Author: Discipulus_Didicit

Total: 51
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Why do you think I'm trolling?

You don't take your own material seriously, and don't seem to hold much integrity in my view.  You are asking for people to react to something that is pretty much meaningless to you.
keithprosser
Debates: 0
keithprosser
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
(Yeah, mostly looking for Keith and SM to give their take on this.)
Well,it seems to all hang on the validity of p2 anf p3.

P2: If God was evil then alcohol would not exist.
P3: If God was good then hangovers would not exist.

P2 implies that alcohol is good.  

Eccles 9:7 "Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do."

If god approves, who am I to disagree?  

But Eph 5:18 gives "Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit,"

Which, I am sure, means it's better to drink spirits than wine, unless you want to go to debauchery, wherever that is.

So, having proven from scripture that alcohol is indeed from our beloved good God, how to explain hangovers?

1 Peter 5:10 "And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace,who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you."

Praise the Lord!

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

Mopac,

YOUR DECEIVING QUOTES: "I do not consider you when I say "we", as you are not with The Church.  For you to call God evil is not something we would ever do.

See, this is the difference between a TRUE Christian like myself that accepts ALL of the Bible and its blatantly true outcomes, and where you are a FAKE Christian that can't accept Jesus as being evil in murdering innocent children in the Great Flood, where you have to turn into a pretzel in apologetically explaining this biblical axiom away!   TRUTH vs APOLOGETICS, get it? Huh? Maybe? Yes?  With you being taken over by Satan, you probably don't get it, which is sad.

Keep trying in vain to "spin doctor" our faith away from the truth in the name of your handler, SATAN! You and Doc Frank are true examples of what a FAKE Christian represents, congratulations.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@BrotherDThomas
God was never evil
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
You have never answered the question of which church you go to.

You must be a lone wolf.

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@keithprosser
So, having proven from scripture that alcohol is indeed from our beloved good God, how to explain hangovers?

1 Peter 5:10

Classic!
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Alcohol is as Alcohol does.

The human approach to alcohol is the same as the human approach to religion. Stupidity!
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@zedvictor4
Aw an all theists are stupid post. Never had one of these before. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Aw an all theists are stupid post. Never had one of these before.

Wow so now you are advocating that people who think all theists are stupid should be rounded up and thrown in labor camps. I can't believe this site tolerates such intolerance. You must be friends with the mods or something for them to let you get away with this.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Poor tard. 

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Just say you meant this for P2:

"If God was good then alcohol would not exist."

Someone else would have to defend either alcohol being a good or some weird gymnastics. 

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@TheRealNihilist
If I did that the syllogism would collapse because the conclusion would not follow the premises so I would effectively be spouting nonsense.

Edit: Given how many people seem to think this thread is about alcohol and/or that somehow I am saying god is evil despite me clearly saying the opposite they probably would actually respond the way you predict.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Wait, who reported this OP to the mods? Lmao.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Didn't even read the conclusion. Stopped when I read the alcohol part. Okay guess God is morally neutral or non-existent under what you said but theists can say they get their morals from God and use that as their objective guideline so you are not going anywhere with them. 
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Wait, who reported this OP to the mods? Lmao.

Not me, anyway.   I think your OP was a little gem and my post merely gilded the lily...

9 days later

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
If you are talking about my god... alcohol is only for the strongest souls. Bc they are the only ones that can survive it. But i guess "morally neutral" is my god, so you win. 
Castin
Castin
"Alcohol is good" is a value judgment of yours. I mean, I agree it's good, but it's still an opinion being inserted as a premise. Just saying.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Castin
"Alcohol is good" is a value judgment of yours.

Yeah, the same can be said of any sentence that goes "_____ is good" or "_____ is bad"

That is how language works.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Put debatable value judgments in your premise and you're just gonna get people who reject your premise from square one. If you don't care about that, sure, go crazy. Language away.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Castin
Put debatable value judgments in your premise and you're just gonna get people who reject your premise from square one.

This is a debate site, that's what premises are for.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Ideally you want to establish an agreeable foundation so you can proceed to your argument and make your case, and then receive counterargument. When people reject your foundation they won't even engage your argument. They'll dismiss it and it won't get off the ground.

This isn't the debate section though. We don't have to follow rules like that or do the ideal thing. It's much looser and let-fly. Whatever amuses us. Yeahhhhh.