I don't get it

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 18
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
What happened? to DDO, the religion forum on DDO is toxic, the debates are weird and dead, the ads are annoying, the glitches are annoying, and did it get hacked and spammed?
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I think the mods didn't want to do their job anymore.  Hopefully our Mods have more endurance.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Alec
It wasn’t the mods. It was the site owners.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@bsh1
?  
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
A head-mod pseudo-admin who couldn't do enough backdoor to save the site during spam barrage and other things but had enough power to oppress the eccentric members.

Then many of the eccentric members (not me but others, though I am included in the group) ran to the only forum section where it seemed that being weird was fine and being normal was punished... the religion forums.

Over time, airmax1227, imabench and others ensured that there was a general consensus of the Religion forums being the shithole that no one needs to visit or refer anyone else to. A combination of tactically bullying and ganging up on any Religion Forum main who showed up in other parts of the website as well as having a mod in charge of Polls and Opinions who was very fond of Airmax and vice versa led to the site driving religion-focused ranters to one place on the website. You may ask 'one place? what about the debates of people like backwardseden?' yeah, that results in the winrate he had. They'd gang up and vote against weird ranters and not give you the time of day.

So, naturally what happened was that if you wanted a place to belong as a weirdo, especially a religion-focused one, you needed to solely debate and interact with the website in the highly polarised Religion forums... This then meant you had a series of alpha males and alpha females competing over space, attention, feeling intelligent etc and no beta personalities, let alone omega, to keep things peaceful or make anyone feel good. Sure, there were a few here and there but they were sort of 'I don't care what you think of me' types and didn't really do much other than make others know someone was listening. So, everyone was either highly confrontational and socially awkward or they were the opposite to such an extreme extent that they'd basically go 'I understand you, I just don't care all that much.'

This then made people fight more and more and more.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
The Fucking Religion forum, huh knew that place has some smell to it
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Atleast we both hate Imabench
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I hate him on a deep fucking level but as a Progressive (as opposed to you who is a Conservative), you and I see hate differently.

I got my own back on him while banned from the site, I won't go into it but others may. We get along now with mutual respect for each other's prowess at driving the other away.

He completely relishes in the agony of those he preys on and picks on people specifically because they are easy to upset. He is in every way someone I resent but I respect that he can adapt very well, albeit not as well as me.
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
Gonna give my two cents on the OP even though you guys have gone ahead and built up a nice head of anger at me for pretty much no reason....

Basically what happened was that Juggle, the company that owned DDO, became far more preoccupied with its other business ventures that DDO quickly fell to (almost) the bottom of the list -> http://www.juggle.com/corporate/our-companies/ ... They made far more money from its other ventures than it ever could from putting ads on DDO, so they pretty much just stopped paying attention to the site. 

The first two big things that happened were spambots and the forfeit glitch.... Spambots began showing up on the site posting nonsensical threads at random on the forums where the heart of DDO operated. It was annoying at first, but still tolerable, since the threads they made were easily deletable and the accounts that made them snuffed out as quickly.... The forfeit issue though, where debates forfeited in any round would not update to the following round and be effectively frozen, did annoy a lot of members. A lot of people who already didnt like debating because of stricter voting protocols enacted earlier stopped debating completely since now even an easy win from a FF was no longer a possibility. 

The site stayed in that state of mediocrity for at least 8 months or so (maybe longer), but then the spambots got worse. What became 5 or 6 threads every couple of days became 5 to 6 threads every day, and then in every forum. At this point the whole site knew that Juggle was completely uninterested in keeping up the site, so older members began to stop visiting one by one while newer members didnt have much reason to stay since the site was in decay..... It all came to a head when waves of spambots legit flooded the whole forums with mountains of spam. For nearly 3 straight days from 8/4/18 to 8/6/18, nearly 63,175 spam posts were created nonstop. That final blow finally pushed any members left on the site to look elsewhere to move while there was still some sort of community left, and the rest is history. 

As for the religion forum, that forum has always been a battleground of crazy lunatics who just ramble about whatever is annoying them at the moment (Quick examples I found just from browsing -> https://www.debate.org/forums/religion/topic/4342206/ , https://www.debate.org/forums/religion/topic/4342204/ ) 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
yes,I'm a troll on DDO forums but to keep those people away from here plus it's funny
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Ah, gotcha....

Is there even anyone left on DDO to troll at this point though? Last I checked not even the main forum gets a lot of non-spam activity anymore and that the only person still posting there is Inferno when he feels the need to hear himself talk to no one in particular (again, as usual) 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Imabench
The opinion/poll section of DDO is still active

Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Christ I forgot about those sections.... 

You could make a decent argument that those places were the true underbelly of DDO.... 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Imabench
Yeah, there is a small community of pollers

It is a weird place
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Imabench
Gonna give my two cents on the OP even though you guys have gone ahead and built up a nice head of anger at me for pretty much no reason....
Good thing PM Doxxing is in the CoC. :) We both know one of the many reasons is something that would change people's view of you who haven't seen it. 

Imabench
Imabench
What are you even talking about? The only PM's we shared together are limited to just two topics:

1 - Mutual confusion over Batman's vote on our debate a while back
2 - You sending me 18 PM's in a row threatening me to not bring up our past history on DDO in the forums, immediately after you tried to bring up our past history in a thread in the forums, that you tagged me in. 

Imabench
Imabench
Its also really odd that you are so anal about me not trying to 'ruin your reputation on here' yet at every chance you get you try to throw me under the bus for stuff I wasn't even involved in/had no major role in whatsoever.... Blaming me for the decline of DDO and the Religion forum? If you honestly believe that then thats pretty sad. Thats as nonsensical as me trying to blame the forfeit bug that started happening to debates on DDO as a result of you posting a picture of a fleshlight into that debate that ended up getting deleted. 
triangle.128k
Debates: 0
triangle.128k
The site was ran by Jews