Islam, " only a tiny minority".

Author: Stephen

Total: 259
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
Repeatedly quoted and requoted, the phrase is often used by apologists when radical Islam bubbles to the surface.

In this 6 minute video that myth is finally put to rest. Interesting is the fact that this person quotes the well respected Pew Research Centre as his source. 

The Myth of the Tiny Radical Muslim Minority https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg&t=114s

disgusted
disgusted
Youtube the gospel of the nonsense brigade.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Stephen
Islam is not a religion of peace
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Tell that to the bulls in Pamplona.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@disgusted
I did
disgusted
disgusted
iT'S ACTUALLY A TRNITRYORITY
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
Supporting sharia law does not automatically make you a radical. Shapiro's use of statistics is misleading and he is not to be trusted

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@dustryder
Shapiro's use of statistics is misleading and he is not to be trusted
No one is to be trusted when an issue becomes politicised.

It's probably true that very few muslims are likely to plant bombs or lynch gays it is almost as wrong to imagine most muslims are fully liberal and progressive as it would be to imagine most Creationists or Amish are liberal and progressive.   As I have said repeatedly - but stephen misses it - there is a problem because a dangerous conservative form of Islam is becoming increasingly dominant and influential.  Wahaabist Islam normalises homophobia and misogyny.  It explicitly idealises an imaginary past that defines morality as conforming to a narrow and literalist interpretation of scripture.

While not every Muslim is explicitly wahaabist, the influence of wahaabism has pushed islam towards conservatism and away from liberalism.  A genrtation ago a moderate muslim was liberal and progressive - now it just means they are not a potential suicide bomber.

I am not saying every muslim is a terrorist or a potential terrorist, but the bulk of Muslims are less liberal and less progresive than the bulk of westerners. 

Why I am opposed to Stephen is what to do about it.  I think he sees this as an opprtunity to get rid of brown people!  I see it as requiring finding a way to change the mindset of British muslims - and ideally, muslims everywhere.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@keithprosser
Most creationists are consverative
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@dustryder
Supporting sharia law does not automatically make you a radical. Shapiro's use of statistics is misleading and he is not to be trusted

They are radical beliefs that are well supported and if you listened to it all you will have heard that these radicals support the extremist 99% in what they are trying to achieve ; a worldwide caliphate.

After the Tsunami in Indonesia more muslims turned radical because they believed that Allah had punished them for "straying" from his laws.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
I am not saying every muslim is a terrorist or a potential terrorist, but the bulk of Muslims are less liberal and less progresive than the bulk of westerners.  

The point is that  muslim "radicals" are more likely now to support the muslim extremist.

Why I am opposed to Stephen is what to do about it.  I think he sees this as an opprtunity to get rid of brown people! 

Calling me racist is not going to cure the problem of there being more radicals than the "tiny few" apologist like you want to admit. There are millions of muslim radicals that support the muslim extreme terrorist. 

I would like you to point out to the forum where I have stated anything racist keeping in mind islam is not a race, as much as you try to tell the world that it is.  You would also be hard pushed to find anything from me that could be called " anti-muslim". So go on, knock yourself out. I knew you would be the first apologist to make this thread personal. That's all you can do when slapped between the eyes with the truth of the matter. So again, fk you prosser.

dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@Stephen
They are radical beliefs that are well supported and if you listened to it all you will have heard that these radicals support the extremist 99% in what they are trying to achieve ; a worldwide caliphate.
If you took the entire sharia law system and followed them in their entirety, sure, sharia is pretty radical. My issue is that Shapiro's depiction of the data is basically propaganda.

For example, one of the first statistics Shapiro states in his video is that according to a 2009 poll, almost 50% of the muslims in Indonesia support strict sharia law not just in Indonesia but in other countries. He then states that 70% of the muslims blame the US, israel or some other country for 9/11.

