Virtuoso's Summer Tournament [Sign-ups]

Author: David

Total: 7
David
Debates: 91
David
Aloha!

With summertime approaching, I am hoping to run a solid tournament here on DART. The last tournament ended up with almost everyone flaking out. I'm looking for a minimum of 8 debaters and a maximum of 12. 

Topic Selection

Debaters, in consultation with their opponents, may create and choose their own topics. Debaters have five days from this post to decide upon a topic and can do whatever topics they want. Debaters are prohibited from doing humorous or troll topics; if you have a question about what that means, please ask me. Should debaters fail to agree to a topic, I will randomly assign them a topic from the National Speech and Debate Association; I will also randomly assign debaters their side on the topic. In such a situation, each debater will be allowed to strike up to two of the 16 topics, making them ineligible for me to assign.

Sign-Ups

Anyone with at least 3 debates where they did not forfeit is eligible to sign up. Hopefully, the tournament will start within the next few weeks. 

Pairings

The tournament has been set up as a power-paired bracket (with high-low pairings) based on competitors' ELO scores at the time sign-ups closed

blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
I'm in as a judge or competitor for now
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
I can judge
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@Ramshutu
you can't judge but you 'can' all at once. :) Depends what 'can' we are referring to.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
Did I say your name three times into a mirror?

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@Ramshutu
If not, then one must wonder who. :)
Vernonwhite
Debates: 0
Vernonwhite
In.