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
Ok, so you r answer to my actual question is "no, I do not plan on engaging." Good idea! Thanks for stopping by. 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Mopac
No, we raise our kids in the faith, and there is nothing wrong with that.

You should mind your own business.
Strictly hypothetically.

If children were not inculcated before the age of 16, do you think any religion would be sustainable?

Would you perhaps be slightly less defensive if the hypothetical only applied to Muslims?

And of course, atheists, probably atheists more than anyone.  Atheists must stop telling their own children about atheism.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@3RU7AL
There are plenty who come to the church who were not raised in it.

I was raised by rock and roll. Somehow, I am an Orthodox Christian now. 

If Muslims or atheists want to raise their kids or let the world raise their kids maybe in the later case, that is their business.

Truthfully though, I see this as a question coming from the religion of secularism, which likes to pretend it isn't a religion and is already state sanctioned and force feeds itself on the population through all forms of media, culture, and even the education system.

Of course the secularists would like a 16 year head start to indoctrinate children in such a way as to make theological concepts mean the opposite of what they really do!

And you know what? China already does something like what is described in the OP. Except of course, it is a state enforced thing not the choice of churches.

No, the idea of not allowing children in church is very much against our religion. It would be better for them earlier on to be instructed in righteousness so that they have a better shot at not being raped by the evils of this world.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
I love how people can deconvert at any age but converting is indoctrination done only in childhood Bigots

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
There are plenty who come to the church who were not raised in it.
What percentage of church members do you think are adult converts who were not inculcated as children?

Perhaps 1%?

What percentage of Santa Claus believers do you think are adult converts who were not inculcated as children?

Perhaps 0.001%?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@3RU7AL
Parents purposely lie to their kids about Santa to make one day a year "special" for themselves. Even atheist parents. The faithful are not lying. Shove Santa up you ass. 
disgusted
disgusted
@witchypoo
You lack the capacity for thought
disgusted
disgusted
@witchypoo
Why are you so afraid of everything?
Oh I know. You'll tell me and make me laugh.