Are the JEWS upset that the CHRISTIANS stole their Yahweh God?

Author: BrotherDThomas

Total: 106
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
There is nothing Christian about hating Jews, Thomas is missing the context.

keithprosser
Debates: 0
keithprosser
-->
@Mopac
I agree that Christian dogma does not mandate hating Jews.   The Thessalonian passage acknowledges that the Jews were hostile towards Christianity, but dogma is 'Love thy enemy'.

Matthew 5:44 "But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

Theologically, I don't think Bro has a leg to stand on!

But anti-semitism does exist and Christianity played a part in establishing it by teaching that God had turned away from the Jews and towards the gentile world.   The destruction of Israel as a Jewish state around 70AD meant that Jews were outsiders everywhere, and hence an easy target and convenient scapegoat everywhere.   Theologically unsound it may be, but in practice passages such as 1Thess superficially put the jews 'beyond the pale' and justified oppressing them.

Big subject, too big for a forum post to cover in one go!

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

mopac,

YOUR QUESTIONABLE QUOTE: “So why did the bible passage(actually written by Saint Paul) disparage the Jews in the scripture you pointed out? Because they were supposed to be a light to the gentiles, and instead they put the light under a bushell.”

How could the Jews begin to be the the light upon the Gentiles, when Jesus Himself stated that his followers are not to be in contact with them in the first place to be that light?!  

Jesus' final instructions to his disciples couldn’t be any more specific: “These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, ‘Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.” (Matthew 10:5)

YOUR IGNORANT QUOTE: “Now when I say, what do you think a real Christian looks like, I am not talking about physical appearances.”

Barring the fact that you didn’t follow through with your claim above in what you really meant, then you used the wrong connotation in using “what does a Christian look like?” This is why I made bold the words “look like”  because of it being questionable.  You could have used the term; “What does a Christian represent and acts like” instead.  I am not responsible for any Christian using bad english, therefore since you are representing our faith, I suggest that you get up to date with your English speaking skills so Jesus won’t be embarrassed about his Christian representives like you.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@keithprosser

keithprosser,

YOUR QUOTE: "I agree that Christian dogma does not mandate hating Jews."

JESUS' INSPIRED BIBLICAL WORD: Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5) 

BIBLE DISPARAGING JEWS QUOTE: "For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of God’s churches in Judea, which are in Christ Jesus: You suffered from your own people the same things those churches suffered from the Jews who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out. They displease God and are hostile to everyone. (1 Thessalonians 2:14-15) "

Dogma or not, and since Jesus' words are flawless, then when Jesus' inspired word states with specificity that the Jews killed Jesus and the prophets, and displease God, then the Christian is to accept this fact because even mopac nor I could never state that we know more than Jesus' words, period!  

DO THE SIMPLE MATH!

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@BrotherDThomas
What are you implying?  Just say the simple math.  Please show your work.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Snoopy

Snoopy,

YOUR COMICAL QUOTE: "What are you implying?  Just say the simple math.  Show your work"

Are you the pot calling the kettle black? Show ME in what religion you follow or not, along with other things about you since you have absolutely NOTHING to say in your biography, but yet want others to SHOW THEIR WORK!  In you not comprehending my statement, I did show the work relative to keithprossers initial statement as being fundamentally wrong with Biblical verses. Get it? Huh?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
Christianiry was illegal for the next few centuries, so it isn't like it was any different for Christiams.

And The.Church is not "the.gentiles". The church is Jew and Gentile. The Church is Israel, that is certainly what we believe.

Certainly though, no perversion of scripture makes it acceptable Christian behavior to do anything but show charity to others, especially those who are in err.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas

Jesus' final instructions to his disciples couldn’t be any more specific: “These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, ‘Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.” (Matthew 10:5)

You know that at the end of the gospel sccording to Saint Matthew(actually chapter 28), Jesus said..

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen"

I don't believe you are a real Christian or even trying to be one. I think you are pretending to be a Christian in order to make Christians or Christianity look bad.

