Moving More Quickly on Moderation

Author: 1harderthanyouthink

Total: 169
1harderthanyouthink
Debates: 0
1harderthanyouthink
Castin is right that there's nobody that everyone will trust. Then again, not everyone trusts Airmax.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@1harderthanyouthink
It's not just about trust. 

Go to DDO right now and look at the 4 threads by Hari in the stickies on the Debate.Org page. AirMax just reinstated his account. Is that what we want because some people "enjoy the drama"?

That is an objective standard that AirMax sucks as a mod.

Mike, no voting. Do it on your schedule. 1harder is correct, but not so right as to preempt you. Everyone will deal with your decision.

Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
-->
@Castin
There def isnt a person that everyone trusts on here in general, let alone one trusted enough to be a mod... When Airmax was given mod status on DDO it was only because of an endorsement and universal praise by the previous mod innomen, who was basically a godfather of DDO from its earliest creation. A candidate worthy of being mod isnt going to be someone who naturally rises above the rest of the community, it'll be someone who starts off with nothing but a chance who can only work their way up amongst the community by how they handle the job. 

It might not be a bad idea to create TWO mods who would balance each other out, that way if one rushes to a rash decision the other could try to reign them in if they feel its appropriate. After a while if one mod proves himself and the other becomes a tad inactive, then that first person become the main mod and we have our version of Airmax
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
excessive cursing in a belligerent manner,
Fmpov either excessive cursing itself is impermisible or its allowed. "In a belligerant manner" is too subjective of a metric imo 🤔. And such instances would more efficiently just be kept a part of "targeted harassment". If two people are going back and forth heatedly, usage of directed profane language excessive or otherwise, isnt imho something that would constitute as a punishable offense. 

derailing threads not made to host drama,

This is an interesting point, and again would probably best fit within the targeted harassment metric. Fmpov if say two people have a tendency to get into heated arguments, might do so repeatedly, and would to easily be stretched to include ongoing drama.

Flame wars themselves as an independent metric seems too broad as well. If the content in the flame wars themselves is violating ToS, that would be sufficient enough, no?

The only other complaint i can reasonably think of would potentially be others who have to witness it. But this is where a block functionality comes into play. Deleting of the thread itself if it was a violation of ToS or contains violations therein seems a facially obvious step that's wholly within reason to these violations.

For Restraining Orders, why would a block functionality not solve this? Restraining Orders seems redundant and fmpov seem to just be adding arbitrary behavioral requirements for the purpose of adding severity to an offense/ a desire to expand banning powers beyond things that themselves violate ToS. As shown by the previously stated:

A violation of a RO can make a setup for another temp ban super easy should another incident happen

If two people are going back and forth in such a manner that violates ToS, that itself would be all that's necessary as a metric for bans. Adding a behavioral standard that in itself, as presented would be predicated upon standards that are subjective and could lead to adjudicatory dilemma 🤔

If two users in an RO are in a thread together... just one perceived line referring to something vague could be taken as a dig at the other person in the RO, leading to another powder keg to explode

though the RO was present, the violations of it caused were not of intent to break the RO, rather, from a percieved breaking of it. Not sure I feel so positive about punishing actions that lack intent.

Behavioral standards like, "keep it civil" and "no drama" are best left up to the discretion of the users themselves to excercise through a block functionality. Maybe a block from seeing user (X) posts in (Y) thread functionality? 

Slanderous posts themselves also seem like they would just fit under "targeted harassment". It's reasonable fmpov to have the expectation that heat generated in one thread should not spill over into others. However, the qualifier to that fmpov would be that the heat that spills over, not pertain to the topic of the thread created. 

If person X and person Y get into it on topic A. But then proceed to also on topic B, C, and D, in threads that were individually created on those topics, That fmpov doesn't constitute as reasonable grounds to police behavior. 🤔

Plus, as Smithers pointed out, a block functionality once implemented will solve most of these issues 

Castin
Castin
-->
@Imabench
Not a bad idea.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
I should be mod and ban everyone who stands in my way thank you.
Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@RationalMadman
This is why VPN’s are very useful. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
What is that supposed to mean?
Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@RationalMadman
I should be mod and ban everyone who stands in my way thank you.
This.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
You think I am afraid of you hiding?

I told you I see people beyond what they think I see.

I don't care if you're behind three VPNs in with a group of Linux nerds who have custom built their computer with the most undetectable of AMD chips at the core (Intel spies on you if you didn't know, but the joke is AMD does too). Do what you want, I am in touch with much higher powers than you heathens.

Try terrorize my website if I make one and you'll learn what a third eye is. I can spot you before anyone else, no reveal required. I sense you far before you are blatant to other humans.

Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@RationalMadman
You think I am afraid of you hiding?

I told you I see people beyond what they think I see.

I don't care if you're behind three VPNs in with a group of Linux nerds who have custom built their computer with the most undetectable of AMD chips at the core (Intel spies on you if you didn't know, but the joke is AMD does too). Do what you want, I am in touch with much higher powers than you heathens.

Try terrorize my website if I make one and you'll learn what a third eye is. I can spot you before anyone else, no reveal required. I sense you far before you are blatant to other humans.

Seek help.
1harderthanyouthink
1harderthanyouthink
So about that need for moderation.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
Should I bring some screenshots again?
1harderthanyouthink
1harderthanyouthink
-->
@RationalMadman
Screenshots of PMs ought be not posted publicly.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@1harderthanyouthink
Neither should insults to my mental health be typed by the fingers of a deeply unhinged psychopath.
1harderthanyouthink
1harderthanyouthink
-->
@RationalMadman
Look at how much you put into these flame wars, and look at how much she is responding with. Stop.
SamStevens
SamStevens
-->
@1harderthanyouthink

Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@1harderthanyouthink
Screenshots of PMs ought be not posted publicly.
Exactly. I've had the opportunity to post many screenshots showing vituperative messages from both RM and Zarroette, but I have refrained.  
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
Show them please. Or take it back.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
Show the PMs right now regarding me.
Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@RationalMadman
I would consider showing them if someone were to request it in a private message
Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
I think you should stop responding to her when she pokes you, Radman.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
You will use edotong methods to show fake PMs, I already know that.

Anyone who trusts a single thing you give them is a look at this point.

Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@RationalMadman
You will use edotong methods to show fake PMs, I already know that.

Anyone who trusts a single thing you give them is a look at this point.

No. This is yet another example of your chronic paranoia. 
Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@Castin
 think you should stop responding to her when she pokes you, Radman. 
RM has been harassing me for months. 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
It is the paranoid type who ends up being the one victim any serial killer can't kill. We are the lycanthropy to your vampirism.

We fear and respect you while knowing what you fail to fear. It is in your arrogance that you will always slip up and reveal what you really are and we will always be the ones to expose you.

Throughout history, it was always the paranoid types who exposed, outsmarted or were the wrong insect to try and squash for the psychopaths.

Sometimes we get outsmarted anyway but we are the counter-psyche to your kind.

The psyche that counters us is the kind one for we never get to fully enjoy them.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
Provide evidence.
Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@RationalMadman
Alright. I will read this as your eulogy. 

On that note, I'm sure your blood tastes very nice =) What kind of diet do you have?
Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@RationalMadman
As I stated above, I am only willing to provide it in PM's. 
Castin
Castin
-->
@Zeichen

think you should stop responding to her when she pokes you, Radman. 
RM has been harassing me for months

I'm saying in many cases you are the one who @'s him first. I think some of this drama could be avoided if you stopped commenting on his posts and just left him be. Is there a reason this course of action isn't worth a try?