Church of martyrs 50 million killed for being Orthodox

Author: Mopac

Total: 23
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac

(Editors Notes: We cannot even well imagine but "50 Million Victims Of The Orthodox Christian Holocaust" is not the correct number, as we have learned from Alexander Solzhenitsyn that more then 66.5 million Orthodox Christians also perished from 1917 and onward during the times of the Soviet Union. Secondly the New Martyrs of Serbia are increasing, the killing of innocent people, the destruction of Churches, Monasteries, Cemeteries, and homes, as well as a massive killings of Serbian Orthodox Christians, and countless missing people.)

(OP Notes: this article doesn't take into account the killings since 1999)

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Yassine
Note the genocides of The Turks. There are Armenian diasporics that are welcomed at our church. Most people hear of the Armenians, but they are not familiar with the Assyrians and Greeks who were also targets of this genocide against Christians.

Millions killed.

Not hating on you or the Turks, simply pointing out relatively recent history of how Christianity has not been allowed to flourish in Muslim countries as you claim, even in your own country.

Mopac
Mopac
And of course, worse than any persecution of the church in history was that which was done by the Soviet Union, professing "Scientific Atheism" as its state religion.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

mopac,

Your bible ignorance allows you to add more proverbial egg upon your face everyday.  You are still having a hard time in understanding that our Jesus is the "King of the Jews," and only was sent here for the Jews of the House of Israel, AND NO ONE ELSE, UNDERSTOOD? Therefore, when Jesus posited that His followers are not to preach to anyone other than the Jews, then it is no wonder His Christian followers are murdered in other countries that have their own beliefs that run contrary to the Christian faith. Get it?

I have schooled you upon this topic ad infinitum within this link https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/2050?page=3 with direct posts #8, #51, #54, #57, #63, #69, #72, #75, #77, #79, #84, #92, therefore, to save further embarrassment for you with lame topics like you have shown in your latest topic herein, reread the information that I gave you again, learn it, accept it as the TRUE word of Jesus, even though you RAN AWAY from it!  

You can thank me later in helping you get out of the fact that you continue to make yourself a FAKE Christian in the name of Satan.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
"For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him."

"But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all."

"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

"And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
And ye are witnesses of these things.
And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high."

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Yassine
Debates: 3
Yassine
-->
@Mopac
Note the genocides of The Turks. There are Armenian diasporics that are welcomed at our church. Most people hear of the Armenians, but they are not familiar with the Assyrians and Greeks who were also targets of this genocide against Christians.

Millions killed.

- This is not History, it's sensational propaganda. Why would the Ottomans suddenly decided to "genocide" the Christians in their lands after 6 centuries of protecting them?! Prior to this so called "genocide", & following the Greek revolution (Orthodox Church) early 19th century, 5.5 million Turks were killed in the Balkans & more than 5 million were displaced from their homes -all purged to the last person, their villages, mosques, schools... all decimated to the ground -all this with the full support of western European countries, Britain & France. The Armenians sided with the Russians in the war, that makes them not just enemies but also traitors, & the Turks lost 700 thousands fighting them too. This was no "genocide", it was war, during which the Turks lost far more lives more than the others combined. The Young Turks, to whom much of this is attributed, isn't even a Muslim government, it's a secular government with nationalistic & European ideals -which begot Ataturk.

Not hating on you or the Turks, simply pointing out relatively recent history of how Christianity has not been allowed to flourish in Muslim countries as you claim, even in your own country.
- When the Ottomans took Constantinople, thereby annexing Greece (which was under Byzantine rule), they just let them be & gave them the freedom to practice their religion & laws without interference, they even reinstated their Patriarch in Istanbul. When the Greeks gained power & took over, they literally purged the Turks to the last man.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Yassine
Devshirme
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Yassine

I'm amazed you believe that the Turks simply left Christians be to practice their religion in peace without interference. That is certainly not in line with.the experience of the church.

Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Mopac
Devshirme
- A categorically un-Islamic practice through and through, though perfectly understandable. Conscription was an essential part of the Ottoman regime for a good part of its history, given its geopolitical situation in being surrounded by great enemies from -literally- every side. In times of war, countries always opt for conscription, as did the US for instance during the many wars it was involved in, from WWI to the Vietnam War. I guess the Ottomans figured they should do that to in such times of war...

I'm amazed you believe that the Turks simply left Christians be to practice their religion in peace without interference. That is certainly not in line with the experience of the church.
- Indeed, it is a fact. It's called the Millet system. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Yassine
You are kind of on the side of the oppressors, so I don't expect to convince you that we are a great deal more offended at these things, and justifiably so than you can understand.

Mopac
Mopac
Kidnapping children, forcing them to convert to Islam, and having them fight in war is like comscription in The United States. WOW.

Yassine
Yassine
You are kind of on the side of the oppressors, so I don't expect to convince you that we are a great deal more offended at these things, and justifiably so than you can understand.
- I'm absolutely not on the side of the Ottomans in this case, for the practice is simply un-Islamic, it's immoral, it's sinful. But I do understand the rationale behind it, as you should. In principal, Muslims should be the ones to fight, whereas non-Muslims pay the Jizyah in exchange for exemption from fighting because you can't expect them to fight for a cause they don't believe in. The Ottomans reversed this in Devshirme, they dropped the Jizyah & instead replaced it by a military tribute, in which they take non-Muslims to fight for them. It's really convoluted & shady. But you have to understand, they were surrounded by enemies from every side ready to eradicate them. Conscription is the only option. This was also unfair to the native Muslims, because the military (Janissaries) had immense power & influence in the state -a privilege these natives were forbidden.