If you are trying to be a Christian for real, I suggest you find an Orthodox Church and talk to the presbyter.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

mopac,

NOW YOU ARE STATING THAT OUR JUDEO-CHRISTIAN BIBLE CONTRADICTS ITSELF?!

BROTHER D'S POST:   “These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, ‘Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.” (Matthew 10:5)

MOPAC'S POST:   "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen" (Matthew 28: 18-20)

My post explicitly states that JESUS STATED that His disciples are not to preach to the Gentiles or Samaratans, but instead, only go to the lost sheep of THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL. Supporting this proposition, Jesus stated: He answered, "I was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of Israel.” (Matthew 15:24)

Now you go and ruin my post by bringing forth a BLATANT BIBLICAL CONTRADICTION of Jesus now stating that His followers are to go and teach all nations, which runs contrary to Him stating that they are to go only to the House of Israel, and barring the fact of His disciples are not to preach to the Gentiles and Samaritans!  ( Matthew 10:5)

Mopac, are you trying to make me lose my Christian faith? Huh? Were you sent here by Satan Himself that allows you to try and spin doctor Jesus' word to the benefit of Satan?  

Mopac, what is going to be your next ungodly Satanic apologetic spin to the topic at hand?

YOUR IGNORANT QUOTE: "I don't believe you are a real Christian or even trying to be one. I think you are pretending to be a Christian in order to make Christians or Christianity look bad."

WRONG!  Just because you cannot address my posts as a minion of Satan regarding certain passages and narratives, is no reason whatsoever to call me in not being a Christian! BLASPHEME!  I am a TRUE Christian, that reads ALL of the Bible, therefore running across certain passages and narratives that are troubling to our faith. Whereas you on the other hand as shown, you remove one foot to insert the other ad infinitum in trying to apologetically spin doctor said troubling passages and narratives away in the name of Satan!  

YOUR UNCHRISTIANLIKE QUOTE: "If you are trying to be a Christian for real, I suggest you find an Orthodox Church and talk to the presbyter."

As explicitly shown, I am a TRUE Christian for real, and if anyone is to find a church that can help them with their Devil Speak in showing bible contradictions, bringing forth meaningless non sequiturs in the name of Jesus, and by not accepting Jesus' exact words, IT IS YOU THAT SHOULD FIND HELP WITH A PRESBYTER!

Mopac, you are getting real close to committing the drastic Unpardonable Sin, and for that, I am truly sorry!

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
This is not how Christians conduct themselves.

Repent.
Mopac
Mopac

NOW YOU ARE STATING THAT OUR JUDEO-CHRISTIAN BIBLE CONTRADICTS ITSELF?!

That is what you are doing by pulling a passage out of context and falsely calling it the last command Jesus made to his disciples.

My quotation comes from the same Gospel. 

You have repeatedly shown in this topic that you don't read your bible.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

mopac,

YOUR INSIPID QUOTE: "This is not how Christians conduct themselves. Repent."

How Christians ARE NOT to conduct themselves, as embarrassingly and drastically shown by you, is to RUN AWAY from not being able to address the inspired word of Jesus as shown in my post #69 to you!  Don't you realize that Jesus is watching you RUN AWAY from his faith? (Hebrews 4:13) Are you not embarrassed over this Satanic act of yours, and you want to be called a Christian, are you kidding? LOL!

You continue to RUN AWAY from our Bible's true inspired words from Jesus, when it dictates that you are to defend it, as shown in the following passages:  "We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ," (2 Corinthians 10:5). "He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it." (Titus 1:9)

REGRESSING, HOW DARE YOU POSIT THAT I AM NOT A CHRISTIAN, WHEN IN TURN, YOU BLATANTLY RUN AWAY FROM JESUS' INSPIRED WORDS IN MY POST #69 TO YOU!  CAN YOU SPELL H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E?  SURE YOU CAN, SATAN INCARNATE!

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Satan is literally the accuser.  You are going around accusing others.

Before anyone called you a fake Christian, you were accusing others of being fake Christians, unjustly I might add.

Truly you are judged by your measure.

Where is Satan here? It should be obvious.

