let us post pictures

Author: crossed

Total: 9
crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
using pictures is one of the best ways i use to explain things. especially the stuff you can not word.

allow pictures on this site.pls
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@DebateArt.com
@David
@bsh1
Read post above.
David
Debates: 91
David
-->
@Alec
@crossed
This is In the work 
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
It costs extra to host images on the website itself, which is a prerequisite to displaying them.

This is a cost that the owner isn't willing to spend, as it's a site whose only revenue is from donations via Patreon.

That's the long and short of it.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
You can embed images but to automate it happening from links costs money to employ as it takes server space/energy.

If everyone knows embed coding and pasted precisely that, there comes to be a new issue; enabling HTML and CSS will mean users can post trip-scripts (so you visit this page and it redirects you to another) among much else.
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
-->
@Alec
@crossed
It's exactly as what RM said. I am already -14$ dollars per month for the hosting services, self hosting images would bump the hosting expenses even more and frankly, I am not motivated to pay even more outta my own pocket. Images could be hosted elsewhere but sometimes it's also tricky and another problem is that allowing image posting may screw up the design, i.e. lots of tall ugly posts with only image in them. So it may come in the future, but I am not exactly sure when.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
linking to phots work just as fine
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
there is nothing wrong with the current system, at the moment it works and should not be needed to be improved
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@DebateArt.com
If you were to do such a thing, it might be a good idea to have the images load seperately from the page. Like, click a link to show the image. 

If you were to implement images, that is. It isn't an issue I particularly care about.