Dem Debate 2 thoughts

Author: Imabench

Total: 148
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
Fucking Florida drivers dont know how to do shit when it rains in the afternoon but screw it. Tuned in earlier to see Kamala Harris talk about the Tax Code. 

Hoping this goes better than the previous debate where generic ass questions get asked for the entire first half of the debate, but I have a feeling it actually will now that the more interesting candidates are in this one (Sanders, Biden, Yang, Harris, Buttigegg or however you spell his name) 

Imabench
Imabench
Hickenlooper talking about why its necessary to keep private insurance is a ballsy move to make in a primary debate but it is the correct position on the issue, but his bragging about being super progressive in Colorado = he can do progressive things as president is nuts. Colorado isnt nearly as close to the middle as the US as a whole despite its status as a swing state when it is clearly a solid blue state. 

Sanders: "We can beat him by exposing him for the fraud he is"... Unfortunately a large chunk of society are too stupid to realize they are being duped, might need a different strategy for this one. 

Gillibrand barely able to get a word in before being cut off goddamn.  
DBlaze
Debates: 0
DBlaze
-->
@Imabench
dont you think the tax cuts contributed to the economy? 500 a month to people making less than 100,000? 

Imabench
Imabench
Deadass didnt even know that Michael Bennet was running for president nor that he even existed in the first place, but he is off to a good start for aiming for a public option rather than go straight for the Universal Healthcare option, taking a shot at Bernie in the process. 

Gillibrand chiming in again claiming she authored that transition aaaaaand everyone has already forgot. 

Pete Buttigieg also wise to take a shot at the whole 'free college' thing by arguing that ppl shouldnt need a college education to be successful and live well in the US. 

Yang is up on universal basic income, asking how will he do that. His labeling it the 'trickle up economy' is a nice spin but hes avoiding the technical part of the question of how he would actually pay for the program, which would come from US tax dollars taken today.... Mods also pointing out the 'value added tax' to fund the program would eat up some of the $1k a month given out to everyone, but he navigates around that one pretty decently. 

Never realized how thick Yang's neck is he looks like he used to be a fuckin linebacker not a tech executive. 
Imabench
Imabench
"Pass the torch" Shot at Biden by whats-his-name, but Biden seems eager on showing his liberal swing in an attempt to show he is still 'with it', whether people will buy it is anyones guess. 

Sanders and Gillibrand talking over each other looks pretty bad on both of them but Bernie has already adopted the 'crazy' label fairly hard so he can probably get away with it better. 

Harris solid bounce back 'Voters dont want a food fight they want to know how we will put food on the table', was worried she would fall into the hole Gillibrand is digging herself into by trying to just yell over everyone else. 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Imabench
Kamala is playing good cop while Swalwell and Gilibrand badcop the 2 old men out of the competition.

Kamala will win this debate hands down.
Imabench
Imabench
"Would you get rid of your own private insurance in favor of government run plans" 

Bernie and Harris only ones far left enough to actually support such an idea. 

Im surprised at how many Dems dont realize that if Universal Healthcare gets passed, they think the GOP will just not try to fight it and not try to undermine it at every chance they get. Thats just not realistic. Obamacare was fought every step of the way by the GOP and it wasnt 1/4th as radical as some of these newer proposals, any candidate who thinks they can just make Universal Healthcare a reality and a done deal are delusional. 

There's no forseeable future where Dems get enough people in Congress to impose their will over the GOP. You're going to have to work with them, and an increasing number of candidates are showing that they dont understand that

Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Greyparrot
If she gets a few more solid moments like that she definitely will, but thats if she gets more moments, and that bigger names like Biden and Sanders dont get solid moments of their own. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
Yang needs to talk more... Biden is sounding like an idiot as i thought... Harris had a pretty witty remark. This stage is better than yesterday so far. I personally like the interrupting. That blonde chick is pretty boss... chill-a-brand.  
Imabench
Imabench
Bernie getting a tough question where how he will get a government system implemented when state systems like NY and CA have failed (government healthcare), yet he distracts by pointing to how other countries have accomplished it and how corrupt the current system is. Thats not answering the question, thats dodging it, which the moderators just asked him again. 

