Noa Pothoven

Author: thett3

Total: 8
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
A 17 year old girl in the Netherlands has been euthanized after being raped repeatedly in her childhood. To me this case utterly destroys the libertarian ethos. It may have been her choice, but it was something the government should've never condoned. If this is the result of unrestrained freedom, count me out. Noa was a physically healthy girl with a long life ahead of her, who needed help, not death.

I don't really have much to say, but felt like posting this because just thinking about it makes me tear up. God rest her soul.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
She has a right to end her life but the government's involvement is disturbing. Poor thing. I hope she has peace now. 
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
So she committed suicide, she's not alone. Suicide is not euthanasia.
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@disgusted
Maybe not, but did they try to nourish her after she passed out, she had to pass out first?  You don't just all of the sudden die.

If you attempt suicide in the US, they still try to revive you, pump your stomach and do the best they can.  I would like to know more about this, but can't find the time to research it.  It is just a horrible story all around.  
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@DBlaze
You can pretend whatever you like the story doesn't support your fantasy. She committed suicide.
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@disgusted
I'm just thinking logically, something that you are unable to do.  
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@DBlaze
So in your world of fantasy, logic dictates that suicide=euthanasia. WOW. Don't book a visit to reality anytime soon.
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@disgusted
Regardless if this was Euthanasia or Suicide, it is still the same thing, it's just assisted suicide as apposed to not.  What is your point?  My point is that there is a difference between the government assisting you and you doing it on your own.  One is not legal and one is.

You don't think that euthanasia=suicide?