Kidnapping children, forcing them to convert to Islam, and having them fight in war is like comscription in The United States. WOW.
- Unhistorical sensationalism. In the 19th century, 7 year olds were hanged for committing a crime in Europe. Societies then didn't deem them children. Many kings were crown as young as 10 years old. Mehmet the Conqueror was 12... Conscription is indeed kidnapping by the state, forcing you against your will to sacrifice your life, which is, Yes! indeed, what the US & Ottomans did (& many other states).
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Yassine
I just want to make it very clear that The Orthodox Church does not act as  a worldly government, neither does it wish to. It is not really right to judge the church or Christianity based on the actions of a worldly state.

I would also like to point out that The Roman Catholic Church, which has not been Orthodox for over a thousand years, does not represent us or our ways. In fact, they attacked us during the crusades as well!

Protestantism is a reaction against Roman Catholicism, but they ditched the church along with Rome.

I would also like to point out that even Orthodox Countries have oppressed the church. The Roman Emperor meddled with the church quite abit, often times erring on the side of heretics. The Russian Tzars were not much different. 

The point being, the actions of these states must be understood to be distinct from that of the Church, because The Church is not a secular authority. It doesn't really matter how godly these governments claim their intentions.

What we Orthodox Christians are called to do is pray for the governing authorities, even if they are oppressing us. Maybe even especially if they are oppressing us. Indeed, we do this during every liturgy.

Our religion is very much not to be trouble. The only time we are trouble to governments is when they attempt to coerce us into worshipping idols or abandoning Christ. In that case even, the example we were given is to die peacefully as witnesses. Not that we seek death, but sometimes circumstances make it an unavoidable situation.

disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Maybe they were killed just for being stupid, you know cleaning up the gene pool one crackpot godist at a time?
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Mopac
I just want to make it very clear that The Orthodox Church does not act as  a worldly government, neither does it wish to. It is not really right to judge the church or Christianity based on the actions of a worldly state.

I would also like to point out that The Roman Catholic Church, which has not been Orthodox for over a thousand years, does not represent us or our ways. In fact, they attacked us during the crusades as well!

Protestantism is a reaction against Roman Catholicism, but they ditched the church along with Rome.

I would also like to point out that even Orthodox Countries have oppressed the church. The Roman Emperor meddled with the church quite abit, often times erring on the side of heretics. The Russian Tzars were not much different. 

The point being, the actions of these states must be understood to be distinct from that of the Church, because The Church is not a secular authority. It doesn't really matter how godly these governments claim their intentions.

What we Orthodox Christians are called to do is pray for the governing authorities, even if they are oppressing us. Maybe even especially if they are oppressing us. Indeed, we do this during every liturgy.

Our religion is very much not to be trouble. The only time we are trouble to governments is when they attempt to coerce us into worshipping idols or abandoning Christ. In that case even, the example we were given is to die peacefully as witnesses. Not that we seek death, but sometimes circumstances make it an unavoidable situation.
- This is a very good attitude. Piety > religiosity.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

mopac,

YOUR UNGODLY POST #13 QUOTE: "It is not really right to judge the church or Christianity based on the actions of a worldly state."

AGAIN, when does your bible ignorance ever stop?!!!  What the hell do you mean it is not right to judge others no matter how it is done, especially a church like yours that allows you to be downright ignorant fool regarding Jesus' inspired true words!

JESUS STATED:  Remember the Lord Jesus Christ commanded, "Judge righteous judgment" (John 7:24). He told a man, "Thou hast rightly judged" (Luke 7:43), and the most important judging verse is when Jesus told others; "Why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?" (Luke 12:57). THEN YOU, IN THE NAME OF SATAN, GO DIRECTLY AGAINST JESUS' WORDS SHOWN ABOVE RELATIVE TO JUDGING!

Mopac, at what point do you stop calling Jesus' word LIES?  Furthermore, at what point do you leave DebateArt to save further embarrassment regarding Satan entering your body to make you the most dumbfounded of any FAKE Christian on this forum?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Clang clang 
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

mopac,

YOUR ADMITTANCE OF ANOTHER BRUTAL LOSS TO ME: "Clang clang."

Jesus and I thank you once again for admitting another loss to His TRUE words! You are a complete joke within this forum as you continue to RUN AWAY from His bible passages!

MOPAC, YOU ARE NO MATCH WHATSOVER TO THE TRUE WORDS OF JESUS THE CHRIST, GET USED TO IT!

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Jesus and I thank
Prove it. What a stupid claim.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@disgusted

Disgusted,

Instead of you making an outright fool of yourself in this forum with your child like sideline antics,  why don't you take some time to actually fill out your biography page to show us your real modus operandi?  Or, are you too embarrassed to fill it out in the first place?  If need be, get some help from another Hell Bound Atheist, okay?

Remember, a BLANK biography page equals a BLANK mindset that you continually show this forum.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Support your ridiculous claim about you and Jesus (whoever he was) or keep spraying spittle on your screen. I can't take someone seriously if they believe in a literal genesis. It's all fiction little one.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@disgusted

disgusted,

Ahhhhh, the ol' inept Atheist stance of answering a question with a question, how new, NOT!  

What part of my statement to you; "why don't you take some time to actually fill out your biography page to show us your real modus operandi?" didn't you understand?  Do you need help in this matter, or are you to embarrassed to state facts in your biography?

You are giving the Hell Bound Atheist acceptances a bad name, good for you!

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
It's the same question I asked before your asinine post.