Evolution is real

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 48
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Since Evolution is God's process, it's real

Evidence

Fossil layers are fossils that formed in sedimentary rock. Sedimentary rock is rock that is formed in layers by the depositing and pressing of sediments on top of each other. Sediments are any loose material that gets broken away and carried: pieces of rocks, pebbles, sand, clay, silt, boulders, dead organisms, animals, plants, shells, insects . . . . When sediments move and settle somewhere, they are being deposited. When, over a long time, layers and layers of sediments get deposited on top of each other, the weight of the top layers presses down on the bottom layers, forming them into rock called sedimentary rock. The oldest layers are on the bottom, and the youngest layers are on the top. Because sediments sometimes include once-living organisms, sedimentary rock often contains a lot of fossils. Fossils are once-living organisms that have been turned into rock, in which the shape or form of the organism can still be seen.
Once thing that Darwin noticed on his travels, and that people continue to notice today, is that fossils in the bottom layers are very different from the organisms alive today; Darwin didn't even recognize them. As one looks farther up, at younger and younger rock layers, the fossilized plants and animals become more and more familiar until they are a lot like organisms that are around now. The organisms also tend to become more and more complex.
From this, Darwin concluded that organisms have not remained the same since earth's beginning, and that they have changed a lot, gradually becoming more and more complex. He also realized that as new species arise, other ones become extinct.
People look at fossils to discover which life forms evolved first and which later on. Today scientists also have ways of dating the rocks, figuring out about how long ago each layer was deposited. This also helps us piece together the time scale of evolution and when certain events occurred.

One type of evidence for evolution (evidence that organisms are related, descended from a few common ancestors, and change to adapt to their environments) is that organisms are similar to each other, but not exactly the same. Similar organisms have differences that help them adapt to their environments.Many organisms have similar body plans. Horses', donkeys', and zebras' bodies are set up in pretty much the same way, because they are descended from a common ancestor. As organisms adapt and evolve, not everything about them changes. The differences, such as the zebra's stripes, show that each species adapted to its own environment after branching off from the common ancestor.The bodies of deer, moose, zebras, and horses are very similar, and these animals are very closely related. One major difference is that deer and moose have antlers and zebras and horses don't. Why is this? Deer and moose live alone or in small groups, while zebras and horses live in large herds. Living in a herd provides its own protection from enemies: it is easier to attack an individual than a huge herd. Therefore, herd-living animals do not need the antlers that their loner relatives need for protection. In addition, running or grazing with large antlers is hard to do in a herd, where it is easy to accidentally stab one's neighbor.All insects have heads, abdomens, and thoraxes, antennae, six legs, and wings. However, each species is different, and while all insects have wings, some have small, useless wings, because their environments did not force them to evolve useful wings, or because their wings became harmful to survival.All birds have feathers, beaks, and wings, but are different because they had to adapt to different environments, such as the webbed feet of water birds but not of land birds. On a more distant level, fish and zebras both have eyes, frogs and baboons both have spines. Generally, the longer ago the last common ancestor lived, the less the organisms have in common. Turtles and tortoises share a common ancestor, but began evolving separately a long time ago. The common ancestor of box and painted turtles lived more recently, so the box turtle has more in common with the painted turtle than it does with the tortoise. How similar two organisms are can help people figure out how closely they are related.The study of one type of evidence of evolution is called embryology, the study of embryos. An embryo is an unborn (or unhatched) animal or human young in its earliest phases. Embryos of many different kinds of animals: mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, etc. look very similar and it is often difficult to tell them apart. Many traits of one type of animal appear in the embryo of another type of animal. For example, fish embryos and human embryos both have gill slits. In fish they develop into gills, but in humans they disappear before birth.This shows that the animals are similar and that they develop similarly, implying that they are related, have common ancestors and that they started out the same, gradually evolving different traits, but that the basic plan for a creature's beginning remains the same.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
If you assume God exists and lets say the Bible is the word of God and science can only be in line with God then yeah you would be true but those are still assumptions. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
God s real,not an assumption
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Prove it. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
1.Complications of Life
2.The Universe starts somewhere and somehow 
3.Jesus has been recorded as well as his execution and resurrection

