What did god say..............

Author: disgusted

Total: 49
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
in the garden of eden?
Did god say "let there be light"?
These are two separate questions, try not to get confused.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
The Word of God was spoken in both cases.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
BTW that's covered in the question.

So god dictated those words to the authors?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
No, and the Church has.never taught this.

The Muslims believe this about the Koran, which adds bibliolatry to their list of heresies.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
God didn't dictate any of the bible then nothing that the bible allegedly claims as god saying it are lies. God never said "let there be light", or this "11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29. Or anything else claimed to be god speaking, if god didn't dictate the words then somebody made them up. Really simple logic.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
Yet the church does not claim that the bible was dictated, suffers no cognitive dissonance, and knows what it believes.

That all being the case, it would be reasonable for you not to presume to understand our faith.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
You claim that it wasn't dictated which means anything it quotes is a lie, because the quote was not dictated therefore it can't be a quote.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
What is meant is that God did not dictate the bible. The personality of the writers comes off in their books. It should be obvious.

The Bible is a collection of many different writings. It is also not really yours to interpret. It is our book, and we know its proper intended use.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Because your god didn't dictate then none of the quotes attributed to him are quotes, they are words concocted by the author and falsely attributed to your god which makes them lies. I'm not interpreting anything I'm telling you what the consequences are regarding your professed beliefs.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Mopac
Your answers sound like you are having trouble with god being Jesus and or jesus being God. 

Instead of you and everyone else looking a little silly you should just give gus & ted  "The Church"  contact details. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
@disgusted

The sacred Scripture, taken as a whole, is like a human being.  The Old Testament is the body and the New is the soul, the meaning it contains, the spirit.
From another viewpoint we can say that the entire sacred Scripture, Old and New Testament, has two aspects: the historical content which corresponds to the body, and the deep meaning, the goal at which the mind should aim, which corresponds to the soul.

If we think of human beings, we see they are mortal in their visible properties but immortal in their invisible qualities.

So with Scripture. It contains the letter, the visible text, which is transitory. But it also contains the spirit hidden beneath the letter, and this is never extinguished and this ought to be the object of our contemplation.

Think of human  beings again. If they want to be perfect, they master their passions and mortify the flesh.

So with Scripture. If it is heard in a spiritual way, it trims the text, like circumcision.

Paul says: `Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day.' [2 Cor. 4:16] We can say that also of Scripture.

The further the letter is divorced from it, the more relevance the spirit acquires. The more the shadows of the literal sense retreat, the more the shining truth of the faith advances.

And this is exactly why Scripture was composed.

~Saint Maximus the confessor
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
I didn't read your apologetics, because it is just lying. If your god didn't dictate what he said then whatever the authors claimed he said are lies, what do you have a problem with that?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
No, evidently, you are the one with the problem.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Did your god dictate any of your bible?
If not then anything in the bible allegedly quoting your god is a lie. Because the authors have no idea what your god said. "let there be light" is either a dictation of your god or a fabrication by the author. Which is it? You believers are not capable of thinking.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
God said fuck me, Eve, let Adam get Lilith. Little did he know that Adam had a thing for his banana, I mean apple, and Eve was into cuckolding.

God is Satan and I firmly believe the OT God is the enemy of NT God and Allah. 

note: This is not inciting real-life war, I don't believe in the Abrahamic Trilogy being actual in the first place. I am a Pagan.

If people don't yet realise that Lucifer became Jesus and later on Allah and that Satan remained as the God of the OT throughout, that is fine by me. After all, Satan is only complimented in being such a master of deception that he created his very own usurper to hide his absolute authority, the story indeed is genius.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Why care if your not a Jew or Christian? Hate monger. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
As there is clearly light, it should be obvious that God said "Let there be light."
Zeus4ever
Zeus4ever
-->
@disgusted
Zeus is God of all Gods. he says and does as he pleases. 

Garden of Eden ?  Zeus lives on Mt. Olympus where there are many gardens.

Eden ? is a joke ...it is used as a tool to hypnotize and enslave weak minds into some kind of Cult psychosis.

The image of Zeus with the thunderbolt of justice is aimed at you for attempting to brainwash the weak minded
into some kind mindless stuper.  Eden ? who cares...it's a joke used by con artists to abuse the weak and feeble
minded human. 

It's disgusting for anyone to waste valuable time and effort on such idiocy.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
As there is clearly light, it should be obvious that God said "Let there be light."

As there is clearly light undersea earthquakes that cause tsunamis that kill hundreds of thousands of people, it should be obvious that God said "Let there be undersea earthquakes that cause tsunamis that kill hundreds of thousands of people."

It's funny how theists don't even understand what they themselves are saying let alone what others say. Zero reasoning and logic skills.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
I am the LORD, and there is no other,
besides me there is no God;
I equip you, though you do not know me,
that people may know, from the rising of the sun
and from the west, that there is none besides me;
I am the LORD, and there is no other.
I form light and create darkness,
I make well-being and create calamity,
I am the LORD, who does all these things.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Zeus4ever
You are a bigger moron than any Christian.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
The Bible is a collection of many different writings. It is also not really yours to interpret. It is our book, and we know its proper intended use.

And exactly how does "we know"? Who showed you how to interpret these scriptures and where did they get their knowledge and more so; where did they get the  authority to say how words and verses of these ancient scriptures should be interpreted?

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Who said that?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
The Holy Spirit is with The Orthodox Catholic Church.

By the authority of Jesus Christ to the glory of God The Father.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
Who's your daddy?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
So you don't know who said it, I already knew that.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
You only demonstrate that you're a troll with no brains.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
And exactly how does "we know"? Who showed you how to interpret these scriptures and where did they get their knowledge and more so; where did they get the  authority to say how words and verses of these ancient scriptures should be interpreted? 

The Holy Spirit is with The Orthodox Catholic Church.

That doesn't answer my question

By the authority of Jesus Christ to the glory of God The Father

Ok and when was this authority handed down by the Christ?  Do you have an authentic archaeological record of the handing down of authority personally by The Christ, like the Sumerians kept a full and complete list of who and when authority of Kingship was handed down by the Lords of the day pre OT time? 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@disgusted
Good argument.

And the desperation in Mopac's response is obvious.

I'm pretty sure that there is a niggling seed, of logic infused doubt in Mopac's head somewhere..

This is not the first time I have witnessed their uncertainty.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Actually, yes, bishops do trace their ordinations back to ancient times, all the way back to the apostles who were commissioned by Christ.

I stand by all the rest of my answers.