Low Activity

Author: Mharman

Total: 20
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
We just went an hour without anyone posting. Is this normal?
David
Debates: 91
David
Yes 
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
Signed up on November 11, 2018
Forum posts: 715

Medals: 2G 3S 8B

Activity level: Low-medium
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Mharman
We’re still a pretty new site. It’ll be awhile before we reach DDO-level activity.
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
Yeah, and Google is also not exactly fast when it comes to indexing, probably because it's a new site and it doesn't trust it.

But we have lots of "share" buttons, so if you want the higher activity, don't forget to share your favorite debates in Facebook or Twitter, that could definitely help :)

Also there's lots of Reddit and Facebook groups dedicated to debating, so we should get their attention too, somehow :/
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
I want you to sing this every day in front of the mirror.

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
My activity was really high at first but I eventally got burned out. I'm getting back into it.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mharman
Point being there's plenty of members in that boat, you have no high horse from which to sit on and complain about inactivity.

Sometimes it helps to understand the struggle of those that irritate us, this is one of those times.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
I don't mind members taking a hiatus and logging off. My problem is when user join, make one or a few posts, and then never show up again.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mharman
Either you have an issue with the site being too boring etc to keep users and your attack is to the admin and the update-suggestion team (which I quit as I didn't like working with Ramshutu but I still help out with bug finds and public suggestions) or your issue is with the users quitting.

The latter issue is hypocritical, you're drawing an arbitrary line saying 'too new to quit', 'too inactive to justify taking a hiatus'. Thus, your issue may be with the website being not all that appealing. I have news for you, intelligent people who love to spar intellectually in a debating format are rare. That's a given. If, out of that pool of humans, we're still maintaining barely any in this day and age where a site this low-data-demanding should be accessible internationally, then yeah there's stuff to critique but I would say this site is the best debating website out there.

I will tell you why I backed Debate Island and was opposed to this site when the 'where should DDO go' thing happened. It was about wise investment, not monetary... I don't advertise for monetary gain by anything other than legally paid means but for the gain of the online debating community as a whole. You don't get what DI was, it was different to DDO because it did a lot to ensure the crowd that filled polls/opinions, forums and debates respectively on DDO all had to socially integrate on DI, making it so no one was alienated. It was the best out there and really had a community-feel to it but the admin grew 'cold' and unreachable over time, whiteflame's people-skills and ability to translate my rants to the Owner are nearly the only reason I coped there. I have high functioning autism and it makes me struggle at times with wording intelligent and complex things in a way that someone who isn't very 'rationally blessed' in the head can understand. I can't 'learn my way around it' because this comes down to raw way I comprehend language and is a disorder in my head where I genuinely process information like an algorithm so when Aaron, the DI admin, asked me why something had to be changed or ignored my suggestions I'd simply tell him 'because XYZ' and he'd either get it or wouldn't. I was growing tired as fuck of the guy, who clearly had more interest in appealing to the casuals than the tryhard debaters and since this website had an admin who, while shady for not revealing his identity etc, seemed to constantly pay attention to what users wanted and was the only admin ever on a website to truly apologise and forgive me after haphazardly permabanning me on my first week on the website, it told me this website was some place a madman like me could call home.

People who love debating will love that this website is all about quality content. That's all there is to say about it. This website doesn't give one shit about appealing to the masses for now, perhaps it will in the future. You got the forums if you're casual and the debates if you're a tryhard, if you're not into debating you obviously wont enjoy this website and that's something the admin simply accepts.

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman

Fair.

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
Sorry for not posting I guess. 
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Mharman
That actually happens on most sites.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
At least I know if I ever lose my house, I can stay rent free in RMs Brain.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Ramshutu
That actually happens on most sites.
Nah... it happens on less popular sites. Twitter, facebook, reddit, Youtube, etc... I doubt it even goes to one minute of no posts. 

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Ramshutu
But consider the hidden costs.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Mharman
I'm getting back into it.

good
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Outplayz
i was referring to “My problem is when user join, make one or a few posts, and then never show up again.”
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@oromagi
I’m sure it has space for all my things
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Ramshutu
Oh... then yeah, tru that.