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
1.Complications of Life
Complications of God?
2.The Universe starts somewhere and somehow 
Something from something right? Creatio Ex Materia. So what something created God?
3.Jesus has been recorded as well as his execution and resurrection
His tomb is not evidence of his resurrection. A resurrection is evidence of a resurrection. This would be proven if lets say we were able to test a how-to guide on bringing people back to life or the Bible has video footage of the resurrection occurring. None of these are in the Bible. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
1.Life is so complicated,its not a coincidence

2.Things happen without coincidence

3.If the tomb was empty, he ressurected

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
1.Life is so complicated,its not a coincidence
God is also complicated.
2.Things happen without coincidence
How about God?
3.If the tomb was empty, he ressurected
No he doesn't. It just means the body wasn't there when the tomb was opened. This can mean someone stole Jesus, he was never there or he resurrected. I have shown 3 different scenarios. Neither of them are proved. If someone stole Jesus someone would have to prove Jesus was stolen. If Jesus was never there then they would have to prove he was never there. If Jesus resurrected then someone would have to prove the resurrection actually took place. If you do it your way then my Jesus was stolen holds the same weight as Jesus resurrection if we go by anything being possible but if we go by probability mine would be easier to believe than yours because I can steal and you can't resurrect nor can any other thing in existence. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
1.How so?
2.Im talking about the universe and how life began
3.You have to prove those things
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
1.How so?
You have already stated life is complicated but wouldn't creator of life be even more complicated?
2.Im talking about the universe and how life began
So you don't think God created it?
3.You have to prove those things
Like the resurrection which have yet to be proven. An empty tomb is an empty tomb. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
1.No, The Bible is quite easy to read
2.Yes
3.Prove how the empty tomb isn't resurrection
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
1.No, The Bible is quite easy to read
You said life is complicated. I am simply saying the supposed creator of life is more complicated. Do you not understand that or are you going to pivot?
2.Yes
Why are you a Christian if you don't think God created life?
3.Prove how the empty tomb isn't resurrection
The burden is on you to prove that it was. You made the positive claim. I didn't. I can't disprove something that I didn't start nor do I believe in. See the problem? 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
1.Why?
2.oops,I messed up no
3.why was the tomb empty
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
1.Why?
Why is life complicated?
2.oops,I messed up no
So God must also have a cause then. 
3.why was the tomb empty
I don't know but you think it is a resurrection yet you have no evidence for it. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
1.Is it not obvious
2.Yes
3.Fire and Penetecost, if it wasnt a ressurection,what was it
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
1.Is it not obvious
If you say life is complicated. Wouldn't the person who created life also be complicated?
2.Yes
What caused God?
3.Fire and Penetecost, if it wasnt a ressurection,what was it
Is this a how-to guide? Have you resurrected someone with fire and penetecost or are these two random things you think would happen when a resurrection occurs?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
1.No
2.Himself
3.If it's not a ressurection,what is it

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
1.No
So lets take another example. Watches are complicated right. But what about the watchmaker? You have already concluded life is complicated yet can't see how God is not more complicated than life. Are you saying God is simple? 
2.Himself
How do you do that?
3.If it's not a ressurection,what is it
I don't know. It is not the burden of me to prove your Religion. It is your burden and yet to you have yet to fulfill. Not my problem you can't provide evidence for the very Religion you believe in. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
1.Wathces is different
2.He is just there
3.Its called faith
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
1.Wathces is different
How? Can you make a watch?
2.He is just there
Nothing is just there. From what we know everything has a cause that isn't them yet you are making this claim without evidence.
3.Its called faith
So no evidence of the resurrection. Gotcha. Christianity are the same as fairy tales instead they are being followed by a much older demographic then what was intended for fairy tails.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
1.Yes
2.Belief
3.It doesn't mater I believe
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
1.Yes
This is a lie. You can't actually rebut my claims so you resort to lying.
2.Belief
I knew that already. Just wanted to see if you had any evidence.
3.It doesn't mater I believe
Guess you can't actually defend what you just said instead defaulted to this. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
1.I can
2.I do
3.I can
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Evidence? 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Why is God complicated
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
That is not evidence. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Why?

EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Since Evolution is God's process

No more to be said. 
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
Why deny the Creator in the PROCESS of creating.....
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
Evolution is a vile lie concocted by satan worshipping hippies. And it's sad how many people believe in it, because it can be disproven so easily.

For example, have you ever seen an insect turn into a dog or a deer into a fish? Of course you haven't, because evolution is false.