"We will have Medicare for All when tens of millions are ready to tell the companies that their day is gone"

Must be nice to live in the fictional reality Bernie thinks is right around the corner. 

Imabench
Imabench
Who the legitimate hell is this person? Name is Marianne Williamson and shes just an author? Regardless her remarks are all over the place
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Outplayz
Biden is hanging in there but I agree with ya that Yang needs to get another question
Imabench
Imabench
WHY THE HELL DO THEY NOT LEAVE THE NAMES OF THE CANDIDATES ON THE SCREEN.... Christs sake, I cant tell which generic white guy is which, I still cant figure out who was John Delaney from last night. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
My deductible is not 5 thousand... if that's true... that's pretty messed up. I thought my 100 dollar dedc was a lot

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Imabench
Biden is hanging in there but I agree with ya that Yang needs to get another question
He is... but i'm just not impressed with him. He seems like a fake politician. That's not what i'm personally looking for. 
Imabench
Imabench
Sanders having a good point that they dont like the healthcare corporations that provide their healthcare plan, they like their doctors and hospitals, but again fails to demonstrate how that makes his idea of 'Medicare for All' somehow obtainable in 2020. 

Another food fight breaking out by Ryan triumphing over the moderators was a surprise. 

"Would your healthcare plan provide coverage for undocumented immigrants?"
(Everyone raises their hand)

Okay we've established already that the candidates for the Democratic Party are liberal, can we explore how the candidates are DIFFERENT rather than SIMILAR? Thats the fuckin point of debates isnt it? Everyone is on the same page on this one, move on to the next question so that we can maybe have an interesting conversation and a point of contention. 

Imabench
Imabench
Biden at least did some of his homework by firing off (admittedly previously discussed) talking points about how undocumented immigrants in some ways contribute to the economy as an explanation for why his healthcare plan would offer coverage to undocumented immigrants. 

If Biden can just 'get by' in this debate and not suffer an ass whipping like Beto or Ryan did the other night, he'll still have a chunky lead in polling after the debate. 

Christ we still have 7 months before the first actual primaries kick in 
Outplayz
Outplayz
Okay... is anyone else in here having a drink? Or am i the only one getting my whiskey on? 
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Outplayz
I think my deductible is around $300 (monthly) just because im young and not a smoker
Outplayz
Outplayz
Btw... Harris is doing better than i thought she would. She's really ambitious. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Imabench
How much is it if you visit the emergency room? Mines 100 dollars for hospital. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Kamala still winning.

Imabench
Imabench
Migrant question to Harris. Freaking Mods though completely miss the chance to ask a good question by just handing her the mic to let her give her plan

Much better question would be how would she handle the situations in Honduras, Nicaragua, and Guatemala which is causing the migration process in the first place. Just throwing money at the problem wont fix it, but I have a feeling a lot of candidates's plans dont go any deeper then that, and I would like to figure out which candidates those are so that I can start ignoring them more. 
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@Imabench
I agree, what is the hot woman’s name? I’d vote for her on looks.

Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Outplayz
Oh im pretty fucked if I have to go to the ER cause i opted for lower coverage since I live a pretty uneventful lifestyle. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Outplayz
I predicted this. It's going to end up with Kamala and Warren with Warren winning by a close margin at the end of all this.
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@Outplayz
no you are not the only one.
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@DBlaze
Tulsi Gabbard, and she did really solid last night. Her and Booker were the most googled candidates following the debate last night from what Ive heard. (Booker in the South, Tulsi everywhere else) 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Greyparrot
I don't know. They are pretty close. They are both passionate. I can't tell until they go against each other. If i'm going off just what i've seen so far... i'd say Harris is being more memorable than Warren at this point. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@DBlaze
Nice!! Rye? Scotch? bourbon? or other?