The same 2009 poll states:

Generally, supporters of sharia are most comfortable with its application in cases of family or property disputes. In most regions, fewer favor other specific aspects of sharia, such as cutting off the hands of thieves and executing people who convert from Islam to another faith."
Are muslims who mainly favor the application of Sharia law towards family or property disputes radicalised? Where is the mention of this in Shapiro's video?

In terms of the 70% of muslims who blame the US/Israel other country for 9/11, was the US completely blameless in what the Al-Qaeda thought were justified motives? Moreover are the people who think that the US aren't blameless actually radical muslims just for holding that opinion?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@dustryder
Where is the mention of this in Shapiro's video?

Nothing stopping you showing that statistic. But it would only add to the point that "radicals"  are not just a "tiny minority".

Shapiro's use of statistics is misleading and he is not to be trusted

Irrelevant. Attacking the man and not the ball doesn't win you an argument.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
You claim that moderate Muslims don't exist and now you've created radical Muslims to go with your extreme Muslims, that's 1.5 billion Muslims in your worldview all radical or extreme, you must be dead already. 1.5 billion murderous, radical, extremist Muslims must already have killed all of the white people, according to you. I mean I held my funeral last week after I'd been killed by 1.5 billion murderous, radical, extremist Muslims. You must be right. bwuahahahahaha
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Stephen
I can't comprehend how much of a bigot you are.

This has got to be enough to call you an Islamaphobe because if you actually realized what he was doing. He was using many different sources to increase the number. All those sources have different ways to gather data and do not have the same level of validity and are talking about different things. With this in mind it is completely awful way of gathering data. By saying X poll says 20million then another says 20million. I will now add them together and I get 40million. That is what that video just did. No mention of them having the same level of measuring data nor how they measure data similarly. You actually don't know what you are talking about and keep your hate for brown people to yourself. If that didn't get into your skull here is a video that does say the video is bad but kind of in a different way than I did.

Thank me later if you have changed. If you haven't be quiet.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I would congratulate you on this but I would be accused and convicted of personal attack.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Stephen
I would congratulate you on this but I would be accused and convicted of personal attack.
If Stephen had any balls he would actually apologize for blatant Muslim bigotry in a form of false evidence but since he is consistent of not showing his biases I doubt he will admit to it. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@disgusted
I typed the last one to you but Stephen can see it as well. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I agree with you
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
If you had balls, you would apologize for your blatant bigotry of Christians.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
If you had balls, you would apologize for your blatant bigotry of Christians.
I just disagree with them. Lol.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You want them banned for being a Chrstian
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
You want them banned for being a Chrstian
Where did I say this?
Do you not understand how you can have a disagreement with someone?

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I think being Religious as in Christian pretty much should be banable 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I think being Religious as in Christian pretty much should be banable 
I meant Christianity. I kind of changed my statements later on reflect. I couldn't edit the comment so I left it as is. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
So supporting Christianity?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
You claim that moderate Muslims don't exist

I have never made that claim,sea slug. I have asked what is a "moderate muslim" and are the people in this video moderate muslims. See for yourself if you can stay focused for 3 minutes., 

"Moderate" Muslims try to defend the death penalty for apostasy, adultery, homosexuality.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@TheRealNihilist
If Stephen had any balls he would actually apologize for blatant Muslim bigotry in a form of false evidence

The evidence you claim to be fales comes from the well respected Pew Research Centre. So fk you, I won't be apologising for anything. You will have to debunk that research point by point.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
You're a liar
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@dustryder
Are muslims who mainly favor the application of Sharia law towards family or property disputes radicalised? Where is the mention of this in Shapiro's video?

Of course they are if the want Shariah. Because you may not have noticed but along with Islamic "family & property disputes" shariah law aslo  has the death penalty for homesexuals, adulterers and and apostates.  If you believe that in Islam you can pick and choose which laws you agree with and those you do not, and which ones you will accept and which ones you will not accept,then you have no understanding of Sharia .