I am the lowest ranked Dart member. AMA

Author: Wylted

Total: 27
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I am the lowest ranked DART debater (type 1 is banned so technically I am lowest). I am page 7 of the leaderboards. Ask me any advice on my strategies and for any tips debating in this format. 

Wylted
Wylted
My strategy for moving to page 1 is merely to work on updating and moving my content over from DDO. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Wylted
Does it really matter which page you are on?

Don't you have more important things in your life to worry about?
Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
-->
@zedvictor4
Exactly who cares about the leaderboard? 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@zedvictor4
Are you here to learn from me or what?
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Wylted
Some suggestions to get to the top 30:

1: Make easy debates.  Your profile says your a libertarian.  This probably means you support the 2nd amendment.  Make a few debates labeled, "All guns should be banned" your con.  I did this like 5x and most of the time, someone accepts the debate then forfeits because their mind was changed due to your arguments.  If you copy my arguments, you'll lose points for plagiarism, so don't do that.

2: Try not to forfeit debates

3: If you want to argue an unpopular position, make the debate unrated.  With this new feature, I was able to argue, "The US should invade Africa" and not lose any rating points.  If you want practice arguing without risking losing any more rating points, then this unrated feature would help you a lot.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Alec
1: Make easy debates.  Your profile says your a libertarian.  This probably means you support the 2nd amendment.  Make a few debates labeled, "All guns should be banned" your con.  I did this like 5x and most of the time, someone accepts the debate then forfeits because their mind was changed due to your arguments.  If you copy my arguments, you'll lose points for plagiarism, so don't do that.

I am con on that would still rather take pro, because easy wins are not fun and tarnish your record

2: Try not to forfeit debates

I do have that problem, don't I lol. Yeah I will try harder

3: If you want to argue an unpopular position, make the debate unrated.  With this new feature, I was able to argue, "The US should invade Africa" and not lose any rating points.  If you want practice arguing without risking losing any more rating points, then this unrated feature would help you a lot.

I agree with this strategy being effective but I just think it is cowardly and boring. I want to feel challenged in a debate. I think I can make it to the top 30 without utilizing those rules. I did it against much tougher opponents than what we have here. Your advice generically speaking is excellent, but I just find it boring and also a bit unethical.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Wylted
Sure.

I'm always open to new ideas.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
What patterns to Ramshutu's voting have you noticed?

Do not say he votes for me in some arranged bs, it is very blatantly the opposite.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
Been a while. I just think he has a style of voting that can be used more to rationalize a decision rather than doing an actual impact analysis from a cold disinterested way that is more fair. I linked Bluesteel's voting guide in my border debate that outlines the only correct way to vote in a completely fair and unbiased way if you are interested. Ramshutu's votes seem to be more fair lately, but he still thinks about things like "better arguments" which allows a judge too much discretion and is certainly not tabula Rasa.
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
-->
@Wylted
Rank the following types of potatoes from your favorite to least
-Mashed
-Baked
-Fries
-Tots

Would a silverback or a polar bear win in a cage fight?

What are your opinions on anarcho-primitivism?

Do you pay attention to sports? If so, which ones?

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@warren42

2 -Mashed
1- Baked
 3-Fries
 4-Tots

The silver back would win. It is faster, stronger and most importantly more agile.

Anarch primitism is something that should be strived for if we can't push the world towards a technological singularity. Tge problems it solves are problems also solved by the singularity, but the singularity is more rewarding. The few problems a singularity would not cure, are okay to live with in my opinion. I am trying to learn Ted Kaczynski's positions more thoroughly before he dies, so I can write to him about the singularity. He seems to have considered a singularity in his various works but mantains a skeptical view of it. Let's just say if you are skeptical a singularity will happen you should be anarcho primitist, if not you should be transhumanistm there is no excuse to hold any other over archibg ideology. 

I used to be a big Carolina Panther fan, but my free time is very limited. I would rather spend it with you guys, or family members I love. 

warren42
warren42
I agree with your answers to both of the first two questions.

Do you prefer billiards or darts?

What drugs have you done? Which have you enjoyed and which have you not?

What genres of music do you enjoy?

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@warren42
I play pool and prefer it. I am a 6 in the APA.

I have only done THC and adderal. Adderal as a performance enhancer but have stopped doing it because I don't want to harm my heart. The same reason I quit energy drinks. 

Marijuana makes me sleepy and I haven't smpked in years and have obly smoked a few times. Edibles I have done more recently but only because the fiance brought them in the house and I was bored. 

Even when I drink it is just socially but have been learning to slip slower even when socializing. A 3 hour event I might drink 1 beers, If I am feeling frisky 2 beers. I haven't had a beer since the last time I went on a hangout drunk, being drunk is getting even more rare though because I fear a loss of control doing irreversible damage to me or people I love. 

Adderal is not enjoyable just a performance enhancer

THC just seems to be a relaxing thing to me.

Alcohol merely helps to release ny inhibitions.

None of these things other than thc seem to make me feel good but the feeling with thc is fleeting because I end up sleeping through my high. 

You should also know I don't usually take anything prescrived to me for pain or any reason outside of antibiotics because I fear that pain medicine will be ineffective on me when I am old and need it the most. 

I do want to try that hallucinogen that makes people see machine elves though, because if there is another accessible layer to our reality than I want to experience it, the o ly thing that has stopped me is fear of a bad trip

Wylted
Wylted
My 3rd answer was about anarcho primitism. What do ypu disagree with there?
warren42
warren42
I don't know enough yet, been too busy to keep reading Industrial Society and its Future, but gonna read some tonight probably
Wylted
Wylted
His views were more hashed out after that I hear. I am willing to start a book club with you to read through his followup material
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Wylted
Who cares? the leaderboards suck anyway, all the top guys won't debate each other and chicken out and they make excuses when they are on all day!-https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/1925.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I just debated 2 guys who are in the top ten and they are both pretty incompetent. Reading comprehension problems one bragging on his profile he does not like to read (probably due to comprehension problems) and they tend to vote on each others debates with poor ability to even comprehend what they are reading let alone  the ability to give an RFD that is in any way logical
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Wylted
Yeah, pretty much sums up the voting on this website, when you make a debate, make sure you only make Ragnar, Ramshustu, and Blamonkey as judges. And at ALL costs, don't let imabench vote

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I can agree with that, mostly
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Wylted
 because easy wins are not fun and tarnish your record

Sorry, that';s the ONLY way you can make it on the leaderboards
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Oh, I guess I will never make it than
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Wylted
Me either

12 days later

Wylted
Wylted
I am no longer the lowest ranked player. I have moved up 3 spots since I posted this. I still have one loss which hasn't registered yet, but it will likely only drop me a spot. Believe in yourselves. Anything is possible. Still on pg7 of the leaderboard but I will keep crunching.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
I'M SO PROUD
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
Oooof