The last haven for online debaters

Author: DebateArt.com

Total: 8
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
I was doing my research on other debating platforms out there and accidentally I stumbled upon this small article here, which made me realize that what we have here is possibly the last haven for people that like proper online debating, because, if my research is correct, all other platforms are simply living out their last days. We all know what happened to DDO so this is not even worth mentioning, but there are also platforms like Qallout, DebateIsland or Edeb8*** and some other, that either stopped active development or even worse, they are on their life support and may get shut down at any moment. So what we have here is rather unique and I wanted to thank you guys for being here and for showing your support. We're not just another forum or website for fighting with trolls and idiots without any purpose to it, we've managed to actually build a good community of smart and decent people and I am proud of you folk :)

*** I talked to the owner of that platform a while ago and I believe he's working on a completely new version so there's hope for that. 

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
I didn't mention Kialo.com project and even though they have an extremely fancy website and somewhat similar idea, I am not sure if they will be able to monetize the service to the expected values so I have a feeling they may disappear at some point too.
Club
Debates: 26
Club
-->
@DebateArt.com
I hope DART doesn't turn that way. DDO has been on for 11 years, A DECADE OF WORK! All destroyed by lack of moderation and as a result, trolls, cussing, insult slinging and more. I think moderation is the only way to keep debate sites from crashing down. 
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Club
Yeah, moderation is extremely important and I believe we got lucky with our mods :)

Even if I decide to move on to some other project, I will probably just hand over the development to somebody else and the site will continue to live and evolve.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
Also I wanted to ask you guys help me attract people here to keep the community growing. If, for example, you are a member of some Facebook or Reddit debating groups, don't be shy to share the debates that we have here, we have quite a few good quality debates and I think it could easily attract some more smart people here :)
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@DebateArt.com
I will fight by your side til death
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I will fight by your side til death
'Until death do we part' aka 'as long as we both shall live'.

Long term marriage is on the way out, if I understand the statistics of USA correctly.

I dunno about globally.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@mustardness
Who said anything about marriage?