Right handed or Left handed?

Author: Pinkfreud08

Total: 18
Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
Greetings, pretty simple topic however I'd like to see which hand everyone uses.

I personally consider myself to be ambidextrous however a natural lefty

When I was younger, I went to a very christian pre-school and elementary school. 

And whenever I would write with my left hand, the teachers would yell at me and force me to write with my right hand instead.

This is exactly why my earlier writing was atrocious up until high-school until I did research and found being left handed isn't " evil " or dangerous as they made it out to seem.

Currently throughout my freshman and Sophomore year I started to use my left hand to write more and it felt a lot more natural.

That being said, I am able to use my right hand and left hand for writing. However I mostly use my left hand given I right more neatly then my right hand.

In terms of everything else, I've noticed I have more left hand tendencies, I can hold a gun with my left hand way better then with my right hand, however I aim better with my right eye.

While I am better at kicking with my right foot, I throw better with my left.

Daily tasks, I typically am better with my left hand which includes brushing my teeth, opening doors, and carrying things.

However in terms of using my PC, I am able to use both hands however I typically use my right hand just because I don't have to change the settings and because games are built for right handed people.

Anyways I hope we can all share our own personal experiences in the realm of handedness.

57 days later

Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
Lefty 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Pinkfreud08
That's Christians for you!

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@zedvictor4
Not all Christians are like that. In fact, most Christians would detest the idea of steering someone away from left-handedness. Just look at me. I’m left-handed and no Christian I knew ever gave me crap about it. 

In fact, I would say Pinkfrued’s teachers would be sinning here by treating him the way they did. And if I recall, the Bible made a big deal of having a left-handed hero who killed an evil king. 
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Pinkfreud08
I am sorry to hear those teachers treated you the way they did.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
Lefty. Woooo.
F*ck righties. I say we force them to use their left hand or maybe not. 

Pinkfreud08
Pinkfreud08
-->
@Mharman
Wasn't too big of a deal, I've heard way worse stories of the horrors of religion. 

Compared to my story, I was very fortunate. 

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Pinkfreud08
That wasn't true Christianity. I think your teachers were sinning here.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I am going to say that there is a disproportionate amount of left-handed people on this site.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mharman
I am going to say that there is a disproportionate amount of left-handed people on this site.
Maybe
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mharman
That wasn't true Christianity. I think your teachers were sinning here.
What is true Christianity? 
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
I am a rightie.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Left handed people think first creatively, second logically.

Right handed people think first logically, second emotionally.

I did not forget to use the same word in the 'flip', the words are different and the nuance is intentional and proven by science and brain structure. 

Left handed people often will feel emotions not realising it, Right-handed people will often become creative and not realise it. I am not suggesting there's no underlying 'third' or middleman.

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Pinkfreud08
When I was younger, I went to a very christian pre-school and elementary school.  

And whenever I would write with my left hand, the teachers would yell at me and force me to write with my right hand instead.

That is odd. Did they ever explain why?
Pinkfreud08
Pinkfreud08
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Doing research later in my life on this matter I found out that there is some religious hatred towards lefties for no reason. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Doing research later in my life on this matter I found out that there is some religious hatred towards lefties

Sure, has been for hundreds of years. Not just in Christianity but some other cultures too. I was just wondering what their 'reasoning' was. Was Satan left handed or something, etc. In China for example left handedness is considered (like thousands of other things) to bring bad luck.

for no reason

Oh. That's disappointing.

Anyway in answer to your question I am right handed. Have been all my life.
Pinkfreud08
Pinkfreud08
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Been a while since I did proper research on it, I think it had something to do with Jesus or God sentencing punishments with their left hands or something. 

It's pretty arbitrary and dumb like most religious rules. 
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
That's odd. I don't think the Bible so much as mentions the subject.