Discrimination in school

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 36
Gatorade
Debates: 12
Gatorade
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I also feel that boys are being discriminated in schools, the entire problem was probably caused by the fact that most teachers are girls. So, the teachers think that their race is superior to the boys.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Gatorade
Agree

98 days later

Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
I don't think boys "are being discriminated" against, but I do agree with Athias that the American education system is broken to a certain extent. Most of what we learn in school are things that will very rarely (if ever) be useful/applicable in our lives. Most of what will be useful/applicable in our lives are not taught in schools.

Here are a few examples of just some of the useless information that people learn in middle/high school:

7th grade:

8th grade:

9th grade:

10th grade:

11th grade:

So from 7th grade all the way to 11th grade, they teach you all sorts of useless stuff that will never help you later on, most of which you will end up forgetting anyways.

I mean, seriously! Who's gonna remember that In the late 600s Muslim armies began
launching raids into India. Some Muslims
tried to take over Indian kingdoms. Turkish
Muslims, for example, established a powerful kingdom at Delhi in northern India. In
the 1500s a new group of Muslim invaders
swept into the subcontinent. Led by the
great warrior Babur (BAH-boohr), they conquered much of India. In 1526 Babur established the Mughal (MOO-guhl) Empire.
Babur’s grandson, Akbar, was one
of India’s greatest rulers. Under Akbar’s
rule, trade flourished. Demand for Indian
goods like spices and tea grew. The Mughal
Empire grew rich from trade.
Akbar and other Mughal rulers also
promoted culture. Although the Mughals
were Muslim, most Indians continued to
practice Hinduism. Akbar’s policy of religious tolerance, or acceptance, encouraged
peace throughout his empire. Architecture
also thrived in the Mughal Empire. One of
India’s most spectacular buildings, the Taj
Mahal, was built during Mughal rule.

This, I copied and pasted straight from a 7th grade textbook (in italics), and this is just a very small sample of the useless stuff that they teach 7th graders. Nothing that they can use in their lives. Just a bunch of useless information... and they're often tested on this too, and do not graduate unless they fully understand this useless information that they will never use nor remember later on.
We shouldn't be wasting time teachings kids stuff from over 700 years ago, but the education system does that, and so do colleges, as well as private schools. All these history textbooks need to be updated to include only the important stuff that people can easily remember and utilize in their lives for years to come.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Christen
You dont have to web archive everything
Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Is that you in the profile picture? https://imgur.com/a/TVLR61B