DebateArt app

Author: Caleb

Total: 13
Caleb
Debates: 1
Caleb
Ill keep this short but I think it would be awesome if a DebateArt app was made.  I would love to be able to more easily check up on debates, comment, and vote from my phone.  Just a suggestion for the owners thanks!
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
It's called a web browser and bookmarks
Caleb
Caleb
-->
@dustryder
Yeah but the formatting there is weird with the sizes and the site not being optimized for phones.
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@Caleb
Get a laptop.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
@Caleb
Talk to one another.
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
-->
@Caleb
Hi there!

Yeah I know that we need a mobile version but it's a huge effort which would take half a year, if not more, to implement properly so it's keep getting postponed. And obviously I cannot delegate that stuff to anyone else either, since we have 16 dollars of donation income, which doesn't even cover the hosting expenses. So basically, the best advice is what @K_Michael suggested, just get a laptop haha.

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
Just to feel the difference, check out website called kialo.com, there are probably like 20+ employees working for them having annual 50k+ EUR salaries each and their website is still meh, considering the expenses. And even though we're not even nearly to being as fancy as they are, I still think we have something really nice here, considering the expenses of 30 EUR per month haha
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
Moved it to `DebateArt.com` category
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@DebateArt.com
@Caleb
The issue is that it would probably take an experienced app developer around 3-4 weeks full time effort to implement an app, this is not including generalized design and HF issues. Even so, most people won’t really use the app, so this would be additional effort over and above mobile site development. As a result, it’s probably not worth the time or effort given that there’s a feature list that stretches to the moon and back.

But as someone who uses mobile exclusively, we know that there is work to be done on improving the site for mobile users.
Caleb
Caleb
-->
@DebateArt.com
I totally understand.  I love this website, keep up the great work!

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
The issue is that it would probably take an experienced app developer around 3-4 weeks full time effort to implement an app, this is not including generalized design and HF issues. Even so, most people won’t really use the app, so this would be additional effort over and above mobile site development. As a result, it’s probably not worth the time or effort given that there’s a feature list that stretches to the moon and back.

But as someone who uses mobile exclusively, we know that there is work to be done on improving the site for mobile users.
Exactly
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Caleb
Glad to hear it, I hope you are having good time here! 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Very hard to program tbh