Are the JEWS upset that the CHRISTIANS stole their Yahweh God?

Author: BrotherDThomas

Total: 106
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
BrotherDThomas is a FOOL!
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@Dr.Franklin
He is not a troll, he has been on MANY forums
Can you blame me. Looks like he signed up recently and this is his first post. And he came right out of the chute flamebaiting. My cynicism keeps telling me that usually means one thing.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Castin
he has been in the comment section of all the debates though
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Castin
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Castin
Castin
Castin
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Oh has he? I only looked at the 2 debates and 4 forum posts. It seemed like a pretty small smattering of activity. Should've thought to check comments (and votes, probably). Let me see...

Yeah... so reading these comments isn't exactly filling me with faith that he's really a Christian. He acts more like a flamebaiting parody of a Christian. But oh well. Who am I to say. Don't know him.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Castin
Well I have been his enemy for a while and yeesh! he is not a Christian,but he is quite funny
Castin
Castin
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Gotta give him that.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Castin
Definitely has gaven me some laughs
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Castin
Definitely has gaven me some laughs
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

mopac,

YOUR DISRESPECTFUL QUOTE TO JESUS:  "Verse numbers did not exist until relatively modern times."

We are in MODERN TIMES, the bibles are in modern times, therefore like the bibles, show respect to Jesus and add the chapter and verse to your biblical verses, otherwise, it looks like you are making passages up on your own!

YOUR QUOTE: "Jesus Christ said to those crucifying Him, "Forgive them, they know not what they do."

Using Jesus' words above, you know what you do in running away from my post #8 to you! Don't you realize that Jesus is watching you RUN AWAY from his inspired word without addressing it? (Hebrews 4:13). Are you embarrassed in what the passage states in the name of our Jesus?

YOUR EMBARRASSING QUOTE: "I am baptized and Chrismated in the very Apostolic Church. I am an Orthodox Christian."

Okay, then take your baptism, Christ mated in an Apostolic Church as an Orthodox Christian  and address my post #8 to you INSTEAD OF RUNNING AWAY FROM IT LIKE ROSENDS WOULD DO!

Mopac, the members of DebateArt are watching you run away from my post #8 to you, why do you run in the name of Jesus?

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

mopac,

YOUR SATANIC QUOTE: "Poe's Law."

How dare you infer that I am operating under Poe's law?!  Who in the hell do you think you are? I am a TRUE Christian that has forgotten more about the Bible than you will ever learn from it!

If anyone is using Poe's Law, it is you because you can't address my post #8 to you, other than to RUN AWAY FROM IT, therefore you are  NOT A CHRISTIAN, but one that acts like one as you run away from Jesus' inspired words as you slap Him in the face.  BLASPHEME!

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
If you don't really know the bible, why are you shouting down at everyone? If you knew the bible, you would recognize my quotations.

I do not feel pressured by your egging me on. Quite the contrary.

It is written by Saint James the just and brother of the Lord in his namesake epistle, chapter 4 verse 6...

As well as the holy, glorious and all-laudable Apostle Peter in his namesake 1st epistle chapter 5 verse 5...

"God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble."

It is also written of by the Apostle John the theologian in his first namesake epistle, chapter 4, verse 20...

"If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?"

So in you hating me, I can discern that the truth is not in you.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

MOPAC,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE: "So in you hating me, I can discern that the truth is not in you"

Your quote above is Fake Christian excuse # 5938237887593 to NOT ADDRESS Jesus' inspired words because you cannot do it.   Listen up, the truth is most certainly in the passage 1 Thessalonians 2:14-15 that you continue to RUN AWAY FROM!

Whats your next Fake Christian Excuse going to be? Huh?  How about you can’t answer my post #8 to you because it is Saturday, and you are wearing a white T-shirt with a blue shirt, and the sky is cloudy instead of sunny, therefore you can’t answer it right now. LOL!

Why do you continue to slap Jesus in the face, when he stated that you are to DEFEND our faith! "He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it." (Titus 1:9) 

You fail to realize that DebateArt are watching you continue to RUN AWAY from Jesus’ inspired word in 1 Thessalonians 2:14-15, let alone, Jesus is watching you RUN AWAY as well! (Hebrews 4:13)

How totally embarrassing for you to show others that you are nothing but a FAKE CHRISTIAN, in name only!

Mopac
Mopac
From the acts of the Apostles chapter 7 verses 51-60

"Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.
But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,
And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep."