Mopac
Mopac
Even the devil quotes scripture  As is shown in the temptation of Jesus in the desert.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

mopac,

You have only returned to remove one foot to insert the other, AGAIN!  WHY?

YOUR UNGODLY INEPT QUOTES: " That is what you are doing by pulling a passage out of context and falsely calling it the last command Jesus made to his disciples.

"My quotation comes from the same Gospel." 

"You have repeatedly shown in this topic that you don't read your bible."

It matters NOT whether it is the first or last command ever spoken by Jesus, nor if it is within the same gospel, because EVERY, and I repeat, EVERY inspired word of His is without fail, FLAWLESS (Proverbs 30:5), do you understand this simple biblical axiom? Huh?  Therefore regarding Matthew 10:5 verse Matthew 15:24, you have shown the direct inspired word of Jesus to be CONTRADICTING, PERIOD!  

Mopac, you have done nothing but grasp for the proverbial straws in your vain attempt to rewrite Jesus true words with your ungodly Devil Speak, and for this, you will pay upon Judgment Day for sure!  “But as for the cowardly, the faithless, THE DETESTABLE, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, AND ALL LIARS, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)

Mopac, you are no more a Christian than Satan, of whom you represent within this forum!

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Obviously one set of instructions was for a time.

You are not reasoning as a Christian, but as an agent of discord. 

Repent.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

Mopac,

How can you continue to type, where your finger tips must be bleeding profusely because of you grasping for your Satanic proverbial straws with some of the most embarrassing and lame responses that I have seen in a long time?!  Look at your ever so weak posts to try in vain to cover up our Jesus' direct statements!

YOUR SATANIC QUOTE:  "Obviously one set of instructions was for a time."

Obviously? Huh?  To take this out of the range of your subjective personal opinion, which is meaningless relative to the Bible, where within our Judeo-Christian bible does it specifically state that what Jesus said was only for a certain time period regarding Matthew 10:5?!

1.  Are you calling Jesus a LIAR relative to Matthew 10:5, where in fact He stated to His disciples to not preach to the Gentiles and Samaritans, but ONLY to the House of Israel though out the world?  

2. Where in the bible is there a time limit for Jesus to say that He was only sent to the House of Israel? He answered, "I was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of Israel.” (Matthew 15:24)

3.  Barring that Jesus finally healed the Gentile woman's child after disparaging her, where in the bible is there a time limit for Jesus stating again that He was ONLY sent to the lost sheep of Israel? Then Jesus said to the woman,“I was sent only to help God’s lost sheep—the people of Israel.”  (Matthew 15:21-24)

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE UPON YOURSELF: "Even the devil quotes scripture  As is shown in the temptation of Jesus in the desert."

Praise Jesus!  You have finally admitted that you are a minion of Satan sent to DebateArt to spew forth your Devil Speak to show discord towards Jesus' word!  

YOUR SATANIC QUOTE #2: "You are not reasoning as a Christian, but as an agent of discord."

Let me get this straight, so when I bring forth a biblical axiom of what Jesus actually stated to His disciples in Matthew 10:5 that is truthful, AND THEN YOU bring forth a passage by Jesus that contradicts the one that I brought forth, then it is YOU creating the discord! LOL!  Oh my, what the fake Christian like you won't do to save face, as Jesus is not smiling in your behalf. (Hebrews 4:13)

Relating to your questionable bible knowledge, I am following this inspired by Jesus passage in your behalf: Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes.” (Proverbs 26:5)

Mopac, maybe you need some time off in acting as an agent of Satan here at DebateArt religion forum. Have you thought about this situation, where you could take that time and rethink your position with our faith, because bar none, you are a poor representative to Jesus’ Christianity of which you will pay upon Judgment Day.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
You cannot mask your sophistry with your many words and vitriolic rhetoric. You are out of line with what the church teaches.

Therefore, you are in heresy. It would be better for you to repent.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

mopac,

In your post #78 above, that's all you got in the name of our Jesus?  Is that it in your perceived refutation to my godly biblical axioms? That's it???!  And you want to be called a Christian? LOL!!! 

