There'll never be closure on whether God exists

Author: Fallaneze

Total: 554
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
It is not an assumption that God exists. The Ultimate Reality must exist.
An assumption until justified. You haven't justified it. I can simply say Ultimate Reality must not exist. Try and give and argument. I don't think you are capable but you just might be an individual. 
If God doesn't exist, there is no reality. As you are having an experience, you have undeniable scientific evidence that there is some form of existence. If there is some form of existence, there must be an existence as it truly is. This Ultimate Reality is what we mean when we say "God". To someone with this God, The One True God, atheism is not a tenable position.
You always state the opposite is wrong without saying how you are right. It almost as if a defection is the best claim you have for God. Pretty much you are wrong so I must be right even though you haven't stated how it isn't the Jew God or the Islamic God. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Everything is wrong to you, you are a nihilist. It is all meaningless. Our conversation is meaningless, and being meaningless there is no conversation. Nothing, just the abyss. 

Nothing.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
Everything is wrong to you, you are a nihilist. It is all meaningless. Our conversation is meaningless, and being meaningless there is no conversation. Nothing, just the abyss. 
Meaningless conversation can be informative or have a winner but I don't think you seem to grasp that. Oh well.

Nothing.
Hive mind. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
To win or to lose is meaningless. To be informative is meaningless. All vanity.
To the nihilist, the world is everything and God is nothing. It is faith in the abyss. To the Christian, the world is nothing and God is everything. It is faith in eternity.

Mopac
Mopac
Nihilism has nothing to offer but the void.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
To win or to lose is meaningless. To be informative is meaningless. All vanity.
Doesn't make you less right or wrong. Can you please stop ad-homming instead address the point at hand.

What God are you talking about? 
To the nihilist, the world is everything and God is nothing. It is faith in the abyss. To the Christian, the world is nothing and God is everything. It is faith in eternity.
Meaningless means I derive meaning from the world? Okay contradiction. Please tell me why I care about everything even though I don't and you also state God doesn't care? Guess God is not all-loving. 
Our_Boat_is_Right
Debates: 16
Our_Boat_is_Right
-->
@Mopac
You have to give evidence you know.  Explain why It is not the Islamic god or another god.  Omar is looking for evidence, while your approach is more philosophical(which is fine), you also have to be able to explain yourself.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Our_Boat_is_Right
The evidence is what is taught. Christianity is fundamentally apodictic truth. That is, once The Spirit of Truth reveals The Unoriginate in His Word, and you have been enlightened to The Truth, it is no difficult thing to profess The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, one in essence and undivided. 

Do you know what The Ultimate Reality means? That is to know The One True God.

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."

And the way to know Christ is through love. If you do not love, Christ is not in you. Love is something to be experienced as a mystery, not intellectualized. It is to live! And with this epignosis or true knowledge of experiencing and living this mystery, that is how you can come to know Christ. If you love Christ, believe Him, and obey. Then Christ will reveal himself to those of pure heart. Those who have given themselves over to the love of God above everything else. 

Jesus said "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

The Truth is God. What does it look like to love The Truth? It looks like purifying the heart.

Jesus said, "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."

Our_Boat_is_Right
Debates: 16
Our_Boat_is_Right
Mopac, I understand that and I agree.  But what I am saying is you have to have more than that to convince omar.  You have to be able to prove that the Bible isn't some made up book.  You should also continue to attack the ultimate reality point and post #59.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mopac
@chustave0
And all that you two do is contradict, without logical argument.

God and Krishna same old same old, but one has a prettier dress and plays the flute.

Brain infused imagery, that lacks any verifiable external evidence.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Our_Boat_is_Right
I do not believe I am capable of making anybody believe anything. 

33 days later

secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@Fallaneze
It's an open ended question and we will never truly know the answer. 
I agree. This is in fact because there is no evidence which justifies belief in any god(s).  If there were it would not be an open ended question. 

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@secularmerlin
I'm considering calling myself an Athogist because I don't believe in Thog.

That way perhaps I can establish some common ground with our more religious leaning citizens.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@3RU7AL
Just as a social experiment? Perhaps I will join you.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
I believe however I prefer to identify as an avoltronist
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@secularmerlin
I think there are probably a lot of Athogists out there who just don't realize they're already members!
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@secularmerlin
I believe however I prefer to identify as an avoltronist
You might be inadvertently asking for some serious trouble from the hordes of Voltron fanatics!!
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@3RU7AL
I'm used to it honestly. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
I do not believe I am capable of making anybody believe anything. 
Are you saying God made people not to believe in it?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
No, I am saying that if you don't believe, you have made that choice. It would be your choice to believe as well.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
No, I am saying that if you don't believe, you have made that choice. It would be your choice to believe as well.
So why carry on speaking your mind when I am sure you have tried to state your opinion and people chose to not believe you? 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
If it is all meaningless anyway Mr Nihilist, why do you say anything at all? Why concern yourself with what I say?

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
If it is all meaningless anyway Mr Nihilist, why do you say anything at all? Why concern yourself with what I say?
I asked a question to you and expected an answer. It being meaningless doesn't change that. So are you going to stop ad-homming me and answer the question? 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You have an awful lot of faith for a nihilist. Expecting answers for your questions.

You have made nihilism your identity. If arguing against nihilism is an attack on you, it cannot be helped. 

Besides, you started  this. Your question pertains to me, not the topic. You aren't doing anything different.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac

You have an awful lot of faith for a nihilist. Expecting answers for your questions.
Faith? Please tell me what this has got to do with faith. I asked a question. You are not answering instead resort to ad-homs. Guess preaching love is all that Christians do. They don't actually act upon it. Mischaracterizing me and what is going is not a good thing to do. You are doing a bad thing and Christians suppose to practice good. Do I need to find a verse on insults? 
You have made nihilism your identity. If arguing against nihilism is an attack on you, it cannot be helped.
If it wasn't clear your point was a non-sequitur to what I asked. A question isn't a direct contradiction to nihilism unless we are using Mopac's dictionary or maybe that doesn't even go inline with what you say. You are so adamant in finding a definition for God why not for nihilism? I already know the answer but I want to see if you are actually not knowledgeable on what it is you are talking about. 
Besides, you started  this. Your question pertains to me, not the topic. You aren't doing anything different.
If it wasn't clear there is no site policy to follow what was stated as the topic. If it is please to report me to bsh1. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Your username is the real nihilist, dude. 

So to you I say that I do what I do for no reason.

Also, there cqn be no reasonable doubt concerning God's existence.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Faith? Please tell me what this has got to do with faith.
I believe the standard theist attack is, "you have faith in your ability to reason", "you have faith in science".
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
Your username is the real nihilist, dude. 
You serious? I give you the chance to defend your ad-hom but you don't. Really goes to show how little you can do to defend your side. At least with God you gave me 3-4 words. You don't even give me a single one here.
So to you I say that I do what I do for no reason.
Definition of nihilism if you can. Do also link it to a dictionary as well.
Also, there cqn be no reasonable doubt concerning God's existence.
3-4 words is not demonstrating God's existence. It is simply showing what little you can do as an agnostic to present a case. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@3RU7AL
I believe the standard theist attack is, "you have faith in your ability to reason", "you have faith in science".
If he did say that. I am not using science. I am simply asking you to answer a question. Define a word and maybe later on defend God with more than just 3-4 words. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
If you can't avoid attacking me personslly while you are complaining about me allegedly attacking you personally, you should  probably just keep it to yourself.

This introduction seemms pretty good.