oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi

mustardness
Debates: 0
mustardness
-->
@Mharman

Norman Fosters version of B Fuller 1933 Dymaxion  front wheel drive,  --proposed originally as a prototype for an areodynamic air car/bus --  if it had newer modern ugrades;

Ex front wheel steering instead of  rear wheel { like a plane tail rudder }, sfatery belts head rests, disc brakes etc.

This car looked like a spaceship next to cops and robbers of late 20's and early 30's. See LINK.  It is easy nowdays to know that this was great time for invention as humans were moving out of steam age and into the electric beginnings of the industrial age.

Chrysler pacifica land mini-bus is made in Canada. Canada seemsto be a cool country if not cold, so that is a plus one to start with for this auto.

..."Production is now underway of the all-new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid at the plant in Windsor, Ontario. The minivan is the only hybrid of any kind currently being made by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and is the only three-row plug-in family vehicle on the market besides the more expensive Volvo XC90 T8 utility vehicle.Dec 2, 2016"....

Club
Debates: 26
Club
-->
@Mharman
triangle.128k
triangle.128k
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
It looks nice and I used it in a game I think.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@triangle.128k

Not very good, eleiable or effecient vehicles and I loved that 61 Chrysler imperial with dark blue white interior and the square steering wheel.  I had the chance to purchase one as my first car for $300.

Was always sad I missed that opportunity and went with $75. Mercury instead.

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit

8 days later

Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Mharman

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@RationalMadman
Why they no longer produce bench seats is beyond me.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Snoopy
Exactly. Even if you lack a beautiful lover, anyone next to you is going to be far freer to bond and interact with you with that style of seating. 
The argument is probably safety but I don't know how to put this lightly... Car crashes happen because of foolish and inattentive drivers. The cars are not why they happen. It's true that a really sudden and unfair situation could occur but you shouldn't take a car like this and ride fast as hell, take it slow and steady and it's wonderful. I don't own one yet but it's my dream car and always has been.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Club
Did you just use BING
Club
Debates: 26
Club
-->
@Dr.Franklin
yeah
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Club

20 days later

Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
I would want a self-driving car as my dream car.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Christen
I would want a self-driving car as my dream car.
Next you will want it to wash itself also......your just lazy....Wink, WInk ;--)(--;

Christen
Christen
-->
@ebuc
With self-driving cars, we wouldn't have to worry about reckless/drunk drivers and traffic jams.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Christen
With self-driving cars, we wouldn't have to worry about reckless/drunk drivers and traffic jams.
Ok, so you have no sense of humor.

Your not going to find dissagreement from me on this issue. We entered the digital age around 1947.

My first encounter was 1964 my older brother had a Japanese transistor radio --AM only hen--- that fiit into a shirt pocket.

The next experience many of us had was probably electronic digial lighiting in our car or home radios or aka trancievers.  Agan my brother had one and he sold it to me.

Then in 1982 the compact disc appeared.

I got a commodore 64 in late 80's. Atari was  the main personal computer competor with these low end computers and we play PONG with the square bits on a screen.

It is a and exponential acceleration in digital technological abilities to the masses.

We have diigital body parts for arms, limbs, hearts and brain.

Nevada was first state to legalize semi-autonomous semi-trucks on Interstates{?}.

Soon I will have a brain implant that will let me know when my car has reached the ocean and tell me that because of a software error the OS forget to remind me to get into the car before it drove away leaving me at home.   ( * ) ! ( * ) Wink, WInk....,.

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Club
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Christen
Do we actually need personal transport? 

Aren't cars just an unnecessary luxury?

If you lived where you worked and dispensed with the notion that you always want to be somewhere else. Then you're feet or even a bicycle would be adequate.

This would also force/encourage fat lazy people to get up of their arses and move .
Christen
Christen
-->
@zedvictor4

If you lived where you worked and dispensed with the notion that you always want to be somewhere else. Then you're feet or even a bicycle would be adequate.
I agree. If I lived where I worked, then I wouldn't need advanced transportation, and simply walking would do.

It's just that most people DON'T live where they work, and they have to rely on advanced means of travel. I know a guy that has to travel across the state to get to my college to take his classes.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Christen
Yep. That sort of lifestyle has become the norm. Maybe we just need to rethink how we do things.

I think that travel and personal transport have become a notional necessity rather that an actual necessity.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
As a heavy advocate of public transportation and social democracy, I see little need to actually drive in this day and age. My dream car nonetheless is a smooth-sailing convertible as linked to in the earlier image I posted.
ebuc
ebuc
RM--As a heavy advocate of public transportation and social democracy, I see little need to actually drive in this day and age. My dream car nonetheless is a smooth-sailing convertible as linked to in the earlier image I posted.

Fuller believes in future most people will not own a car, only rent them.
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
This is now the biggest thread on the Cars Forum, which isn't saying much.
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Mharman
Almost everyone I know talks about cars, even people who don't have a car.

What do you like about the Peugeot?

Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@Snoopy
It just looks cool