WAIT, you forgot AGAIN to address my questions to you!  There is a pattern forming by you to continue in RUNNING AWAY from biblical axioms that you just cannot explain away and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath. This proves once again that you are either Satan incarnate, or you were sent here by Satan himself.

As explicitly shown throughout this thread, you continue to sin against Jesus by trying to rewrite His direct words, therefore like I've said before, you are of the DEVIL as you erroneously parade yourself around DebateArt as an assumed Christian, where the passage below describes you to the letter:

Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil." 1 (John 3:8)

YOUR EMBARRASSING QUOTE:  "You are out of line with what the church teaches."

This can be easily deduced to the fact that what your division of Christianity teaches is NOT what the Bible truly teaches when it is read in its entirety, understood?  You see, I don't have the problem that you do, because I am a TRUE CHRISTIAN that accepts biblical axioms no matter what they say, whereas you, as shown, turn yourself into a pretzel as a minion of Satan to try and explain away these disturbing passages and narratives within our bible.  Therefore, you continually slap our Jesus right in the face, and you expect to see Heaven upon your demise, are you kidding?

How will you deal with your presbyter of your Orthodox Church since you cannot lie (Exodus 20:16) in telling him that while on DebateArt you have rewritten Jesus' true words within this thread, as if Satan has done this himself?   The irony is that you are the one that needs to repent post haste!

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
You are not in communion with The Church.

Therefore, you are not a true Christian.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
You seem surprised that the bible contradicts itself, have you not read it?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
The epitome of incoherence is:

"Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost."

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Even the devil quotes scripture  As is shown in the temptation of Jesus in the desert.

Who recorded and retold that story?
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

mopac,

Hey, I have a great concept for you, ready?  

1.  Show me WHY, and I repeat, WHY am I not in communion with your chosen church relative to you RUNNING AWAY from my questions to you that are in behalf of our Jesus?

2.  Why is the only thing you have regarding Jesus' true words, is for you to RUN AWAY from them as shown ad infinitum within this thread?

I would NEVER be a part of your church where you have set an example of RUNNING AWAY from Jesus' true words, and for that, you will play upon Judgment Day for sure!

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
You seem surprised that the bible contradicts itself, have you not read it?
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@disgusted

disgusted,

HELLO? I know the Bible contradicts itself and I am trying to deal with it as a TRUE Christian. It is the ever so ignorant minion of Satan "mopac" that is having a hard time dealing with it!

Mopac is no more a Christian than Satan!

Castin
Castin
Looks like we got us a real genuwine Christian faith-off going on in here.

All things considered I'll be rooting for Mopac. The winner will be presented with a Holier Than Thou award. It will be a medal, you can wear it around your neck to church.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Castin
Please don't insult my faith by calling this walking sack of Poe's Law a Christian. 

Please don't make this an arbitrary bout of self righteousness either.

Castin
Castin
-->
@keithprosser
Oh, undoubtedly interesting.

I can't help surmising that Paul was concerned that the Jews had personal experience of Jesus and Jesus' teaching and so would know that Paul was peddling a distorted version.  It was imperative for Paul to discredit Jewish criticism of his new religion so he cast them as actual enemies of Jesus.
Yeah, I think that's nailing it, plausibility-wise. He was certainly a strategic propagandist.

Always seems like every spinoff religion's first concern is putting as much distance as possible -- figuratively or literally -- between it and its parent religion. Can't be taken seriously while they're still living under their parents' roof, eh?

If so, in order to promote his 'Pauline religion', Paul single handedly invented anti-semitism.
I'm not armed with enough information to be comfortable going quite that far. Since the Jews were an impoverished minority group even before the time of Paul, I can't discount the possibility that they were subjected to prejudice even before that time. Whether Paul can be credited with popularizing antisemitism is another matter.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Mopac
Please don't insult my faith by calling this walking sack of Poe's Law a Christian. 

Please don't make this an arbitrary bout of self righteousness either.
Oh, all right. I take it back and we'll be all serious about it. I suppose calling him anything would be something of an insult to that thing.

Though I thought I already made my real opinion clear on that in post #19.