Are rule followers bad people?

Author: Wylted

Total: 20
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
You ever notice how the rule breakers are the heros. Like Harriet Tubman or Rosa Parks, like Ghandi or Jesus. Like the American or French Revolutionaries. Even in my personal history. The rule breakers helped me get away from my abusive father and out of an abusive foster care system while rule followers like the DCF put me in those situations. Are people who are inclined to follow rules as opposed to break them just inherently bad people?

keithprosser
Debates: 0
keithprosser
-->
@Wylted
Good people break bad rules, but bad people break good rules.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@keithprosser
Even good laws can be at times bad lool at the thought ecperiment about The Case of the Speluncian Explorers. 
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Wylted
Chaos = no rules

Order = some rules

Absolute truths = ultimate rules

Relative truths = rules are made to be broken and/or change to adapt to changing circumstances

Rulers --- ex a yardstick--- = common agreement of methods used

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Wylted
Are people who are inclined to follow rules as opposed to break them just inherently bad people?
No.
It depends on the circumstance and since there are countless rules and countless ways of looking at the rules. I just need to find one I agree with in order for people who follow the rules are good. 

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Gandhi sexually assaulted young girls. Nice guy. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
As much as I hate Ghandi, that is bullshit. Sleeping naked next to young women is not the same as sexual assault, and I am pretty sure it was consensual also unless you provide some evidence of your claim.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Wylted
You are a moron who supports the rape of young girls. You go rule breaker. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Whether I am or not, it doesn't prove that Ghandi was a rapist. Also I think you have missed the point I made by focusing on Ghandi. Do I need to amend my statement and rempve the name Ghandi before you can respond to what I was actually trying to say?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Wylted
Sex offenders break the rules. John Lennon beat his wife, is he cool for it?  Seems so. If I break into your house and steal your stuff am I cool? There are rules that need broken and some that don't. The person your talking to can change the criteria. Over time people change how the feel about things if it turned out to be a good thing. Mustardness summed it up nicely though I hate to say it. And since there is no proof Jesus lived not sure he is a good example. 

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
His summary was nonsensical without supporting details. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Wylted
Then keep worshipping child molesters. Rule breaker. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Why don't you provide evidence of his child molestations and rapes and sexual assaults, if you believe he did these things so strongly?
AndromedaZ
AndromedaZ
-->
@Wylted
I think they are in cases where the rules are wrong. It doesn't matter how you came to the idea to do wrong, what matters is your actions. In addition, I think it's cowardly to default to following rules.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@AndromedaZ
So you should default to doing what is right even if followibg the rule is obly a minor inconvenience? If you are the last person on Earth and you see a red light, are you morally obligated to stop for it?
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Wylted
What about Syrian rebels?
AndromedaZ
AndromedaZ
-->
@Wylted
Yes, you should default to doing the right thing. As far as the stop light goes, I think morals are essential to the human experience. However, if there are no other humans alive, what is moral is dictated by *you*. So, it's a personal decision whether to stop at the light or not. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Dr.Franklin
According to a quick google search that only told me syrian rebels are anti government, and me with no other information about them than that, well than. I guess I support them based on that one sentence of information.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@AndromedaZ
However, if there are no other humans alive, what is moral is dictated by *you*. So, it's a personal decision whether to stop at the light or not. 
Good point. In South Bronx, after some point in the night, there exists nothing around for blocks and  blocks ergo a stop light out in midddle of nowhere and no one around.  Nobody bothered with those lights as any can clearly see any other car lights.  Same was true even during the daylight hours, tho most more conscious of more traffic --if not also police---  in general during daylight hours so there is or was, more consideration for lights given.

That is not really so much about morals as it is about rules/laws and common sense.

1} morals,

2} rules/laws { human creation },

3} common sense { rational vs irrational }.

birdlandmemories
birdlandmemories
Eh, I don't know. I guess it depends on the rules they're following, and their motives for following those rules.