The admin of the website is punishing members elo-wise behind your backs.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 25
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Recently, without asking us if we wanted it or not, debates have a new option. The defaults as is are 2 Rounds, 10k characters and 'moderated'. The latter was already the norm just not an option, the first 2 have been changed from the old defaults.

Three debates I accepted as 'moderated' would have costed me Elo/rating or gained me elo/rating. Now, because Mike the admin has behind my back gone and not only done this update but post-acceptance changed the debates to be unmoderated on a whim and his personal judgement, I can't gain elo from the debates or lose it.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
This update is 5 days old approximately and was never logged in the changelog:

Sparrow
Debates: 47
Sparrow
Are you planning on posting in the taste battle or jerking off in the forums all day?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Thanks for referring to one of the three cases.
Sparrow
Sparrow
Your welcome. Are you not posting because you want to change this new bullshit first?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Picking the songs takes time. I also am busy.
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
-->
@RationalMadman
Okay guys, I apologize, I actually had good intentions behind it but messed up. 

First of all, I think I messed up the name for this new setting, it should be something much much more clear. My main purpose with this new setting is to prevent "troll" debates and some other kinds of debates ( say this -> somebody please neuter my fucking testicles right out of my fucking nutsack ) from changing the debates ratings since I can barely see how it is fair. So as I mentioned in the release log, everything this setting does is prevents ratings change when the debate finishes. This way, what I want to implement next is to disallow users that don't have at least 2 NON troll debates to vote and for that, we need to separate the troll debates from the normal ones. And that's why I changed the setting for a couple of debates myself but that was a mistake and I apologize for that, that stuff should be 100% handled by the mods. 

Anyway, I will rename the setting to make it more clear, that's a big screw up on my part.

Also thanks for pointing out about the release log, the news was added but not marked as published, that's another mistake on my part, sorry for that.

Sparrow
Sparrow
See, it wasn't an evil conspiracy to rape your elo after all.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@DebateArt.com
i think the terminology is fine; it covers troll debates, rap battles, full forfeits and all the unmoderated examples (which is basically what the voting rules were set up for), 

The rating being unchanged is the only real issue.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Ramshutu
I am afraid I am confused. How do you think we should handle it? Should the ratings change work for "unmoderated" debates too? But then the setting basically becomes useless. Or should it affect something else?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
That debate doesn't meet the criteria of the agreed upon troll debate criterion. I agreed to a non troll debate on neutering Sparrow. He could have made a strong pro-trans operation case but put zero effort in. I won it and deserve my rating and moderation of the debate votes.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I agreed to it being moderated you can't go in and change it against my will and force me to have to put the effort into debating it.
Sparrow
Sparrow
As Sparrow I hereby confirm that WAS a troll debate and obviously so.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
No you don't you even admitted you had it on the default setting when you said you're welcome to me. Is the admin going to deny to changing it too?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
You're confirming that to troll me and avoid losing Rating. You're a fucking banned user anyway.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@DebateArt.com
So the “moderated”/“unmoderated” portion is an excellent hint to voters and debaters prior to acceptance whether the debate will be viewed as a troll debate. There’s no reason to remove that for the moment. 

Moderators already designate debates as unmoderated; this gives a clear indication to all involved and should be largely uncontraversial as it’s simply implementing what moderators do manually.

The ELO aspect should be rolled back, as there is an implicit understanding right now that all debates generate ELO other than judges debates. You probably want to solicit more feedback for that one. 
Sparrow
Sparrow
You were banned shortly after you first joined so you are a banned user. This account was never banned.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@RationalMadman
Yeah, sorry mate, that was my mistake, my apologies. Virt already talked to me about my behaviour, lesson learned haha :/
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Sparrow
I got banned for a bullshit reason, but no one really knew, nor do I care enough to throw a fit unless its extremely bullshit
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@DebateArt.com
Consider this a formal warning for implementing changes Sadisticly.

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Ramshutu
Yeah haha :/
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@DebateArt.com
A true legend
David
Debates: 91
David
-->
@DebateArt.com
Mike, here are my suggestions. First, select an option for troll/non troll debate. Second, make a rated/unrated debate a separate feature so formal debates can be unrated and troll debates can be rated. 
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@David
That may make sense, yeah
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
I’ll comment on this later.