So what do you think a real Christian looks like, Thomas?

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
I agree that Bro is a flamebaiting troll, but 1 Thess does make intersting reading:

2:14 For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of God’s churches in Judea, which are in Christ Jesus: You suffered from your own people the same things those churches suffered from the Jews 15 who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out. They displease God and are hostile to everyone 16 in their effort to keep us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved. In this way they always heap up their sins to the limit. The wrath of God has come upon them at last.

It's not quite Martin Luther standard anti-semitism, but it's close!  It is argued that the passage was inserted later and not in the original letter written by Paul, but even so it shows that relations between Jews and Christians were not cordial and the charge that the Jews killed jesus goes right back to the beginning Christianity.

I can't help surmising that Paul was concerned that the Jews had personal experience of Jesus and Jesus' teaching and so would know that Paul was peddling a distorted version.  It was imperative for Paul to discredit Jewish criticism of his new religion so he cast them as actual enemies of Jesus.   If so, in order to promote his 'Pauline religion', Paul single handedly invented anti-semitism.

It may be significant that the Ebionites were Jews who accepted Jesus as Messiah, but did not consider him divine in any way and considered Paul an apostate.  Honestly, if Doctor Who was real there is only one time and place I'd want to go.  I'd love to see what was really going on, because while it's great fun to speculate wildly, it's damn frustrating!   

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

mopac,

At your embarrassment you have been dancing around the passage in question many times with non sequiturs ad infinitum. Here, let me make it as simple as possible for you, okay? Here is the passage that you continue to RUN AWAY from shown below. I want you to step out on a limb, if you can,  and actually use your own words and thinking instead of wimpy bible passages to the topic at hand.  At least try it for a change to show the members you have your own thinking, okay?

"For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of God’s churches in Judea, which are in Christ Jesus: You suffered from your own people the same things those churches suffered from the Jews who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out. They displease God and are hostile to everyone. (1 Thessalonians 2:14-15) 

QUESTION:  Why did the inspired word of Jesus in the Bible disparage the Jews in the manner shown in the passage above?

You asked what does a TRUE Christian look like? All you have to do is view my manly photo above my name on the left with bible in hand, praise!  In what ever you look like, that you Satanically represent in this forum, is NOT what a TRUE Christian looks like, understood? Sure you do.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@keithprosser

keithprosser,

YOUR QUOTE" "I agree that Bro is a flamebaiting troll, but 1 Thess does make intersting reading:"

Tell me, how can I allegedly be a flame baiting troll when I bring forth an actual biblical passage, that obviously you and mopac have never seen before, and where it is not my fault that the fake Christians that are ever so trying to address it, cannot do it and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath, you included?  

"For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of God’s churches in Judea, which are in Christ Jesus: You suffered from your own people the same things those churches suffered from the Jews who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out. They displease God and are hostile to everyone. (1 Thessalonians 2:14-15) 

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Tell me, how can I allegedly be a flame baiting troll when I bring forth an actual biblical passage, that obviously you and mopac have never seen before, and where it is not my fault that the fake Christians that are ever so trying to address it, cannot do it and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath, you included?  
Being a flamebaiting troll is less about subject than about style.

As I pointed out to Castin, the fact you are a troll doesn't mean those verses in Thessalonians aren't of interest,  because although they aren't the only anti-jew passage in the nt, they are particularly explicit.

I am not a Christian - I am an atheist with an interest in the origins and development of religion, particularly Judaism, Christianity and Islam.   I suggest you re-read my post #56

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
The answer is in the next verse

"Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost."

Under Roman law, Jews were not allowed to proselytize or accept converts. Christians attracted a lot of negative attention because they both proselytized and made converts.

So the earliest persecuters of the church were the non-Christian Jews, because they saw it as a survival issue. All of the Jews would be blamed for what these Christians were doing. 

As it was written in the Apostle John's gospel(chapter 11 verses 49-53)...

"And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all,
Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.
And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;
And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put him to death."

So why did the bible passage(actually written by Saint Paul) disparage the Jews in the scripture you pointed out? Because they were supposed to be a light to the gentiles, and instead they put the light under a bushell. 

Now when I say, what do you think a real Christian looks like, I am not talking about physical appearances.

You keep calling me unchristian, but as I said, you are not in communion with the apostolic church. So if you want to keep going that route, know that I am unphased by your accusations.