Whether the term God is capitalized or not, is NOT the question!

Author: BrotherDThomas

Total: 24
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas

The individual that is proffering a God concept should know in which god they are referring to instead of using the term "God" in a generic form, whether capitalized or not.   

When bringing forth a God in discussion, so many act as if the term "god" refers to only one god of the universe, of which it does not. The term "God" is a title only, and not the name of a specific god like Zeus, whereas in the same vein, the term president is a title, whereas the name of the president was Robert Kennedy.  There are many possible gods that are within the Bronze, Iron, and Middle Ages of time, therefore, to save further embarrassment for the person, and the god in question, show specifically in which God you are talking about with its appropriate name for Christ's sake!  2+2=4.

Example, there are 3 main specific Gods left in human history at this time.  Allah is the Muslim God, Yahweh is the Hebrew God, Jesus/Yahweh is the Christian God, therefore be specific, get it?   This is NOT rocket science!

I have never seen so many FAKE  AND BIBLICALLY IGNORANT CHRISTIANS than on DebateArt Religion forums, they will pay upon Judgment Day, praise Jesus' revenge! (Revelation 9 and 11)

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy

God is the only being called God that I know of. Allah happens to be Arabic, not Islamic, and continues to be spoken by Christians and Muslims with reverence.  Speaking of "a god" as if to just another entity probably wouldn't make sense assuming people don't practice paganism. 

Stronn
Debates: 0
Stronn
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Most religious people here are monotheists. They believe there is only one God, so specifying which one they mean is unnecessary. They mean the one true God.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stronn

Stronn,

Case in point, it matters not if one is a monotheist, polytheist, or any other god believing individual, THOSE GOD(S) IN HISTORY HAVE A NAME, PERIOD, to say otherwise is a complete liar!

Who is the one TRUE GOD when one is a Christian?

Who is the one TRUE GOD when one is a Jew?

Who is the one TRUE GOD when one is a Muslim?

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
There are at least millions of Gods.
Stronn
Stronn
-->
@BrotherDThomas
My point was that monotheists believe all those other gods are not true gods, so in their mind there is no ambiguity.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas

There is no need for a new topic.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

mopac,

Once again your ignorance precedes you not being able to accept that a person is wrong in using TITLES instead of actual NAMES of said gods. Understood? It's a very simple deduction if you can truly think about its foundation, okay?

Listen, you are having a hard enough time within the link below where you have turned into a minion of Satan regarding the fact that you are essentially calling Jesus a LIAR!  If anyone needs to repent, it is YOU!

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Yeah when you name everyone killed in WW2, donut.

Translate this from donut into coherent.
made it clear to us that don't believe gods don't even exist.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Won't the coven let you invent one?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted

Can you name them,sea worm?

And how can you say that when you have made it clear to us that you don't believe gods even exist. You say god was invented by "very primitive humans", but haven't proved it yet. 

You are determined to derail someone else's thread and have no intention of addressing the op . How you  get away with such vile disruptive behaviour is scandalous. How come the mods do not see you for what you are.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Translate this from donut into coherent.
made it clear to us that don't believe gods don't even exist.
Deleting one post and replacing it with another without notice is just a lie. But as we've seen that's all you have.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
Deleting one post and replacing it with another without notice is just a lie. But as we've seen that's all you have.

No it is called E_D_I_T_I_N_G .  One has only a matter of minutes to delete, correct and or completely edit a post. I made a typo and I corrected it. 

Can you name them,sea worm?

And how can you say that when you have made it clear to us that you don't believe gods even exist. You say god was invented by "very primitive humans", but haven't proved it yet. 

You are determined to derail someone else's thread and have no intention of addressing the op . How you  get away with such vile disruptive behaviour is scandalous. How come the mods do not see you for what you are and ban you permanently. 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
It's called lying.
Don't keep running away.
I'll name all of the gods claimed by man to exist just as soon as you name everyone killed in WW2, donut.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stronn

Stronn,

YOUR QUOTE: "My point was that monotheists believe all those other gods are not true gods, so in their mind there is no ambiguity."

The irony is the fact that if one is a TRUE Christian, we believe in three gods into one, equalling Jesus the Christ.  Nonetheless, we Christians obviously have the correct God of the many that were shown in the Iron, Bronze, and Middle Ages, where like you pose, the others are false gods to Christians. Even though the Greek God Zeus is mentioned within our scriptures as being an actual real god, which this has always bothered me because our bible gives validity to Zeus as being as real as our Jesus! Ouch! 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Tritheism is a heresy.

Zeus is a created god.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

mopac,

YOUR CONTINUED BIBLE IGNORANT QUOTE: "Tritheism is a heresy.  Zeus is a created god."

Do you need another "Bible-Slapping?"  Do you have some sort of a fetish in being bible slapped by a TRUE Christian like myself?
You are opening up another venue where I will make you the FAKE Christian fool again!  Why do this in front of so many members of DebateArt?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
I do not feel the slightest bit threatened by you. Your folly is manifest to all. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Zeus is a created god.
ALL gods/Gods are created by humans.
When in history is the first mention of your god and who mentions it?

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

mopac,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE: "I do not feel the slightest bit threatened by you. Your folly is manifest to all. "

I understand why you can't be threatened by me whatsoever, and this is because you don't have the sense to feel embarrassed in the fact that you are the most dumbfounded and bible ignorant FAKE Christians on DebateArt!  Case in point, stupid and bible ignorant people like you do not know they are stupid and bible ignorant, because of the fact that they are stupid and bible ignorant. Do you understand? WAIT, I am sorry, you can't! LOL!

Jesus and I will continue to show you to be a minion of Satan, praise Jesus!

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
It is evident that you are masquerading as a Christian in order to draw hatred to us. You should be ashamed.

Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
-->
@BrotherDThomas
This is an interesting topic. I agree that we should be more specific in regards to what God or Gods we are referring to. The bible mentions and talks about gods in many places.  specifically 2 places i would like to mention.  Not to just you but to everyone.
psalms 82:1-8

psalm 82:6  have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.   (Some translations say Sons of the most high)

john 10:30-38

John 10:34-36 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”'? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

I believe these Gods he is referring to is angels
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Melcharaz

Melcharaz,

There is a "plethora" of gods mentioned within the scriptures, where these gods did not win out in the end results of the Biblical era, whereas our god, Jesus the Christ, won over the other gods of the Bronze, Iron, and Middle Ages.  Even though I am a TRUE Christian, I hate it when FAKE Christians mention only the term "God" when referring to our Yahweh/Jesus/Spirit, whereas there are 2 more Abrahamic gods that exist in the form of Yahweh, Jewish god,  and Allah, the Muslim god.   This is the main reason to mention what the hell god one is talking about!

YOUR QUOTE:  "I believe these Gods he is referring to is angels."

The following inspired by Jesus passages to the Christian faith give the notion that angels cannot be gods.

For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus," (1 Timothy 2:5)

"Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god." (Isaiah 44:6)

"For this very night there stood before me an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I worship," (Acts 27:23)

Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
-->
@BrotherDThomas
then how does he judge among the gods as its written in psalms? there is a difference between him being El and then eloheim.